Man Arrested at Concord BART Station After Urinating on Train

July 18, 2014 10:46 am · 54 comments

A man was arrested at the Concord BART station on Thursday afternoon after he urinated on the BART train, according to BART Police.

The following information is from BART Police:

A patron reported that a male had urinated in the lead car of a Pittsburg bound train. An officer intercepted the train at Concord and detained the male. A records/warrant check showed the male had two warrants for his arrest (15K and 50K for burglary issued by SFPD). The male was cited for urinating on the train and was placed under arrest on the warrants. The male was booked into the Martinez Detention Facility. A sergeant approved the arrest.

{ 54 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Observant July 18, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Cant imagine why such a classy fellow was headed to Bay Point….

2 ChampagneKitty July 18, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Ewwwwwwww!!!!!

3 Jtkatec July 18, 2014 at 10:57 AM

He really should be made to clean it up.

4 Vishus Sycal July 18, 2014 at 10:58 AM

So he’ll soon be released with no charges filed. In a couple o’ days he’ll poop on the train, get cited, no charges will be filed.. Then he’ll show up naked, be written up, released, and so on and so on and so on………………

5 Mr. Pink July 18, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Nice. Funny how people with outstanding warrants continue to do stupid sh*t, putting them in contact with police who then discover said warrants. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

6 Anonymous July 18, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Let me get this straight – the clown has two felony warrants and a Sgt has to approve the arrest? What’s he going to do ,disapprove it?

7 Walnut Creek Resident July 18, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Gross. Once I saw a man barfing big time all over the train. I reported it along with others. I hope they remove all the carpeting out of those trains and make it poop, barf and pee proof!!! So we have to put up with animals on BART now.

8 Sean K July 18, 2014 at 11:24 AM

What the H*ll is wrong with people?

9 Laurie July 18, 2014 at 11:26 AM

This is why I refuse to ride BART because of disgusting people, that is gross!!! No wonder the trains stink so freakin bad. ewwwww makes me gag thinking about it.

10 Mom143 July 18, 2014 at 11:31 AM

I missed all this fun yesterday?!

11 WCmom July 18, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Nothing’s worse, tho, than Bart on NYEve. Yuck-a-doo.

12 I am surprised that he July 18, 2014 at 11:38 AM

was not released with a citation and a court date.

13 PO'd July 18, 2014 at 11:44 AM

He obviously thinks he was in San Fransicko, as it’s ok to urinate and defecate wherever and whenever you want.It’s just a matter of mistaken reality.We need to have real compassion for the waste challenged individual-after all, he’s really no different than you or I.Pee on my brother!

14 Concord Res July 18, 2014 at 11:53 AM

How can these people even afford a ride on a BART train? Are they just hopping the fare gates or what?

15 Patty July 18, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Once I was riding BART from Pleasant Hill to San Francisco. A guy peed in the car. I got up and called the train operator on the intercom. He didn’t seem to care in the least. No cops were called. I had to sit there the rest of the trip and have the homeless guy glare at me the whole trip.

16 City Girl July 18, 2014 at 12:09 PM

That is ab-so-lutely frickin’ disgusting!!! I hope that train was steam cleaned and disinfected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 Russ July 18, 2014 at 12:19 PM

What a dummy! Everyone knows the bathroom is in the last car, not the front!

18 TMB July 18, 2014 at 12:25 PM

What a pi$$er.

19 IckBart July 18, 2014 at 12:27 PM

All kinds of icky disgusting things on the train and in the stations. For a while someone would smeer sh87987t all over the walls and platform at the Montgomery Street station.

Have seen people barfing, peeing, spitting, smoking, eating, drinking, masturbating on the train. Fun fun fun. Lots of classy people out there.

20 Smart,Goodlooking&Debonaire July 18, 2014 at 12:29 PM

obama voter.

21 kax July 18, 2014 at 12:44 PM

too bad he didn’t pee on the third rail…..i would rather hitch-hike than ride bart….

22 Silva July 18, 2014 at 12:52 PM

They do need recepticles or barf bags or something. A friend once told me on her way work on BART she started feeling ill beteen stops and moved to an area where no one was sitting, ducked down and ever so quietly threw up. what are you going to do? barring that it’d be good if they’d steam clean and disinfect once in a while. Of course, they won’t,

23 Concordejet July 18, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Everyone will now be required to wear diaper before boarding the train

24 Dorothy July 18, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Couldn’t they add indecent exposure to the charge – or was he too short for that?

25 Mr. Pink July 18, 2014 at 1:13 PM

@14 Yes, he probably hopped the gate, though more likely it was even easier than that. I have seen so many “fill in the stereotype” a-holes just pushing through the “emergency” exit gate (or is it for handicapped people?) and the station agent does nothing. I sometimes wonder why I continue to pay $10+ a day when so many others get to ride for free with no repercussions.

26 @Silvia #22 July 18, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Hi Silva,

Put some doggie bags in whatever you carry your stuff in. You don’t need a whole roll, but a few will do.

And carry a paper towel or two for clean-up as well.

This way, you could tell a vagrant it’s “food”, and they would take it off your hands.

27 Smart,Goodlooking&Debonaire July 18, 2014 at 1:29 PM

hopefully he wasnt offended while urinating in the train car or during his arrest. That would be a REAL CRIME. right lefties?
LOLOL!!!

28 Don P - n concord July 18, 2014 at 1:36 PM

I peed on a bart train once. I had no choice, and I hadn’t eaten any asparagus that day so the odor was very minimal anyways!

29 anon July 18, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Go ahead and hop the gate. They don’t care if your car is stolen, why should they care if you hop the gate.

30 The Realist July 18, 2014 at 2:26 PM

1 out of 1000s incidents per year… nice try Bart PR
The trains still reek and smell. I hope the next gen trains are made with antimicrobial surfaces/textiles.
Now let’s raise our fares to cover more union lackeys doing not much!

31 Elwood July 18, 2014 at 2:26 PM

“A sergeant approved the arrest.”

Oh, thank God!

What would the BART pretend police do without a sergeant to approve the arrest? Clean up the mess for the poor underprivileged perp?

Stay classy, BART!

32 PhilthyPHRESH July 18, 2014 at 3:08 PM

Incarceration is a crime against humanity.

33 just a concordian July 18, 2014 at 3:36 PM

@ickBart
I ride Bart daily, twice a day and I haven’t seen any of the fun activities you describe. Granted when I do the train is too full to engage in any of those activities. But it would be quite interesting to see if someone did pee during rush hour. Is it assault if you’re peed upon? Do i have the right to beat the crap out of that guy? What if it is a hot girl doing it?

34 Ctown July 18, 2014 at 4:11 PM

@just a concordian

Hot girls do not use public transportation.

35 just a concordian July 18, 2014 at 4:20 PM

Well, most of the time it’s the middle aged ladies that occupy those seats. But every once in a while there’s a few hot self conscious girls with daddy issues and a boatload of insecurities. How I know, you ask? I feel we’re getting sidetracked here…

36 Elwood July 18, 2014 at 5:27 PM

PhilthyPHRESH July 18, 2014 at 3:08 PM #32

Incarceration is a crime against humanity.

So is stupidity.

37 Smart,Goodlooking&Debonaire July 18, 2014 at 5:44 PM

@Elwood,#36: I personally think PhilthyPHRESH is suffering in the head from something chronic.

38 Chevrolet girl July 18, 2014 at 5:53 PM

@Elwood #36

I can’t find the LIKE button but If could I would press it a thousand times! Well said!

39 Walnut Creek Resident July 18, 2014 at 5:59 PM

I am so sick of people that excuse this behavior. Yes throw them in jail. I once had a man and a woman box me in the train while her man was exposing himself. I told the BART police of course. From now on I ride on the first train. This happened late at night while I came from a family get together on New Years. Not a great experience. I did escape from those two idiots. I told the cops that the thing is I will not forget that man doing that and they said they worry mostly about kids being exposed to that stuff. I told them I must be like a kid because I am not feeling too great from that. Cops said that was an assault. Gross just gross.

40 jrconcord July 18, 2014 at 6:30 PM

2 weeks ago I rode the BART from Concord to Fremont. Both trains that I had to ride on, had this funk, like a huge sweaty ass,with a hint of urine.

41 Smart,Goodlooking&Debonaire July 18, 2014 at 6:34 PM

is PhilthyPHRESH and Yhe Phantom the same person? they seem equally peculiar.

42 PhilthyPHRESH July 18, 2014 at 6:59 PM

@overlyconcervative&debonaire Actually chronic makes me suffer free my friend. And it makes me smarter, @ the other guy.

43 .... July 18, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Was train on time or had it been delayed?

44 BUCK426 July 18, 2014 at 7:40 PM

I’ll wager the bart pisser and the stoner poster filthy are both “urban youths”

…these fuq’n ninjas need to be hosed off back into their cages – lock the doors, throw away the keys.

45 Shelly July 18, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Anyone ever have the pleasure of riding in a car with a durian fruit?

46 caskydiver July 19, 2014 at 10:05 AM

I don’t understand why they are not made to clean up their mess before taking them in for booking….

47 WC resident July 19, 2014 at 10:19 AM

But the real question is whether or not this man’s rights were violated, for being arrested??? The leftists and libs demand to know!!!!

48 Walnut Creek Resident July 19, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Those morons were not arrested. I was too slow reporting the crime. So that means they are capable of doing this to someone else!!
Gross. I feel responsible for not being quick enough. I just hope they do not victimize a child. I felt as vulnerable as a child! Injured in the mind and soul.

49 common sense July 20, 2014 at 12:12 PM

I really think the cost of arrest / trial or plea needs to get repaid before freedom if convicted of a crime. If they don’t have the funds they need to fire up the old school desk factories or get them to do maintenance on our parks or pick up trash, paint graffiti or in this case scrub the tenderloin each morning until their debt to society is paid. During this time of repayment we will provide housing and food in secured old military barracks that will be drug / booze free zones that can be manned by representatives from some of the conservative groups that are always complaining about mentally ill people on the streets even their political hero closed most of the mental hospitals decades ago to save money.

50 mr rogers July 20, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Not a smart.if the urine hits the 3rd rail 600 volts might just help you can say goodbye to Mr winky.

51 Marissa July 20, 2014 at 2:27 PM

Good God, can this get any worse!

52 BART Smell July 23, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Judging by the smell, I always assumed they encouraged people to piss on BART trains.

53 Marianne July 23, 2014 at 4:44 PM

@BART Smell, they do it all the time. I have a pocket dog that I bring on BART with me and he pees and poops right on the train. Haven’t heard a complaint yet.

54 Concord July 24, 2014 at 2:42 AM

A.B. 109 hard at work. I love how all these fare evaders and offenders have these warrants out. What a revolving door. I want to get to work another way! Cal-Train oh Cal-Train, Ferry oh Ferry, any way but squished like cattle on a smelly BART train but hey those BART cops will move the homeless in the name of safety thanks to BART management but not the passengers; like BART Police would ever be around to evacuate a station in less than 30 minutes. Everything concerning BART is just stupid; stupid decisions; stupid posters on the trains, stupid newspapers articles, nothing good ever happens from all these stupid things.