PHOTO: Concord DMV Gutted – Will Reopen in September of 2014

July 12, 2014 16:00 pm · 27 comments

concorddmv

As we previously reported, Concord DMV is undergoing a little remodel, and will be closed until September.

This recent picture was taken at the side entrance to the DMV, which faces AAA. As you can tell, they still have a lot of work to do.

In the meantime, if you need assistance from DMV, you can always visit their Walnut Creek Office.

{ 27 comments… read them below or add one }

1 SKS July 12, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Instead of spending money on a remodel, the funds should have been spent on retraining those lazy government workers to provide better and faster customer service.

2 LOUIE July 12, 2014 at 4:15 PM

May they can remodel their unfriendly employees.

3 Dorothy July 12, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Just a little remodeling? Would like to see what major remodeling looks like.

4 Killjoy July 12, 2014 at 4:58 PM

I went to the DMV in Pitsburg yesterday. I found out that they were closing at noon, for a remodel. They would be closed for months as well.
Not sure if that’s true or not, but if it is, who decided it would be a good idea to shut down two DMV offices next to each other, at the same time?

5 BillSawyers July 12, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Maybe It’ll speed up the lines.
from 2 hours to 15 minutes.

6 anon July 12, 2014 at 6:04 PM

No lines!

7 KenInConcord July 12, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Over 80% of the remodel is for the employee lounge.

8 @#1, #2, & #3 July 12, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Agreed. Agreed. Agreed.

9 Duck July 12, 2014 at 6:34 PM

What a waste of taxpayers hard earned money…..yes the place was old .
But it was still some what functionable , if you can use that word in the same sentence as the DMV or any branch of the government .
This Country leaks money and man hours like a sieve.
Boy they sure have made tons of headway on that project……NOT !!!!!!!
A good demo crew would of had that done with in the first 16 man hours !
How much would you like to bet that they have an late opening and it’s worse than the old fomat ?
God I can’t wait to leave this retarded state of KALI !

10 Duck July 12, 2014 at 6:35 PM

format *

11 Dr. Jellyfinger® July 12, 2014 at 6:52 PM

If they have any compassion at all they’ll add a big screen TV and a bar.

12 Julio July 12, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Will it help their horrible malfunctioning computer system? It has never worked and we just keep pouring money into it.

13 Dee July 12, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Yep my daughter was in the WC one a couple of weeks ago and they told her that The Pittsburg one was closing for a redo also so yep Killjoy you heard right. Smart idea……don’t think so!! Geez what a load of morons running this state anymore!

14 Reality Slap July 12, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Let’s see…a government construction/remodel project….7 weeks until September 2014….yeah….it ain’t gonna be done.

15 Marissa July 12, 2014 at 9:15 PM

BillSawyers, that is a wish and a half.

16 Sofa King July 12, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Very simple T.I.- tenant improvement. Should be wham, bam, thank you ma’am. But we shall see….

17 I don't think... July 12, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Any thing could make any of you happy.
Constant whining about everything and
anything. The funny thing is, most of you
wouldn’t know your arse from a whole in
the ground. At least keep your kvetching
humorous, then it’s at least worth reading.
Oh yah, six days and counting !

18 Anon July 12, 2014 at 10:19 PM

So they should have rented space for a temporary office while this is going on that is what any private company would have done

19 Longer lines accommodation July 12, 2014 at 11:56 PM

They have to create larger waiting areas for the influx of illegal, undocumented alien applicants trying to get their CA ID/Driver License

20 Anon July 13, 2014 at 6:23 AM

So are we paying all those employees to stay home?

21 green July 13, 2014 at 6:44 AM

why is the dmv in such a rush to renovate??

22 iluvfriedchicken July 13, 2014 at 3:10 PM

@21

Exactly. What’s the purpose of this? It’s the DMV not a cocktail lounge or fancy restaurant.

23 Alfred July 13, 2014 at 4:36 PM

On the DMV Pittsburg web site drivers are asked to go to Oakland El Cerrito Tracy or Vallejo

24 TinFoiler July 14, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Wow. But #1 & #2 Nailed it. If this were the public sector those employees would be out of a job for their lousy customer skills.

25 Jojo Potato July 14, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Just drove by the Walnut Creek DMV. What a mess! Parking lot packed, people waiting outside. Good luck with that!

26 just a concordian July 14, 2014 at 12:13 PM

I had the misfortune of going to the WC DMV on July 3rd. Knowing I was going to suffer, I took the day off for this. And yes, I did try the appointment but damn near impossible to get one when I needed it.
At 8 AM doors opened. At 7:35 when i got there the line was around the building, the parking lot was full and barely any street parking to boot.
My turn came at 10:30!!! 2.5 hours of wait! And the lovely lady behind the counter was in desperate need of some tenderizing so I had to dig deep in my DMV lexicon to find words such as “I’m sorry, I know you’re overworked, I understand your frustration, I don’t mean to take it out on you” etc etc etc. Yea, last I checked these clowns are OUR employees. Our overinflated fees, taxes, and tickets pay for their salaries. In case they haven’t gotten the memo, do what I’m telling you and don’t give ME attitude!
Once I got my temporary moving permit for ONE day (she wouldnt give me any more) I rushed to drive around for a couple of hours to reset the ECU then quickly to the smog place then back to DMV to get the damn sticker. Another half an hour of wait, this time at the line which you get a number to get to the other line, but the lovely lady there remembered me from the morning and fixed me up without me having to stand in that other line. So a -1 and a +1.
DMV 0 – 0 ME

I vow to one up them one day! Sadly I am a realist and unlike a Corleone granting a favor for another in return, that day WILL never come.

27 Mista Jay July 22, 2014 at 1:01 PM

This is an insult to the taxpayer. If we can go months without this we can go without it forever. Shut it down, lay off the workers, and save the taxpayer money. Or here’s a better idea: how about the wealthy public sector union, SEIU, pay for it instead of laundering taxpayer dollars to the Democratic Party?