Vegetation Fire Extinguished on Heritage Lane in Pleasant Hill

July 6, 2014 21:59 pm · 10 comments

heritage1

heritage2

A small vegetation fire was extinguished on Heritage Lane in Pleasant Hill on Sunday afternoon.

Heritage Lane is in the area of Taylor & Gregory. No structures were damaged during the fire, and the cause of the blaze is unknown at this time.

photo credit: @ContraCostaFire on Twitter

1 Cause of fire? July 6, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Um…let me take a lucky guess: some dumb fool with a firework of some kind.

People, drought, fire season, dry conditions…the spark of common sense should be between your ears, and not on a firecracker.

2 Or.... July 6, 2014 at 10:36 PM

some idiot throwing a lit cigarette out their car window.

3 PH Dad July 6, 2014 at 11:00 PM

The area where the fire was doesn’t back up to any roads. Probably fireworks…

4 Michelle July 6, 2014 at 11:11 PM

I think someone threw a lit cigarette, I’ve seen many grass fires through out the bay area this weekend caused by just that. Folks be careful.

5 Antler July 7, 2014 at 3:21 AM

For those of us who do not care to do the Twitter, please would someone post the name(s) of the photographers?

The composition and captured mood of the second one strongly reminds me of Radar’s work.

6 Russ July 7, 2014 at 7:14 AM

I’ve had it up to here with vegetations! Eat more meat, people!!!!

7 Where is Heritage Lane? July 7, 2014 at 7:49 AM

Where is Heritage Lane? Taylor and Gregory do not meet – they run parallel. And I know that Heritage Hills Dr is in the area of Taylor and Grayson – but I could not locate a Heritage Lane on any map in Pleasant Hill….
Can someone please educate me? Thx!

8 KJ July 7, 2014 at 8:08 AM

“Safe” fireworks + “sane” users… Good thing we have a very competent fire department!

9 Heritage Hills Drive Location July 7, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Heritage Hills Drive starts at Grayson Road. Gregory Lane and Taylor don’t actually intersect, nor do they run parallel, Gregory changes names when it crosses Pleasant Hill Road and becomes Grayson.
Heritage Hills is the first left on Grayson after Taylor Blvd.

Fire crews were working on both Heritage Hills and the next street, Mohawk.

PHDad

10 anon July 7, 2014 at 11:01 AM

The police and fire appeared to enter on Mohawk and go behind one of the homes to access fire.