NEW INFO! The 4th of July Festival & Fireworks at Mt. Diablo High School in Downtown Concord

July 4, 2014 8:00 am · 16 comments

july4th

The 4th of July Festival & Fireworks show at Mt. Diablo High School in Downtown Concord is only ONE DAY AWAY!

4thofjuly

The 4th of July festival will begin at 4pm with fireworks at 9pm, so get there early. You can show up at 4pm to put a blanket or chairs down and reserve your spot to watch the fireworks.

The fireworks show will last 20-minutes, and the show will be performed by the same company who does the fireworks show in the City of Pleasant Hill, and they’re also the same company who did the fireworks for the Singing Flag, which ended its 25-year-run last year.

For event and vendor information please CLICK HERE.

This event is run entirely by volunteers, so if you’d like to help out, please contact Tim McGallian with the Todos Santos Business Association Arts Foundation, Inc. at 925-695-7268 or email him at tim@timmcgallian.com.

{ 16 comments }

1 Killjoy July 4, 2014 at 8:47 AM

WooHoo! I’ve got my spot all picked out for the fireworks!

If you want to join us, send me an e-mail and I’ll tell you where GoGo and I will be photographing tonight’s event from! :-)

2 :-) July 4, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Are the fireworks free? Where is the best place to sit/park?

3 Shelly July 4, 2014 at 1:38 PM

I hope everyone has a great time! I’ll be waiting to see the pictures.

4 RunnerDope July 4, 2014 at 2:05 PM

@Killjoy,

How do I send you an email?

5 Michelle July 4, 2014 at 5:43 PM

It’s easy RunnerDope, just send it to the Mayor :-)

6 Killjoy July 4, 2014 at 7:33 PM

I have an account I use occasionally that I still check.

You can email me at
killjoy_011@yahoo.com

7 Killjoy July 4, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Got one email so far.
Hopefully they show. :-)

8 Mrs. T July 4, 2014 at 9:23 PM

WHAT!!! Is this a joke? That’s the show? What a joke and a waste of our time sitting here freezing. We should have went to Martinez.

9 KAD July 4, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Mrs. T. Freezing? Where are you that you are freezing? Did you go to SF?

10 MadMom July 4, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Mrs T… I can’t believe you didn’t enjoy the show. I am so happy that there are people who work so hard to make events like today happen. What a terrific day and show! Thank you to all the wonderful people who volunteered their time and talent!

11 Mrs. Raby July 4, 2014 at 10:20 PM

thank you city of concord….loved the show !

12 Mimi (original) July 4, 2014 at 10:27 PM

I thought the show was GREAT! And I didn’t have to ensure the crowds at the singing flag! Hope they do this again!

13 Killjoy July 4, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Well, I gotta tell you. I thought the show was great, but I was a little disappointed that they weren’t a little higher in the sky.
The view from the top deck of the parking structure behind Skipolini’s was a tad obstructed.
And there were quite a few other people who had the same idea as I did.
That top deck was packed!

14 Mimi (original) July 5, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Please, Mrs T, GO to Martinez, or anywhere else for that matter! One less car full of ppl to deal with while watching an awesome show!

15 Cowellian July 5, 2014 at 9:16 AM

Mrs. T, maybe you can get a refund.

16 Puddintain July 5, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Haha! Is this the same Mrs. T who thinks she should run for City Council? Wet Blanket Mrs. T? Hahaha.