Small Fire Extinguished Behind Plaza Home Furniture on Willow Pass in Concord

July 2, 2014 · 7 comments

firefirefire

A small fire was extinguished behind the Plaza Home Furniture store on Willow Pass Rd. in Concord (across from Park ‘N Shop).

The building was threatened at one point during the fire, but ConFire extinguished the blaze before it could cause any major damage.

No injuries were reported, and the cause of the blaze is unknown.

Thanks to Laurel Clemons for the photo!

1 ConcordMike July 2, 2014 at 11:07 AM

This is the area that the homeless are taking over. From the corner of Clayton Rd & Fry to, Willow Pass Rd & Sutter. PetSmart is infested as well as the area that caught fire. Any given time you can drive by the bus stop at Clayton & Fry and see them gathering, as well as on the side of the liquor store on Fry Way. They hang out in the loading dock area of PetSmart as well.

2 The Realist July 2, 2014 at 12:20 PM

The Concord City council won’t stop mollycoddling the homeless vagrants till they burn down city hall I guess?
ACT NOW CALL YOUR CITY COUNCIL PEOPLE before they burn down a school or daycare!
Unfortunately the dwelling-challenged in the city are a protected class just like documentation-challenged from the Monument corridor.
Let hope it doen’t take a couple hundred deaths when the homeless burn down the packed theater or some similar tragedy for the council to act.

3 Clayton & West Street Resident July 2, 2014 at 3:52 PM

I agree with you both 100%.

4 Miranda July 2, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Were there any injuries in that fire?

5 SAR July 2, 2014 at 5:18 PM

The area is loaded with homeless people who talk to themselves or scream for no reason!

6 Atticus Thraxx July 2, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Oh there’s a reason SAR, you just don’t know what it is.

7 tal July 3, 2014 at 1:19 PM

Last time I was at PetsMart, I couldn’t help but notice the sketchy people around the parking lot, one of which starts walking right towards me in my car as I was parking…I just waited a few seconds, before getting out, to see which way he was going to go…
That whole parking lot needs a deep steam cleaning too…