UPDATE: CoCo Sheriff, Clayton Police Dealing with Uncooperative Person Inside Home on Pebble Beach Dr.

July 2, 2014 12:09 pm · 81 comments

holdup holdup2

Clayton Police & the Contra Costa County Office of the Sheriff are in the process of dealing with an uncooperative person on Pebble Beach Dr. in Clayton.

Details are not currently available, but we’re hearing the Sheriff is apparently trying to evict a person inside the home, but they won’t come out. That information hasn’t been confirmed by the authorities.

We will keep you posted.

UPDATE, 12:35pm: The Sheriff is using the loud-speaker to try and get the person to come out of the house.

UPDATE, 2:35pm: The following update is from the Contra Costa County Office of the Sheriff:

This morning at about 10:30, the Office of the Sheriff Civil Unit arrived at a home on the 1000 block of Pebble Beach Drive in Clayton to perform an eviction. The occupant refused to open the door and barricaded herself inside the residence. It was later learned that three children were possibly inside the residence.

Sheriff’s Office investigators and negotiators arrived at the home and repeatedly tried to communicate with the occupant. After numerous failed attempts to contact her, Deputies forced entry into the home at about 1:30 PM. A woman was taken into custody and three children were found unharmed

1 funny man July 2, 2014 at 12:13 PM

gasp! color me surprised, someone living a champange life on a budwieser budget is throwing a tantrum cuz they cant afford there McMansion any more

2 wow July 2, 2014 at 12:14 PM

Could be an eviction, the Sheriff’s department perform lock outs. This would be one very messy eviction.

3 Uhm July 2, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Sad. Whatever the situation is….
Put yourself on their shoes, u don’t know what really the situation is
I am sure it is not an easy task for law enforcement

4 Class Warfare July 2, 2014 at 12:32 PM

#1, not surprised? You really think this kind of neighborhood is where most people, throwing “tantrums” that require police intervention live? Probably the first time the SO has even gone to this neighborhood ever.

5 Charlie's Angel July 2, 2014 at 12:37 PM

The person may be mentally unstable like 90% of this world, hence the eviction. Hope they handle it with compassion.
I feel bad for the Sherff’s dept and also the pour soul losing their home, no matter what the reason.

6 uh oh! July 2, 2014 at 12:41 PM

I bet every cop in clayton is there. Hope no place gets robbed.

7 anon July 2, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Who hasn’t been effected (affected, i never can figure that out) by this economy? Is there anyone that can say they don’t know anyone that lost their home? Does anyone really know the full story here?

8 @funny man July 2, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Living in Clayton is the “champagne life” in your eyes? Lol- you really are a funny man!

Hardly the case!!! Rofl!!!

9 Concoredejet July 2, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Oh no this could happen to my mom she is also going through an eviction her renter too I am still waiting to hear from her on what the attorney had said.

10 kevin July 2, 2014 at 12:56 PM

1042 Pebble Beach was foreclosed on 3/28/14 must be Well Fargo doing an eviction.

11 Anon July 2, 2014 at 1:03 PM

@5, how does possible eviction equal mental instability? Could be a squatter or just someone that fell on hard times and wasn’t able to keep the rent paid.

12 Anonymous July 2, 2014 at 1:06 PM

I live on the street where this is happening. This situation makes me very sad. I am very grateful for our law enforcement, and their patience as they work through this difficult process.

13 ConcordMike July 2, 2014 at 1:11 PM

There goes the neighborhood!

14 Peacock Creek Resident July 2, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Thanks, Claycord…my daughter just called me and didn’t know what was going on. Hope this ends peacefully. Thanks, as always, for the quick updates!

15 Jimboy July 2, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Before folks get too sympathetic for this woman…she is holding her kids hostage. At gun point.

16 kevin July 2, 2014 at 1:19 PM

I have had several of these stand offs from evictions the homeowner lived in the home for free for one or two years Bank more then likely offered her at least $5,000 or more to move peacefully. The past home owner has no where to go and no income she will more then likely be living on the streets tonight. It is what it is life is going to move on.

17 the other jj July 2, 2014 at 1:19 PM

the sheriffs office charges landlords to evict tenents who have lost their case, this is a great service it is sad for the kids but the parents are the cause,, get them out like you are paid to do

18 tired July 2, 2014 at 1:29 PM

I feel sad for the children…hearing they are hostages by the parents…scared not understanding what is happening….they should leave before things get
ugly and someone gets hurt….there are places to go to and not be on the streets tonight….hopefully they have relatives that can take care of the kids
they come first…..a eviction is not a good thing…but if they have been living there free for a year or two without paying rent…hope they saved up money to move away…..sad

19 Boneguy1 July 2, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Just a note – She has had an “OBAMA is AMERICA” sign on her garage for years! Just another deadbeat OBAMA minority.

20 ConcordMike July 2, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Foreclosed on March 28th, 2014? This is one of the quickest evictions I’ve seen by a bank. Most of the ones I’ve heard about take a year or more. Must be because it is in a nicer area. Greedy B–tards!

21 @ Kevin July 2, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Where did you get the information that the house was foreclosed? Just wondering where to find that data.

22 Non July 2, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Get the Swat team.

23 Grammar nazi July 2, 2014 at 2:05 PM

Affect is a verb, effect is a noun.
Your welcome.

24 ANNONeeemoose July 2, 2014 at 2:15 PM

YOu all know that the bank itself doesn’t DO any evictions right? That is still a court proceeding. Plus how do we know if they are tenants, the former owner, or have we even confirmed this IS the house?

Before you judge how about if you had nowhere to go. Literally. I mean there is always a shelter, and the Bay Area Crisis Nursery can help with kids. But do any of you truly now what it’s like to lose hope?

Many of you are just mean people. Have some compassion.

25 Idiocracy July 2, 2014 at 2:20 PM

So she has been squatting for a few months now? I feel sympathy cause our economy is in the toilet. Hope she doesn’t shoot her kids and comes to her senses. If the people of USA/CA want change then we need to vote out all dems and rupubs and elect Independents that have actually worked for a living.

26 Root Beer July 2, 2014 at 2:20 PM

@Grammar nazi – Ironic much? YOU’RE welcome.

27 Doug July 2, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Law enforcement needs to mind it’s own business. Clayton residents believe in “Live free or die”… that’s probably why we are so successful.

28 @ grammar nazi July 2, 2014 at 2:27 PM

Hey grammar nazi, *you’re

29 Anonymous July 2, 2014 at 2:33 PM

Very good root beer . You got it before I did and to good affect.

30 It's over July 2, 2014 at 2:35 PM

Heard it just ended. Police rushed the door and the woman was arrested and kids are with CPS.

31 anonanonagain July 2, 2014 at 2:38 PM

While I have compassion for anyone that is losing their home, I also understand you can’t just let someone live there for free. So many people have got themselves into debt by abusing/overusing/living on their credit cards. Driving a fancy, expensive car that they can ill afford and expecting everyone else to bail them out. They need to have a basic economics class in High School to teach people about managing their money. If this woman is using her kids as hostages, she is pathetic. No sympathy there……

32 c July 2, 2014 at 2:49 PM

I guess grammar Nazi needs a lesson!

33 Marianne July 2, 2014 at 3:03 PM

The majority of people in claycord are retired law enforcement, this is probably not easy for them.

34 @#27 July 2, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Well, this Clayton resident believes if you default on a home loan for months, and refuse to get out, then the sheriff should toss you out. I think you’re really just trolling anyway though and probably not really a Clayton resident.

35 RealityCheck July 2, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Hilarious.
Just bust down the freaking door and take out the sorry SOB.
This should be a non-issue… refusal to quit the premises? Just remove them physically. Fast and hard.
If it is true that there are hostages, get a sniper and drop the SOB. Fast and hard.
…Next Issue?

36 kevin July 2, 2014 at 3:33 PM

No issues we have our quite street back and three kids gone that would ride there skate boards up and down the hill night and day with no helmets one less Obama fan in the neighborhood. House is going to sell quickly and the new owners will be thrilled to own it.

37 itsme July 2, 2014 at 3:36 PM

I must say Mr. Mayor. This is probably the first time that I’ve thought you did something irresponsibly…..posting the address. First of all the police don’t need any interference or looky loos if indeed it is a hostage situation. That could be quite dangerous.Secondly, that is a sad situation that doesn’t need an audience.

38 CLAYCORD.com July 2, 2014 at 3:41 PM

@itsme, where did I post the address? -Mayor

39 itsme July 2, 2014 at 4:05 PM

My apologies, YOU did not post the address however you did allow someone to include it on their post.

40 itsme July 2, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Kevin #10 posted the address.

41 MadMom July 2, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Sometimes reading threads like this reminds me of That 70’s Show when they’re all sitting in a circle…solving life’s problems… All the comments are about as brilliant as the ones they came up with . Sad story but very entertaining comments.

42 Piggy Bank July 2, 2014 at 4:25 PM

She will be asking for money to get bailed out of jail on here soon.
Hang onto your wallets!

43 It's over July 2, 2014 at 4:29 PM

Itsme, it’s a little thing called Freedom of the Press.
You might have heard of it…..but maybe not, in this ObamaNation.

44 PO'd July 2, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Well, we don’t know all the details, but she doesn’t have to be homeless. 3 kids will get you sec 8, ADC and food stamps. Who knows, maybe she can stay locally with a sec 8 apt. on Clayton Rd.

45 Anonogod July 2, 2014 at 4:59 PM

@Funnyman #8..

I wonder if you realize that most of the cheapest houses are a half million dollars in Clayton..

46 Good Grief July 2, 2014 at 5:00 PM

@Kevin – YOU are why I despise living in Clayton/East Bay. People like you are disgusting. Oh, those kids were riding their skateboards?! That sounds terrible! Go to a retirement community you crotchety prick. I cannot wait to sell this house and get the hell out of here. I’ll make sure I leave my Obama/Hillary paraphernalia just for you.

47 Killjoy July 2, 2014 at 5:17 PM

@Concord Mike at post #20
I’ll tell you what Mike. If you feel so bad about them being evicted “so quick”, why don’t you go buy that house, and let them live there rent free for a couple of years?

48 dilligafman July 2, 2014 at 5:22 PM

STOOPID IS AS STOOPID DOES!

49 N.C. Counting July 2, 2014 at 5:25 PM

I have also enjoyed, sadly, the postings of the
“Fools gallery” as I refer to the regular trolls
here. It makes me sad. So I’ll just say this,
16 DAYS AND COUNTING!

50 Atticus Thraxx July 2, 2014 at 5:40 PM

People live such interesting lives. Nice day for a stand off though. A women with three kids in a desperate spot could make for a long afternoon.

51 itsme July 2, 2014 at 6:01 PM

It’s over, yes, we have freedom of the press but that doesn’t mean that it’s appropriate to print everything. Dare I say I would think if you or a family member were in a similar situation you wouldn’t want your address printed Let me guess, you’re going to say that you wouldn’t be in that situation..

52 @NC COUNTING July 2, 2014 at 6:07 PM

NC COUNTING WHAT IS 16 DAYS ? WHAT ARE YOU COUNTING?

53 Smart,Goodlooking&Debonaire July 2, 2014 at 6:09 PM

@Good Grief,#47: you’re leaving the area? awesome…another obama voter flushed. LOL!!!

54 Smart,Goodlooking&Debonaire July 2, 2014 at 6:11 PM

N.C. Counting is also leaving? another obama voter flushed!
LOL!!!

55 anonymous July 2, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Bad boy Kevin #10. LOL

56 Counting July 2, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Snark all you want. The last few days I’ve
posted the days left when escrow closes on
our home and we move north. I am not an Obama
supporter as such. But for certain I am not a
Reptard supporter either, I’m an Independant.
But those of you that constantly bashing Obama
have nothing rational in the way of progressive
solutions to the problems of our Country, State,
or city other than ” snarky semi humorous ”
Quips. So say what you will, but the regular gang
here was the biggest factor in our decision
to get out. So thanks, NRA #1fan, the various
Anon’s, and so many more, you know who you
are. Thanks!

57 Smart,Goodlooking&Debonaire July 2, 2014 at 6:47 PM

a few less liberals does seem to make the air smell a little nicer. Dont you all agree?

58 i can read July 2, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Dear grammar nazi, I got your joke, even though no one else seems to have. Well played.

59 Blink July 2, 2014 at 8:03 PM

Why choose to be any kind of nazi…..yikes

60 94598 July 2, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Whats the follow-up story here? The person last associated at that address before the bank was involved with several construction projects in Clayton.
Anybody able to fill in the blanks?

61 Elwood July 2, 2014 at 8:14 PM

@ ANNONeeemoose #24

“Have some compassion.”

Sorry, I’m totally out. I have compassion fatigue. In fact, I’m running a compassion deficit.

62 Grammer nazi July 2, 2014 at 8:18 PM

its okay, considering the average high age and general low iq of the audience, you can count yourself as an acception.

63 anon July 2, 2014 at 8:32 PM

#10 must be Kevin Roberts.

64 Cowellian July 2, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Counting, what was your regular posting name, just so we’ll know who to miss?

65 Neverceasestoamazeme July 2, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Whatever the cause of this woman losing her home she obviously is in great distress that she would hold her kids hostage. For those of you making jokes and judging may your day of reckoning come very soon. May you experience the horror of no roof over your head…or a place for your kids. She may have even used kids as hostages in order for CPS to take them so the kids at least would have a roof over their heads and food to eat. The stupidity of remarks and the callousness never ceases to amaze me. But then one would never expect intelligence from those who get gratification from the demise of others. My hope is this woman will get the help needed in order to turn her life around for herself and her kids. Can you even imagine for a moment what those poor kids were feeling? Their fear….there is nothing even remotely funny about this situation.

66 Antler July 2, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Grammar Nazi at #23. …… “Effect” most assuredly CAN be used as a verb (as well as being a noun).

“If I can effect a change in the behavior of youths, then that will have a positive effect on the community. Every step in that direction affects each of us.”

Hope that helps you and others to understand the usages.

67 Antler July 2, 2014 at 9:51 PM

….and #23…. You misused the pronoun “your”. Your close should have been “You’re welcome.” (….a contraction of the words “You are.”)

68 Me July 2, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Who knows the story. Maybe her baby daddy stopped paying child support. Maybe she is one of the millions that list her job and only had six months of unemployment.

69 rainparader July 2, 2014 at 11:13 PM

#65….I agree, wholeheartedly.

70 Anon777 July 3, 2014 at 7:03 AM

Counting – thank you for the laugh – Reptard is my new word! Good luck to you up North.

PO’d poster #44, check that Section 8 list – is it even open? If so, what’s the wait? You think it’s so easy, think again.

71 Silva July 3, 2014 at 8:05 AM

Thanks Antler (#66), for clearing that up. I was left reeling by the Grammar Nazi’s correction.

72 Dr. Jellyfinger® July 3, 2014 at 8:48 AM

Whoa! talk about a stay at home Mom. You know….his coulda been Mom’s plan all along. I mean the family has a place to stay now, plus meals and babysitters, all provided at no cost. Publicity will probably inspire donations & offers from sympathetic do gooders. I may just start building a barricade myself.

73 Isabelle July 3, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Antler, much appreciated. The grammar nazi can be daunting at times, but it is his nature.

74 @Counting July 3, 2014 at 9:12 AM

If “#1 NRA Fan” is really why you moved, then you completely FELL for the shtick. That guy appeared on here a couple years ago and has become the longest running troll. He made up the “NRA” persona and posts offensive and stereotypical statements as some imaginary NRA member to try and get people riled up. Man, it really worked on you.

I can see why not liking Republicans would make you want to move out of the Bay Area and/or California though. It’s really a hotbed of conservatism.

Don’t get me wrong, I can think of a whole bunch of reasons to get the heck out of here, but your’s seem strange if they’re really true. Anyway, hope you find happiness up North.

75 Anonymous July 3, 2014 at 9:46 AM

I love people like poster 65. Someone does an evil thing, like holding children hostage and she wants to get them the “Help they need” Couple weeks ago some woman pointed a gun at a cop ,predictably got killed and some poster asked why she couldn’t have been gotten “the help that she needed.

Give me a break. And yes there is no doubt this poster is a DeSaulnier/ Bonilla / low information voter Hereafter to be known as a “DBLIV”

76 Marissa July 3, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Anonymous, what else can be done; you have to at least try.

77 anon July 3, 2014 at 12:24 PM

70’s show, good analogy. Remember the old stoner from the photo hut? ‘She’s not all there if you know what I mean. She’s missing her pinky toe’.

May I be excused with the whole effect/affect word usage. When my brain was still able to comprehend, I must have been sick the day we went over that in school. I’ll probably need a work book dedicated to using these words in order to comprehend it. I would have rather done math or science or p.e. any day. I don’t know why I wasnt a boy. I hated writing and reading was a chore. I really don’t like scrabble or crosswords but Sudoku/ken ken/ sumduko or addictive. Does anyone know of some good websites for learning these things?

Could someone explain the joke the grammar nazi was making. That went way over my head and other’s I see.

78 anon July 3, 2014 at 12:25 PM

I mean grammar things.

79 Neverceasestoamazeme July 4, 2014 at 12:16 AM

@75 obviously you have a very low esteem and appears to be in great need of counseling yourself. Since you did not even mention concern for these kids one would be led to believe that your family life was not the greatest and your sarcastic remarks are actually a reflection of what you yourself went thru as child…. Its too bad no one intervened for you as well.

80 Cowellian July 4, 2014 at 7:49 AM

Everyone should come to Claycord for amateur psychoanalysis. OK, I’ll play, too. I hereby diagnose Neverceasestoamazeme as a psycho-ceramic

(otherwise known as a crack-pot)!

81 Neverceasestoamazeme July 4, 2014 at 1:19 PM

@80 if considered a crack pot because I do not make fun of people in distress , who are down on their luck…..then so be it….. I have been called much worse in life ………

remember the old saying”sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never harm me”