VIDEO: Thief Steals Merchandise from McGuire Harley-Davidson in Pacheco

July 1, 2014 8:00 am · 22 comments

McGuire Harley-Davidson in Pacheco (93 1st Avenue North) says they had a thief visit their store, and they’re asking for your help to identify the suspect.

Last Friday we had shoplifter steal an expensive item from our Parts Department. Fortunately, we caught the whole act on our security camera system.

Any help in identifying this suspect would be greatly appreciated. Anonymous information can be directed to Mike McGuire and will be relayed to the police investigating the matter.

Tips can be sent to mike@mcguire-hd.com.

1 mike July 1, 2014 at 8:35 AM

What a loser…..He’s very recognizable and someone knows him.

As for the stolen part’s description…..By expensive part we can assume it’s any part at McGuire’s?

2 Laurie July 1, 2014 at 8:38 AM

Dude get a job, earn a living. That’s how you get luxury items. Geez I can’t stand thieves, keep your hands off other people stuff!!!!! I hope they catch him, not that much will happen to him other then a slap on the wrist and maybe restitution.

3 Michelle July 1, 2014 at 9:11 AM

This is really not needed in our city. Anyone who recognizes that fool needs to step up.

4 I'm just saying.... July 1, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Off with a finger or two.. if caught. Sounds harsh, but I bet he would think twice before stealing again! I agree, not much will happen to him other than a slap on the wrist. Our laws protect the thief, not the victim. So sad.

Hey thief, come to my house, I’ve got a chainsaw waiting for you!

5 anon July 1, 2014 at 9:29 AM

HD, can you center the video? the time stamp covers his face. Can this be enlarged?

6 anon July 1, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Run loser run!

7 Harley July 1, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Move the check out counter to the entrance.

8 Buster July 1, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Mayor, Thank you for posting videos like this. I know first hand that these often result in an arrest. You posted a video from my area and an arrest was made with a pending court date this month.

9 Cartman July 1, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Boil him.

10 No Chicken little July 1, 2014 at 10:21 AM

I can see how this could happen. I went in to look at buying a new HD. After walking around for a half hour no one had said a word to me. Don’t even remember seeing anyone, for that matter. Just walked out. Give low life people an opportunity they will take it. Hire more staff, or considering it a cost of doing business.

11 anon July 1, 2014 at 10:40 AM

this is my favorite game on claycord. we should do this more often, like the daily water cooler. We’ll call it ‘Bust this thieving Lowlife’, or something else.

12 joatmon July 1, 2014 at 10:45 AM

I hate that this happened but unfortunately it is an everyday occurrence everywhere you look. I watched the video several times, I was disappointed with the salesperson that seemed to offer assistance and then not walk the man to the checkout counter so I would suggest perhaps better training. I hope the PD recovered good fingerprints because he was touching other items too. Brazen to be so confident which tells you it’s not his first rodeo :(

13 Teresa July 1, 2014 at 11:02 AM

I can’t see it It’s to small

14 Connie Dobbs July 1, 2014 at 11:05 AM

So sad to see a dentist go wrong. Or an accountant. Those are the only people who ride Harleys now.

15 ConcordMike July 1, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Another camera at eye level at the entrance will be helpful in two ways:
1. It let’s the thieves know they are under surveillance.
2. It will capture a better image as well as height of suspects.

You may consider moving cashier to front of the store too, and locking high priced items in case or locking racks.

16 @ ConcordMike July 1, 2014 at 11:51 AM

“….and locking high priced items in case or locking racks.”

If they did that there would be no merchandise on display. It would all be locked up. Have you looked at the ridiculous prices that are charged for anything that has “Harley Davidson” written on it? The exact same merchandise without the Harley tag is at least 50% cheaper only 200 feet away.

But then the world wouldn’t know how smart you were to buy a Harley.

17 N.C. Biker July 1, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Went to McGuires an hour ago , they have his
name etc. And Connie , speak when you know
what your talking about, whitch if you did, you
would have nothing worthwhile to say.
I also know some bad ass Dentists and accountants.
Haters suck!

18 Paliofax July 1, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Teresa,
Click on the small picture and it will go to full screen.

19 Paliofax July 1, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Theresa
I should have been clearer.
Go to the bottom right side see the brackets on the right of the word youtube? click it- then the picture will go to full screen

20 anonanonagain July 1, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Shoplifters and thieves are pond scum, period. The bottom of the human barrel we call life. If he did indeed steal this to replace a part on his Harley then he is pathetic. He needs to grow a set……

21 Marianne July 1, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Did anyone notice how he faced the camera as if he wanted to be seen? That was odd!

22 Linda July 2, 2014 at 8:39 AM

#12 That is not a sales person. It’s his partner in crime.