NEW INFO! The 4th of July Festival & Fireworks at Mt. Diablo High School in Downtown Concord

June 30, 2014 · 24 comments

4thofjuly

Through the efforts of Tim McGallian with the TSBA Arts Foundation, Claycord.com, Digital AVS technical directors Chuck Wojack and Larry Tang, and multiple members and businesses of the community, we will all be watching fireworks at Mt. Diablo High School in Downtown Concord on the 4th of July.

The 4th of July festival will begin at 4pm with fireworks at 9pm, so get there early. You can show up at 4pm to put a blanket or chairs down and reserve your spot to watch the fireworks.

For event and vendor information please CLICK HERE.

This event is run entirely by volunteers, so if you’d like to help out, please contact Tim McGallian with the Todos Santos Business Association Arts Foundation, Inc. at 925-695-7268 or email him at tim@timmcgallian.com.

1 The Realist June 11, 2014 at 11:59 AM

grats on seemingly getting this thing off the ground

2 AldrigeFamily June 11, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Awesome can’t wait!

3 RanchgirlCA June 11, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Is there an admission charge to attend?

4 CLAYCORD.com June 11, 2014 at 6:05 PM

No charge for admission.

5 Jennifer June 27, 2014 at 12:52 PM

What’s the parking situation like around Mt. Diablo High School? Can we park at the medical center? Suggestions please.

6 Music on the 4th June 27, 2014 at 2:41 PM

I sent the 4th of July committee an email last week asking what time the Fundamentals Band takes the stage. Haven’t received a response. Anyone know?

7 Jennifer June 28, 2014 at 1:26 PM

I was wondering if dogs were allowed on the premises if they are on a leash and cleaned up after?

8 Connie Dobbs June 28, 2014 at 2:59 PM

#9 Are you certain that your dogs are good with crowds and other dogs and fireworks all at the same time? Some dogs aren’t.

9 eyewhen June 28, 2014 at 9:39 PM

@ Connie,

Neither are most people!

10 Tim McGallian June 29, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Just to answer a few questions.

The Fundamentals will go on stage about 7:30pm.

Parking: You can park at either of the parking garages downtown, which is suggested and walk up Galindo St. into the rear entrance to the the event venue. Galindo St. street will be pedestrian friendly and a very short walk. You can also park at the JMMC Parking lot, but please be aware of patient parking and traffic controls in their parking lots.

Dogs: The same rule applies to the this event as it does downtown, there will be no dogs allowed at the Festival and Fireworks. Sorry.

Just a final reminder that the event is at Mt. Diablo High School so please pass it on.

Other event information is at http://www.concordjuly4th.com

If you have any other questions you can also contact me at tim@timmcgallian.com or call me at (925) 695-7268.

Hope you all have a great time at the event.

11 nytemuvr June 30, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Just like when I was a kid growing up in Concord when the fireworks were at MDHS football field…a retro 50s event.

12 gordon June 30, 2014 at 10:36 AM

people leave your pets at home not everyone loves your pets like you

13 Kirkwood June 30, 2014 at 11:57 AM

I remember the fireworks at the high school also. Good family time, room for everybody. Population of Concord was about 32K at that time.

14 nytemuvr June 30, 2014 at 12:16 PM

@Kirkwood #13
6,000 people when my family moved here from OK. The fireworks at MDHS were great as they made my little brother cry and I didn’t cause it or do anything to him to get a lickin’. A quilt, Coleman thermos filled with lemonade or RC cola, sandwiches and fireworks…..great times and good memories in Concord.

15 Killjoy June 30, 2014 at 12:49 PM

I realize of course that school is not in session. However, since this is on school property, and there is NO SMOKING on school grounds, will this rule be upheld?

16 Psycho Cat June 30, 2014 at 4:31 PM

Killjoy, you will kill our joy if you smoke. We don’t want to breathe your second hand smoke. Jennifer, although I imagine you truly would pick up after your pet, not everyone would. But think about it. If your dog pooped on the lawn, and sometimes its soft and messy. Even if you pick it up, it’s not like it all gets washed and clean. So now are one of us supposed to sit on that spot to watch the fireworks? Mmmm nice! Plus, dogs cannot talk. just because you like fireworks doesn’t mean they do. Just because they don’t freak out doesn’t mean they like them.

17 Concord1963 June 30, 2014 at 6:56 PM

My dogs are scaredy cats when it comes to fireworks. So I guess I’ll leave them home.

18 :) June 30, 2014 at 8:34 PM

How big of a firework show will it be? Comparable to DVC? I would love to go but don’t want my kids to be disappointed we didn’t go to DVC!

19 red white and woof June 30, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Congrats to everyone who picked up the ball to provide this event for our community. It sounds like it will be a great event. Great job on getting The Fundamentals to perform too!!!!!

We have two dogs, and plan the day around them on the 4th. It’s a unofficial Love My Dog More Than Myself day. The “kids” are friendlier than most on two legs, but are better off at home. The scene will be too many people, darkness, anxious drivers who only see you walking..not that friend of yours on leash two feet ahead, and pops in the sky make ‘em skittish. We know those Claycord posts of lost dogs are too heartbreaking. Go early, and watch from nearby when the sky’s light up. Smoking in public is similar to the pup who left a present. Not great to be around. Happy 4th, and thanks again to all the volunteers, and masterminds.

We live close to The Park / Concord High where the show will not go on. I will go early to see the band with friends (the band is GREAT!!!!!), and someone will stay home with the little hotties if the weather was anything like today.

20 Marissa June 30, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Sounds fascinating…I will be elsewhere.

21 Marissa June 30, 2014 at 11:32 PM

:-)

22 MDHS80 July 1, 2014 at 2:46 AM

YEAH!! Good for Mt. Diablo for providing this fun filled day!!

Go Mighty Devils!!

23 Cowellian July 1, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Y’all have fun!

I have great memories of 4th of July in Concord, including the free concerts at the Concord Pavilion followed by the fireworks. When the kids were older, we’d climb the hill to the intersection of Ygnacio Valley and Cowell, where we could watch fireworks displays from all over the Bay Area.

24 Phoenyx July 2, 2014 at 2:50 PM

I’ve been out of the loop on things going on in this area (that’s what happens when you spend most of your waking hours working in another town)… does that mean no fireworks at Concord High this year? If so, what prompted the change to MDHS?