Head-On Crash on Willow Pass Rd. at H-4 in Concord – Possible Fatality Reported

June 27, 2014 23:20 pm · 24 comments

A head-on crash on Willow Pass Rd. in Concord at Highway-4 has possibly taken the life of one person, according to the California Highway Patrol.

The CHP is traffic information website is saying one person has possibly died, and another person has been transported to the hospital with major injuries.

The crash involved a Ford Explorer and an unknown color SUV.

Willow Pass Rd. at H-4 has been shut down, it is unknown when it will reopen.

UPDATE, 11:23pm: Concord Police were doing CPR on a baby. It is unknown if the baby passed away.

UPDATE, 11:40pm: At least three people were extricated from the vehicles.

UPDATE, 12:11am: The Willow Pass Rd. offramp on eastbound H-4 has been shut down.

UPDATE, 6am: A baby and a woman were killed in the crash

Please click ON THIS LINK for the full update.

{ 24 comments }

1 Stacie June 27, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Was on Hwy 4 east and there are emergency vehicles all down Willow Pass Rd. Was a crazy site to see. Prayers to all involved.

2 MadMom June 27, 2014 at 11:58 PM

I had a bad feeling listening to all those sirens. Prayers for all involved.

3 Francie June 27, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Lord I lift all involved up in prayer and in your name. Amen

4 Sharee June 28, 2014 at 12:11 AM

I live right down the street, seen all those police cars racing towards the scene. My mom & brother-in-law just avoided the collision by a few minutes. I hate driving that road home, especially at night. Sending prayers out, & I pray that baby survive.

5 Vanessa June 28, 2014 at 12:13 AM

I saw the road closed off on my way home. I pray for all the people involved and their families in the lord’s name. Amen.

6 Kaley June 28, 2014 at 12:40 AM

Praying for all involved in the accident, hearing all those sirens is heartbreaking. I take this road home everyday just about and it is so dangerous especially at night when you add speed, bright headlights blinding you and the fact that it’s a two lane road.

7 RANDOM TASK June 28, 2014 at 12:59 AM

I would think a center median for a heck of a lot less than 76 million would serve better on that road ..than a net on a bridge …..just saying ………my prayers go out for those involved ………………

8 Coggins Square June 28, 2014 at 1:19 AM

This is so terrible!! Major car crashes like this scare me more than Islamic terrorism.

9 anon666 June 28, 2014 at 1:34 AM

Praying does nothing except make you feel better about yourself.

10 joao lopes June 28, 2014 at 1:47 AM

I drive a gasoline tanker and the accident just happened when I turned on willow pass on my way to alberta way to make a delivery cannot move for 2 1/2 hours.

11 GERI June 28, 2014 at 2:23 AM

I just heard all those SIRENS out my window!! My Thoughts & Prayers go out to all involved!!

12 AV June 28, 2014 at 4:54 AM

Baby and mom died. So sad.

13 bebe June 28, 2014 at 6:15 AM

ive always hated that two way lane highway scary @ night prayers for evry1 that was involved especially lil baby what they need to do is widen that highway & put lights !!

14 Queen of Oz June 28, 2014 at 7:21 AM

Police confirmed the baby girl did not make it. A woman died at the scene but not sure she was her mother. A total of 5 people had to be extracated from the vehicles. This is so sad. Something. MUST be done to improve the safety of this road!!! How many more lives need to be taken before city officials wake the eff up? Instead of spending $60,000 on fencing around the Masonic home, they could have put a cement barrier along the highway like Highway 37. This is ridiculous.

15 Jimstrixie June 28, 2014 at 7:47 AM

I feel so horrible for all involved and for the families of the woman & baby that died. As of Saturday morning, I don’t know if anyone else has died. It’s a sad sad thing that has happened. My heart & prayers go out to all of you:’-(

16 Chester E. Kitty June 28, 2014 at 8:01 AM

I drive this road at least two times every day of the week and have for the past 20 years – like many of you! Thankfully I have never seen a crash like this – they are few and far between. My prayers are with everyone involved.

17 lights and sirens June 28, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Why doesn’t the city widen that overly used dangerous road!?! There’s nothing but land out there anyways.. oh wait it like protected government land or some bs right.. ? Sad the city should care more about safe driving conditions for its citizens!

18 Francie June 28, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Random task, I was just saying the same thing to my husband this morning. So true!

19 vicky June 28, 2014 at 8:58 AM

@annon666 prayer does more than make one fill better about their self you need Jesus in your life then you will see

20 Semper Fi June 28, 2014 at 9:02 AM

I’m so sorry for them and their family. Brings back awful memories for our family. September 1989 same location but below the bridge going towards Concord. Curve in road Daughter Niece and friend was hit head on. Car coming on wrong side of road. Lots of Surgeries, Healing and heartbreak we lost our first granddaughter in that crash. They did widen that curve but still such a deadly road. Will be praying for them

21 Marianne June 28, 2014 at 10:17 AM

This is just sad, praying for the rest and condolences to the families involved.

22 Anon June 28, 2014 at 2:59 PM

CBM

23 student June 28, 2014 at 11:56 PM

How many of you have seen the memorial for Dave? Every time I drive that road I see it. I always think to myself, dang Dave, they sure do love you. I guess there will be two more memorials going up soon. If there was a memorial for every person who ever died on that road, I bet none of us would drive it anymore.

24 Ricky July 2, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Man I know the guy involved, friendliest ,happiest, most hospitable guy ever. Met him through my uncle. It’s so sad that the lives of his baby girl and wife, were taken in vain. It hurts just thinking about the pain and grief he’s going through right now. My condolences to everybody involved. Rest in Peace to the angels who were lost that night.