BevMo Pulls Plans to Open Store on Concord Ave. & Meridian Park Blvd.

June 27, 2014 8:00 am · 22 comments

project site

BevMo, which is headquartered in Concord, has pulled plans to be the anchor tenant in a soon-to-be remodeled shopping center on Concord Ave. & Meridian Park Blvd. in Concord.

BevMo was planning on demolishing the old Peppermill building (most recently it was Tachi Sushi) on the corner on Concord Ave. & Meridian Park.

Plans are still in place to remodel the shopping center, although a new anchor tenant has not been named.

If plans are approved, the new anchor building will be around 8,500 square-feet, and another smaller building next to the anchor will be around 6,000 square feet.

We’ll keep you updated and let you know when more information is available.

{ 22 comments }

1 BagsFlyFree June 27, 2014 at 8:51 AM

Wasnt a fan of Bevmo in this space.. A mid-scale diner/bar (like the Peppermill) worked for years here because it had entertainment value (decor, theme, good drinks, the firepit, flattering uniforms, and average + food).. I hope this property management company has reached out to expanding franchises like the Yardhouse and Joes Crabshack looking to expand their business in the bay area. LazyDog seems to be a good barometer with how Concord supports these larger new chains..

BFF Out!

2 Buster June 27, 2014 at 8:53 AM

Doughnut shop?

3 Evie Cunningham June 27, 2014 at 9:00 AM

I am disappointed that BevMo has changed their plans, and would be far more so if the City of Concord made it too unfriendly for BevMo to proceed with opening a store here. Any answers why??

4 Concord Grape June 27, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Olive Garden?

5 Winston June 27, 2014 at 9:10 AM

I like this location for a BevMo, it’s right next to Trader Joe’s and means I won’t have to go to Pleasant Hill to get obscure booze. I think that stuff like Lazy Dog would likely do better closer to Willow Pass. However more than BevMo or another Lazy Dog like restaurant, I want to see a Whole Foods or similar somewhere in town.

6 girl w/ dogs June 27, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Bonefish Grill or Yardhouse would be great

7 Winston June 27, 2014 at 9:11 AM

That last comment should have contained wouldn’t instead won’t.

8 Dr. Jellyfinger® June 27, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Bonefish Grill……. I went to one of those when I was in North Ridge last year. I didn’t go in tho, the sign said “Full Bar” so I went looking for a quieter place where I could find a seat.

9 Mamatosix June 27, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Whole Foods please.

10 WC June 27, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Build a DMV for illegals.

11 Silva June 27, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Good.

12 Blink June 27, 2014 at 4:12 PM

I’d go for Sprouts more budget friendly and great stuff

13 I know... June 27, 2014 at 4:39 PM

…A Spandex Emporium, 24hr Wicker Store or a new Spatula City!

Either that or another Sporting Goods store.

14 I buy my wine at Treder Joe's.... June 27, 2014 at 7:10 PM

and pour it into Bottles I buy at BevMo…..

15 The Realist June 27, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Where are all the NIMBYs and Mrs Reverend lovejoys to protect the children and keep the clear menance from penetrating our quiet neighborhoods!!

16 Rex Ruther June 27, 2014 at 10:27 PM

City Wok! U try the city shrimp?

17 Chad June 28, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Bev Mo carries the finer wine and spirits, I guess they figured the demographic in concord wouldn’t bring in any reasonable business (they don’t carry olde english). Please don’t invade our WC Bev Mo, we’re the only one in the area with it’s own island filled with luxurious cheese.

18 JRConcord June 28, 2014 at 7:06 AM

I vote for a corn snake stripper hut with an outdoor smokehouse Iguana bar-b-q .

19 Donna Summersault June 28, 2014 at 8:26 AM

That’s too bad. That BevMo could have served all the homeless encampments that are flourishing in that area. Not to mention all the low end golfing guys who hit that broke down driving range. Seems like they made a mistake here.

20 RanchgirlCA June 28, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Too bad. I was looking forward to them opening there. Much more convenient that driving to the one on Main St. and the parking lot there is a pain to get out of. Less of my money for BevMo, bummer.

21 Cowellian June 28, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Chad@17,
I guess you’re not aware that BevMo is a Concord company.

22 Rollo Tomasi June 28, 2014 at 8:56 PM

@Cowellian:

Don’t confuse them with facts.