Concord Home Destroyed During Two-Alarm Fire on Detroit Ave.

June 22, 2014 7:00 am · 15 comments

Firefighters have extinguished a two-alarm fire in Concord this morning that destroyed a home and displaced several neighboring residents, Contra Costa County Fire Protection District officials said.

The blaze broke out at a single-family home on Detroit Avenue around 6 a.m., according to fire personnel.

Crews had the fire under control around 7 a.m. Fire Marshal Robert Marshall said no residents of the home gutted in the fire were at home this morning, and no injuries were reported.

The blaze also damaged neighboring homes, displacing at least four people, Marshall said.

The American Red Cross was called to the scene to provide housing assistance for the displaced residents.

The home where the fire started is considered a total loss, the fire marshal said.

Fire investigators have not determined what caused the fire.

Thanks to the Claycordians listed above for sending the pictures!

1 Marissa June 22, 2014 at 8:56 AM

This is really sad to see. I hope they can rebuild. :-(

2 NoMoreFreeRide June 22, 2014 at 9:00 AM

Single Family Home is a relative term on Detroit Ave.

3 Looks like... June 22, 2014 at 9:32 AM

Princess Park. Those are really nice townhomes. Glad that the family is safe but sorry about their loss. I’m sure they are hard working and this was biggest investment they have.

4 Awful June 22, 2014 at 9:59 AM

These are good, hard working people and nobody deserves this. What a nightmare. Insinuating anything other than that is straight up ignorant and asinine.

5 Pat June 22, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Its definitely Princess Park. I used to live there and it a great little townhouse community. I hope everyone will be ok

6 Brianna June 22, 2014 at 12:50 PM

This is my neighbors house, my roommate said they made the whole complex evacuate. Glad it wasn’t my place, I was out camping for the weekend! Hope the residents are okay, so sad seeing a house fire and knowing they lost valuables :(

7 Sheila June 22, 2014 at 3:09 PM

Omg this was so scary! I was who called the police & knocked on the neighbors doors. I was on my way to work. I’m glad everyone is ok & that I got there on time because that fire was spreading fast. I have pictures and a video if I’m able to I will post them later.

8 Zohreh June 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM

This was our home, we discovered it after house sitting for my Aunt. We are safe and thankful no one was hurt. We did lost everything… Thank you for your thoughts…

9 Rosario Roverso June 22, 2014 at 10:47 PM

I am glad the family is safe, Sorry about the lost. I hope there were not pets in the house. Zohreh you are always in my prayers.

10 Zohreh June 23, 2014 at 6:44 AM

Thank you Rosario.

11 @Zohreh June 23, 2014 at 11:10 AM

I am so sorry to read about your home, and glad that you were all not hurt. I am praying that God will work things out well for you.

12 Mimi (original) June 23, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Having a house fire is very traumatic. Surviving one is a blessing. Thank goodness no one was hurt. My prayers are with you.

13 Kyle June 23, 2014 at 10:10 PM

If anybody wants to help the poor couple who lost their home and everything in it, you can do so by clicking here: http://www.youcaring.com/help-a-neighbor/mitch-and-zohreh-rebuild-fund/194602

14 Zohreh June 24, 2014 at 4:13 PM

15 Frank A July 1, 2014 at 1:28 AM

Poor couple? They are not even married.
People need to donate to the Red Cross to cover many other poor couples who have children and families to support. I am shocked they would take money from innocent bystanders. Will they collect insurance and all these profits? Greed is very evil!