Low-Lifes Caught on Camera Stealing Sentimental Bench from Concord Family

June 21, 2014 12:00 pm · 43 comments

Some low-lifes were caught on camera stealing a bench from a Concord home on Friday night.

The suspects were captured on video around 10:30pm on New Hampshire Dr. in Concord, which is off Pine Hollow Rd.

The victim says “This bench was something we painted together and enjoy as family. It had no monetary value. In the video three people are seen carrying the bench by hand, which means it could be a neighbor. They opened our new gate and came into our yard and took it from my front door step. I’m ashamed of my neighbors. If you stole this, please put it back tonight no questions asked. It’s an old bench painted a dark red with hearts carved into the wood on the back. (see picture below)”

bench

If you have any tips, email news@claycord.com and we’ll get you in contact with the owners of the stolen bench.

1 TinFoiler June 21, 2014 at 12:04 PM

What TRASH these lower than animals (no offense to animals) are.

2 CrayZ June 21, 2014 at 12:04 PM

not to be mean but who would want to steal that anyways? it’s not like it was made of gold. sheesh, people are getting desperate.

3 Incognito June 21, 2014 at 12:13 PM

“Low life” is putting it mildly.

4 Lendeelee June 21, 2014 at 12:36 PM

I am upset. That anyone would take this. It’s not much but it was our family project. Please share.. Keep a look out. Thank you.

5 Antler June 21, 2014 at 12:51 PM

In the meantime, go to the Solano flea market, cruise the neighborhood for garage sales….. in fact, try garage sales anywhere in this area, attend fund-raiser sales for groups, and also check the usual online sales resources.

Their truck could have been parked outside camera range. So it wasn’t necessarily neighbors.

You must have had fun crafting the bench project together. Good luck getting it back again!

6 lights and sirens June 21, 2014 at 12:59 PM

That is the saddest thing I’ve ever seen. Who does this? Makes me disgusted in our human race!

7 MadMom June 21, 2014 at 1:05 PM

I totally sympathise with this situation. Several years ago someone stole the white bench that I inherited when my parents passed away. Still have that empty feeling when I think about it :(

8 silva June 21, 2014 at 1:08 PM

#1, It’s so unfair that we disparage other animals, when we’re the worst one.

I sure hope you get your bench back. It really looks pretty cute. If not, maybe you could all get involved making a replica.

Unbelievable that we practically have to bolt everything down now.

9 Michelle June 21, 2014 at 1:37 PM

This is such a sad thing to hear, that we humans can stoop so low.

10 anonanonagain June 21, 2014 at 1:40 PM

People keep sinking lower and lower into the festering pool of scum. The thing is people will justify their despicable actions with pathetic justifications for their depravity. Whoever did this, even if you drive a fancy car or shop at Nordstroms, you are the bottom of the **** pile and you know it……

11 So Sad... June 21, 2014 at 1:43 PM

So sorry for you that you live in a neighborhood where two lowlifes look at each other, and say, “hey, let’s go steal our neighbor’s bench.” I sincerely hope you get your bench back…

12 Anon June 21, 2014 at 1:48 PM

Bummer. It’s not just one person but three people you have to worry about in your area ripping you off.

13 CoCoOld June 21, 2014 at 2:42 PM

I’ve never heard of professional thieves wearing white shorts! I wonder if it could be some high school kids pulling some idiotic prank. Or maybe it really was neighbors, ick.

So sorry for your loss. Love the color! Hope you get it back.

14 Marianne June 21, 2014 at 2:52 PM

It seems that those old ladies needed decor in their yard. lol

15 Atticus Thraxx June 21, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Sounds like the kind of crime a methamphetamine enthusiast might commit.

16 Elwood June 21, 2014 at 4:34 PM

What kind of moron goes into your backyard to steal something like that?

World’s stupidest thieves?

17 Who would steal that? June 21, 2014 at 4:36 PM

I mean, no offense to the victim, but who would steal a wooden bench? Let alone talk two other people into committing the crime? I seriously doubt these are meth heads. They steal stuff of immediate value that can be flipped quickly. Typically items that are easy to take as well, unless we’re talking valuable metals (which a wooden bench is not).

I think this is someone you know. Either a neighbor or a friend. Maybe it’s a prank? Maybe someone is refurbishing it for you as a surprise? Maybe you pissed a neighbor off?

18 Basel June 21, 2014 at 4:51 PM

Well, these days, if it’s not nailed down or chained, it’s going to walk. I had a nice commerical hose with vintage brass fittings hanging from the front yard hose bib – stolen.

19 nytemuvr June 21, 2014 at 5:00 PM

@Atticus Thraxx #15
“a methamphetamine enthusiast”……good one, a level I’ve never heard. I take it that’s about the middle range or a weekend (sometimes though the week) warrior.

20 emily June 21, 2014 at 5:33 PM

This sounds more like a prank that kids would do. Do you have teenagers who might have friends who might do this just for the fun of it?

21 anonymous June 21, 2014 at 6:16 PM

#18,

As I’ve recently discovered, brass is full of lead so let’s hope they have drunk deeply and will continue to do so.

22 joe citizen June 21, 2014 at 6:17 PM

Got a gardener?Maybe he needed it for one of 20 people living at his house.

23 ddt June 21, 2014 at 6:23 PM

maybe it was chip foose and its going to bench overhaulin

24 Julio June 21, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Just on this blog the other day people were talking about how low the “States” area of Concord had fallen. Seems it may be true.

25 Miranda June 21, 2014 at 7:41 PM

It’s something that I would take and pound into my own. But since I am not a woodsmith, what am I to do. I hope these thieves are caught and made accountable for their actions.

26 Yhe Phantom June 21, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Looks like three women to me.

I bet one of them walks her dog right by the house.

Nice people…otherwise.

27 CrayCray! June 21, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Pleople steal anything! They see it and want it. There is no respect for neighbors or how hard someone works for it. Last month two low lives stole a small orange cone we use to cover our sump pump hole at 12:30am. They drove past in a silver mustang, sat at the stop sign for a minute. Then they backed-up the car and the passenger got out, grabbed it and got back in and left. Caught the entire incident on our cameras!
Really it was $4 at Home Depot and had a huge hole for the hose to run through! Sorry about your bench. Hope they bring it back! If not I would put signs around your neighborhood. It’s probably sitting in someone’s backyard!

28 anon June 21, 2014 at 9:58 PM

There’s a whole lot of crime going on in that area off Pine Hollow. Maybe the neighborhood can get something together to set these creeps up.

I’ll start…..
Put something with metal out in the open. Put your scary, well trained dog hidden somewhere.
No, wait this is better. Attach a really, really loud alarm to it so that when it is touched it goes off.

29 anon June 21, 2014 at 10:05 PM

need a much better camera

30 Benito June 21, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Tres Hermanas Muertos! Ghosts of the three sisters killed by bandits while waiting for the stagecoach, sitting on a bench at the stop alongside the Pine Hollow cutoff back in 1857. Call Zak Bagans!

31 Gus June 22, 2014 at 12:01 PM

It’s funny someone said women, I saw three women in a black dodge Durango cruising 5mph through my neighborhood last week, looked like they were “shopping.”

I got the licenses plate if your neighbors recall seeing a black Durango, three Hispanic women.

32 wow June 22, 2014 at 12:02 PM

I feel bad for the good people who have to live among these criminals…
Some people just refuse to grow up. I’m sure they got nothing to lose. I would be so embarrassed to be the son/daughter of the thieves. :(

33 Let us Hope and Pray June 22, 2014 at 2:06 PM

that the thief doesn’t sit on a rusty nail, and contract a horribly painful bowel infection, dying in a putrid puddle of their own death bile and feces…

34 dilligafman June 22, 2014 at 2:13 PM

I got a door to door rep for a abuse & rehab program stealing off my porch on video. I contacted the regional director, sent the video to him and to P.D. Issue was resolved and I was reimbursed for items. Idiots are out there and KARMA will get them!

35 The victim June 22, 2014 at 4:32 PM

We know who took it now and I will be contacting the police.

Turns out it is a neighbor.

36 @The victim June 22, 2014 at 5:13 PM

How did you find it? Did you just look around the neighborhood until you spotted it? Please keep us updated on this story.

37 furian June 22, 2014 at 5:15 PM

Sad.

38 @ The Victim June 22, 2014 at 7:00 PM

So glad you found it! Can you tell us more about the neighbor that stole it, such an odd story…age, sex, class of loserdom (meth addict, gardening whack job, teenagers???)

39 What security June 22, 2014 at 7:44 PM

bolt it to the ground, or chain it, get light sensors.
A neighbor wow how awkward is that going to be now?
what a piece of

40 Mimi (original) June 23, 2014 at 12:14 PM

@the Victim – how sad that it was a neighbor!! Glad you found out who it was though and you get your bench back. People are TERRIBLE!! Hope your neighbor is very embarrassed and reforms him(her)self!

41 Gus June 23, 2014 at 7:16 PM

Wow, I thought my neighbors were zzzholes.

Cue the thieving family to comment, “it’s not what you think, when the whole story comes out you’ll see.”

Vomit . . .

42 sue June 23, 2014 at 10:09 PM

I hope it is returned to you. sorry some peopel
now days just have no respect for other peopels property

43 LendeeleeLIES June 28, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Lowlifes stealing sentimental bench from concord family is the perfect title for this. However, the truth is that the woman who posted this article is actually the one who originally stole the bench. The woman who legitimately owns the bench received this as a gift from her father two months before he passed away. Lendee then stole the bench out of the front yard and painted the bench with her kids. After the original owner stole the bench back, Lendee went crazy and acted like a saint and posted all of this. The cops have since been involved and Lendee has admitted to initially stealing the bench and has apologized. This whole thing is ridiculous. Who steals a bench from their neighbor?