Victim Pistol-Whipped During Armed Robbery in Pleasant Hill on Friday

June 20, 2014 · 25 comments

phpd

A victim was pistol-whipped during an armed robbery in the 300 block of Golf Club Rd. in the City of Pleasant Hill on Friday afternoon just after 4pm.

The following information on the robbery is from the Pleasant Hill Police Dept.:

LOSS/DESCRIPTION/VALUE: Wallet (recovered), cell phone

INJURIES: Complaint of pain (side of head)

SUSPECT (S): Suspect #1 – Black or Middle Eastern male adult, early 20’s, thin build, short dark hair. Suspect #2 – Hispanic male adult, early 20’s, average build. No further description.

VEHICLE (S): Suspect vehicle – small electric blue hatchback (unknown license plate)

BRIEF STATEMENT OF INCIDENT: On the above date and time, unknown suspects approached the victim while he arrived home in his vehicle. Suspect #1 displayed a firearm, pistol whipped the victim and demanded the victim’s car keys, wallet and cell phone. The property was given to the suspect.

As Suspect #1 was entering the victim’s car, the victim fled and called the police. The suspects fled the area in another vehicle, leaving the victim’s car behind. The victim’s wallet was later recovered in the area of Paso Nogal Road and Morello.

The suspects and suspect vehicle are still outstanding.

Anyone with information related to this incident is asked to call the PHPD Investigations Bureau at 925-288-4630.

1 Valorie June 20, 2014 at 7:33 PM

The robbery victim better go get checked!

2 Wal nut Creek Resident June 20, 2014 at 7:36 PM

I sure hope the criminals will get caught!! They are dangeroous. I am sorry they hurt the victim and hope he will recover soon.

3 so where are all the haters June 20, 2014 at 8:01 PM

saying this area is ghetto?

4 CCW June 20, 2014 at 8:26 PM

But wait! Aren’t there laws against that?

5 Pleasant Hill June 20, 2014 at 8:48 PM

I’m so tired of these strong-armed robberies by kids 20 and under. Parents?????

6 It has to stop June 20, 2014 at 8:53 PM

So sorry this happened to you!
I hope they get caught very soon!!!
I am so upset after reading of three of these last week in the Bay Area…now here in PH.
What in the hell is going on with people…such evil.
Just wicked evilness.

7 bunny June 20, 2014 at 9:01 PM

I guess those of us in Concord aren’t alone. My condolences to the victim. In my prayers , now. Very glad you weren’t hurt worse. I’m sure it was more than bad enough.Please, be careful, the fools are everywhere. Take care now.

8 Random Task June 20, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Not to worry the dems and bleeding hearts will rehabilitate them back into society ……..have fun

9 Smart,Goodlooking&Debonaire June 21, 2014 at 1:04 AM

I hope this doesnt prevent us from embracing our Section 8 community and the rich diversity they bring us!

10 Roid Rage June 21, 2014 at 7:15 AM

Random Task…..so true….and if they are illegals free health care, food stamps, housing GA and fast track to citizenship = 1 new democrat voter

11 I'm the hater you are waiting for June 21, 2014 at 7:31 AM

I hate being a victim. The only person who can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. Period.

If you’re a Democrat, isn’t it time to rethink your position? Your party has taken my right to defend myself away from me right here in Pleasant Hill. Now more than ever, when I come home from work I have to look over my shoulder and hope that nobody is going to ambush me.

Think about it. If it was generally known that the chief of police in Pleasant Hill issued permits to carry, I guarantee this crap would end. If you don’t believe me, do your own research and check out other communities, counties and states that are “shall issue” which has resulted in a reduction in violent crime. It’s common sense… Criminals don’t want to take unnecessary risk, so they look for unarmed people. In our case that means everyone coming home from work in Pleasant Hill. (But it will never happen to me right? Sure.)

The chief has the power to issue CCW’s. (The sheriff only issues after your local chief denies your app.) So, after the chief makes national news, everyone would know not to come to Pleasant Hill to strong arm us. They would go to Concord.

Then, Mayor Flaherty and Harris and Durrant with the support of California’s Atty. Gen. Kamala Harris, the liberals in Pleasant Hill and a couple of national anti-gun groups would do everything in their power to fire the chief. That’s the way it works folks.

I feel sorry for Democrats and the people who think like them. You’ve taken my rights away from me because of your inability to think logically. You just can’t get it. I should hate you but I don’t, I just feel sorry for you.

(The next piece of legislation crafted by liberals bouncing around in Sacramento will require a license to purchase ammunition. Do you think that would’ve stopped these guys? I guess you do because every liberal in Sacramento is salivating at the opportunity to sign this stupid bill.)

The real travesty is that your “compassion” costs us, the law-abiding innocent Pleasant Hill resident, our neighborhoods, our security and even our economy, and it’s tragic.

I pray that one day it doesn’t cost us our country.

So I blame you directly for the poor guy who got pistol whipped and is nursing his wound today. I hate it for him and I hate to be a victim.

Yours truly,

Hater in Pleasant Hill

12 ..... June 21, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Let’s pass another law!!!

13 Anonomous June 21, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Sorry but it’s time to bring back death chamber’s. Work for food in jail no more free rides. No sympathy for lowlifes. Look at all the hype about the handsome felon sorry lady’s your sick he’s got 11 felonies. Steal get caught loose your hand. It’s not my problem if it hurts your feelings you should think about changing yourselves……

14 Cautiously Informed June 21, 2014 at 8:37 AM

@#10 You are right.

Not to take anything away from cops, but when seconds counts, the cops might be able to be there in minutes. They just can’t be everywhere all the time. Regarding protecting yourself from criminal predators, most who are against people arming themselves are afraid of guns because they probably have never handled, shot or learned anything about them, other than what they hear or read from the grossly slanted and inaccurate media.

15 ANNON June 21, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Good write up…I’m the hater you are waiting for!
If we continue to stand back this stuff will continue to happen!

16 Marcus Bronfeld June 21, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Small towns are not immune to violent crime. Let’s be mindful of our surroundings and arm ourselves with pepper spray or personal defense Taser !!!

17 Hater #10 June 21, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Somehow I have the feeling the only rights you care about being taken away are gun rights. How do you feel about women’s right to choose? How about Gays being allowed to marry?

2nd Amendment advocates only care about the 2nd Amendment. I doubt you could even name three more amendments and what they stand for without looking them up.

Stop blaming liberals for hating on guns. Some of us conservatives have family members who have been the victim of gun violence and we don’t want to see people toting their guns around town killing would be robbers over a wallet and iphone.

18 Norman Vanhole June 21, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Quotes from Supporters of Ken Carlson elected Pleasant Hill City Council 2012, “Police Officer (Concord) Ken Carlson will help us prosecute criminals so Pleasnt Hill neighborshoods remain safe”. District Attorney Mark Peterson, “In a 911 emergency, we need leaders like Ken Carlson who gives us the support we need to reach you quickly” Firefighter Leslie Grundler. “Officer Ken Carlson is intelligent and hardworking. He will make sound decisions for Pleasant Hill residents”, Sheriff David Livingston”. A Message from the Pleasant Hill Police Officer’s Association, “We need City leaders who will make public safety a top priority”. More to come later.

19 Smart,Goodlooking&Debonaire June 21, 2014 at 11:12 AM

diversity is our strength!

20 Cautiously Informed June 21, 2014 at 11:13 AM

Isn’t it interesting how some people think its wrong to protect and preserve your own life when confronted by a criminal who might rob and kill you?

21 Carol Jean June 21, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Even if caught, pumishmemt should, but does not, fit the crime, and even if they do get incarcerated for any lenght of time (doubtful), it’s like a stay in cheap hotel, with food, exercise equipment, TV. Health & dental care. Committing crime seems a good way to get your needs met.

22 Smart,Goodlooking&Debonaire June 21, 2014 at 1:22 PM

more importantly, was anyone offended during the commission of this crime? that is what the libs want to know.

23 Marianne June 21, 2014 at 2:54 PM

It’s lower than life to start battles within; so sorry this happened.

24 I'm the hater you are waiting for June 21, 2014 at 8:43 PM

Classic liberal deflection. The topic here is violence in Pleasant Hill. Maybe if you had a substantive argument I wouldn’t feel sorry for you.

And for the record, I’m certain that I believe in the Constitution in a much more meaningful way and you ever will.

25 Micah Lomack June 23, 2014 at 10:12 PM

I live on Paso Nogal. The cops were camped out on Paso Nogal for days and we couldn’t figure out what was going on. I hope they caught those suckers.