Mail Carrier Injured After Dog Attack in Concord

June 19, 2014 8:00 am · 107 comments

A mail carrier was injured after a dog bit him on the hand on Rockne Dr., just off Oak Grove Rd. in Concord.

The attack occurred on Wednesday afternoon.

The victim received non-life-threatening injuries, and went to the hospital for treatment.

The dog, a pitbull-mix, was captured a short time after the attack. It is unknown at this time if the owners of the dog were located.

1 RD June 20, 2014 at 2:41 PM

@Marissa June 19, 2014 at 11:08 AM
“I like my dogs, when they bite the mail men I give them steak”

I can’t believe you would say such a hateful thing. You should be very careful not to let your animal bite the letter carrier or anyone else for that matter.

I hope that the letter carrier is okay.

2 Monkey June 20, 2014 at 3:39 PM

@meevee # 90. You should learn something about dog breeds. Chihuahuas were not bred for guarding or protecting, but as a food source. Pit bulls, Great Danes, Rottweilers were all bred for guarding .

3 Level-headed June 20, 2014 at 3:51 PM

So I googled “true stories of pit bulls saving human lives”…What do you think I found? In 2013 in the city of Chicago, alone, 7 extremely heart- warming stories, with pictures of the dogs, recuperating from their heroic deeds. One took several stab wounds for its owner. One saved an entire family and 5 other dogs from a burning home including a deaf one whom he pulled through the smoke and flames to firefighters by the scruff of his neck. One alerted its owner to a 98 year old Alzheimer patient who had fallen out of his wheel chair and was near freezing outside. One found an infant who was etc. etc.
That is only one city, one year, one google search. Try to remember there are 2 sides to every coin people. Phantom: I find your arguments are usually more even handed. It is not fair minded to point out only the lives which have been lost due to pit bulls if you do not mention the lives saved by pit bulls also.
Maybe we should treat pit bulls a little bit like a loaded gun. I don’t mean that negatively. But we have to be realistic. If you do not have the proper training to safely interact and train a pit bull, you should not have the right to own one. No body should EVER leave a child unattended with a loaded gun or a pit bull.
We do not, as a species, have the right to eliminate another species for any reason. Where are all of the religious zealots who claim to be right to lifers? Or does that only apply to when its convenient and familiar enough to be a human life?

4 To MeeVee June 20, 2014 at 4:09 PM

If you have such keen insight into why all dogs (pit bulls included) are so protective. And if you are so much smarter than everybody else on Claycord, and if you are such an expert on the history of dogs.. why in the world would you not restrain your naturally protective dog to ensure a member of the public ( a civil servant bringing your mail no less) could not be injured? I find you, the dog’s owner, to be at fault and exhibiting extreme negligence considering you are so educated about the matter yet you took no absolutely action to protect the unsuspecting public. The proof is in the pudding.

5 Wait, Elwood... June 20, 2014 at 4:28 PM

I just got that… pistols loaded with shot gun shells? Really?
Ok,,, I get it. That’s funny. But I still don’t get it all of the way. I thought you were a gun advocate?

6 BossHogg June 20, 2014 at 4:52 PM

ill run over a pit bull with my dually and take great pride in it

7 kax June 20, 2014 at 5:08 PM

bosshogg…..if you run over my pit bull you won’t be taking great pride in it…..