The Water Cooler – In School or Out of School?

June 12, 2014 · 24 comments

The “Water Cooler” is a feature on Claycord.com where we ask you a question or provide a topic, and you talk about it!

The “Water Cooler” will be up Monday-Friday at noon!

Today’s question:

What do you like better, when your kids are in school or when you kids are out of school for the summer?

Talk about it!

1 DrDuran June 12, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Kids? :-P

2 Noj June 12, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Out of school. Notice how the morning traffic drops off.

3 Tom June 12, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Our kids are grown, and I’m taking a little time off work myself.

Unless we were traveling……..

4 Good Question! June 12, 2014 at 12:28 PM

I think we all have that moment when it seems the grass is always greener. Summer comes and you don’t have to get up early, or make lunches, but then they are home…all the time!

When school comes around, we are so happy to have structure back in our day, but after a while we get tired of getting up early and making lunches again!

5 Concordejet June 12, 2014 at 12:35 PM

summer school the only way to keep them from being boring at home.

6 hello June 12, 2014 at 12:44 PM

out of school, then I get to check out all the hot scantily-clad ELEVENTEEN-yearolds.

7 anonanonagain June 12, 2014 at 1:00 PM

I like the fact that when my son is in school he is keeping his mind busy and his body active 5 days a week. When he is out for summer, I have to make sure he gets outside and keeps busy instead of on the computer or watching TV as kids tend to want to do. I do like taking him on short trips to the coast or camping. I get less done but it is time worth spent with my child, that I’ll forever cherish……

8 CrayZ June 12, 2014 at 1:00 PM

i don’t have kids but i like when they’re in school so its not crowded every where i go >:P (movies, parks, mall, etc..) lol

9 CereBellum June 12, 2014 at 1:30 PM

For sure IN school. It’s hard trying to keep tabs on what their doing, or complaining that there is nothing to do. Can’t win I guess.

10 Thinking back..... June 12, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Mine are grown now, but I remember being happy when school got out because we could sleep in and I was usually ready to give up my volunteer jobs in the classroom. I spent a lot of volunteer time in the classroom. Plus I was tired of overseeing homework every afternoon. I was always home after school and I’m good at math, so I’d end up helping my kid’s friends with their homework all the way into high school.

On the other hand, I remember being very happy when school started again in the fall because it meant FREEDOM for me! I had the house to myself!

11 Idiocracy June 12, 2014 at 2:04 PM

Great here comes the Vandalism months

12 Mimi (original) June 12, 2014 at 3:05 PM

I prefer to have the kids MOVE OUT!! LOLOL!!

13 well... June 12, 2014 at 3:37 PM

I agree with CrayZ #8.

14 Anon June 12, 2014 at 4:37 PM

I really like my kids and they don’t whine. I love having them home for the summer. I’m not the kind of mom that counts the days for them to go back to school. I count the days to end of school year so they can let go of the stress of a schedule and school for 10 weeks. I also like the long holiday breaks. We have good family time. Just as important as school. Well rounded is better.

15 Cuppa Coffee June 12, 2014 at 5:16 PM

We all liked to travel together in the summer

16 Concordejet June 12, 2014 at 5:51 PM

Mimi

if you want your kids to move out? where are they going to go? to Beverly Hill? lol

17 Nice June 12, 2014 at 7:47 PM

#15, you are so cool.

18 Nice June 12, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Whoops! Meant to say #5.

19 Cracky McGee June 12, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Love it when they are OUT of school! We enjoy every moment with our kids and live for all the adventure, outdoor play, sleeping in and family time that the summer brings us! Never been the type of parents who wish their children away …

20 Anonymous June 12, 2014 at 9:51 PM

In school

21 The Mamba June 13, 2014 at 6:50 AM

Started locking my car all the time again!

22 BusyfortheSummer June 13, 2014 at 8:20 AM

I don’t have kids, but I like it when they are IN school. School keeps most off the streets and out of trouble. When they are out of school,they have opportunities to get into trouble and there are way too many of them just sitting around in front of grocery stories or just hanging out not doing anything. When I was 12 I started with the babysitting jobs, or through people I knew stuffing envelopes, reviewing customers for a business man we used to know and as I got older I got jobs from the high school job boards, plus the babysitting thing or just by applying in many places to find summer work. Kids these days have an aversion to work of any kind. It’s too bad..

23 Maya Piñon June 13, 2014 at 5:38 PM

Really busyforthesummer#22?? It’s not easy for kids to find jobs these days. They are competing against 40 year olds who work at Taco Bell, Burger King, etc. plus dealing with the flood of immigrants who come to the US and are happy working forever at these places on minimum wage. I believe there are young people out there with no work ethic, however in the industry I work in there are plenty of over 25 year olds who are perfectly happy living off unemployment so they have no work ethic, either. I liked when my kids were off in the summer, however, as they grew older I preferred them in school as I went back to work full time and couldn’t drive them around to activities and it seems their summers were less exciting.

24 Monkey June 13, 2014 at 7:28 PM

In school!!! There’s no reason for them to be off for 11 weeks!!!makes for laziness