Pat Middendorf Named Clayton Valley Charter High School’s 2013-2014 Staff Member of the Year

June 11, 2014 11:28 am · 37 comments

pat_middendorf_congratulations

Pat Middendorf has been named the 2013-2014 Staff Member of the Year at Clayton Valley Charter High School (CVCHS).

Middendorf was recently “terminated without cause” from CVCHS, and was presented with the award about a week after her firing.

The award was given to Middendorf “for being the CVCHS Staff member elected by your peers as having made the most positive impact on Clayton Valley Charter High School”

Middendorf has been with Clayton Valley since 1996, and was instrumental in transforming Clayton Valley High School into a successful charter school.

When asked about the award, Middendorf told Claycord.com “It was an honor that means a lot to me”.

The image shown above was anonymously sent to Claycord.com after it was posted on Facebook. It was reposted on Claycord.com with permission from Pat Middendorf.

{ 37 comments }

1 Nelson Muntz June 11, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Do they teach Irony in English classes at CVCHS?

2 Mike June 11, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Priceless.

3 elephant June 11, 2014 at 11:41 AM

HAHA

4 Miss Ranchogirl June 11, 2014 at 11:44 AM

I truly think that she deserves this award. They did the only right thing after all the fiasco; still present it to her!
It is unfortunate what happened. But the damage is done, differences are here, life goes on.

5 Rosa June 11, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Talk about awkward….get fired then receive an award??

6 anon June 11, 2014 at 11:49 AM

The Board Rules All.

7 Alanis Moreupset June 11, 2014 at 11:53 AM

isn’t it ironic, doncha think

8 Mr. Pink June 11, 2014 at 11:59 AM

That’s hilarious.

9 Con Mom June 11, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Congratulations. What an honor to be given an award by your peers who know and respect you and all you’ve done for CVCHS and your community. Hooray for the staff to be able to rise above the fray and honor you. It is most deserved.

10 Cowellian June 11, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Irony? Maybe, but probably not.

People that supported her before she was fired are still supporting her. Presenting her with this award is an effective way of making a statement to the board without putting their own careers at risk.

11 JJR June 11, 2014 at 12:14 PM

I am behind Pat 1,000 percent! She is a whistle blower whose job should have been protected. I was proud of what Pat helped the old, rundown Clayton Valley High School become. Now I’ ashamed again. I hope they wise up soon, but I don’t think so.

Although, once they get rid of the well paid strangers running the school into the ground, maybe the dedicated teachers left can move forward again, serving the kids who genuinely belong at the school!

12 ...... June 11, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Just waiting for the charter to be revoked. Politics as usual.

13 HmmMMMMm June 11, 2014 at 12:21 PM

There has to more to the story! Mr Mayor certainly you can find out the truth?

14 Well Deserved June 11, 2014 at 12:29 PM

This is a great example of how disconnected the board is from what goes on day to day at the school. Fortunately her peers were willing to recognize her hard work and many contributions.

15 Gargoyle Socks June 11, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Yet again, I have read another post about CVCHS/Little League personnel issues and all of the comments that come with it. And once again, I regret having done so. I feel like the people who slow down to look at a car accident with gory injuries. You wish you hadn’t looked, but you also can’t stop looking.

Most of the principle players involved (from both sides) have inappropriately spoken or written about this matter publicly and behaved in a strikingly immature manner. And so many of the comments to these posts are hateful. I refuse to read any more posts about CVCHS. What a poor example for your children!

16 Shiloh June 11, 2014 at 12:58 PM

I wouldn’t call this irony. I might call it “childish”, but I fear I don’t know the whole story. A little apprehensive about this school at this point . . .

17 The Mamba June 11, 2014 at 1:21 PM

I haven’t been following along for much of the developments, but whatever is going on over at CVCHS seems to be bad news. It seemed like such a great opportunity and it is slipping away in a very public spectacle of a way.

18 Cy Nical June 11, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Whether it’s ironic or not depends on when the vote was taken.

19 Congratulations Pat June 11, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Very much deserved, too long coming. Truly shows how misguided the board has become.

Glad to also see Claycord post the other side of things…

20 Oh Please June 11, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Oh please, I’m sure all her friends who helped her try and stage her little coup voted for this piece of Office Depot Award crap.

She can hang it next to her pink slip.

She went for it.
Lost.
And that’s what happens when you play games.
Buh EYYEE!!

21 In Today's News... June 11, 2014 at 2:22 PM

It looks like the board is now looking to oust the chairperson, Tom Branich.

22 Tom June 11, 2014 at 2:25 PM

I agree with Cowellian. It’s an awkward way to receive an award, but I don’t know the whole story.

If she was a whistle blower (I have no idea), I commend her for doing so. But I would never do it myself.

I keep my eyes and ears open, and keep my mouth shut. It keeps me employed.

23 2020 NCS Vision June 11, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Is it true Tom is getting “Board Member of the Year” tonight after they vote him out?

24 Shelly June 11, 2014 at 3:15 PM

I have no idea what the aspects of the narrative are as most of us don’t, but on the outside they seem like a lot of drama queens. You have to feel for the kids who need to focus on their education despite going through adolescence and raging hormones and this going on..

25 Disappointed Parent June 11, 2014 at 4:29 PM

I love the fact the Executive Director signed it. Check the date. It’s after she was fired.

26 Elwood June 11, 2014 at 5:08 PM

This whole fiasco is simply amazing.

These people could **** up a one car funeral.

27 RanchgirlCA June 11, 2014 at 5:53 PM

This doesn’t give me much faith in the school or those working there. May not try to send my kids there. Kids needs stability and a positive learning environment. Enough with the drama.

28 It's 'Meme' is that you Ma? June 11, 2014 at 8:49 PM

A Nobel for ‘whirled peas’ could be next!

Go girl go!

29 Alex Merenkov June 11, 2014 at 10:38 PM

They fired her? Wow that’s terrible because she was a really influential teacher at CV. She did a lot for the school and it’s students.

30 What??? June 11, 2014 at 10:38 PM

This school sounds like a total disaster.

31 Anon June 12, 2014 at 9:11 AM

CONGRATULATIONS PAT!!! This award says alot and is well deserved. Thank you for all of your contributions and hard work at CVCHS.

Mr. Linzey, are you reading this? Are you listening to your staff? I think you need to resign.

32 RunDogRun June 12, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Hate to say it, but I told
you so.

33 Concord Mom June 12, 2014 at 2:43 PM

I hear that CVCHS is in a bit of trouble with their football team not following rules!! Practicing before its allowed and with pads when not allowed, etc…..

34 Cathy Vanderlip June 12, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Our poor children need competitive skills for their employment. A need for strong changes academically needs to take place and it will take time. Old school, outdated methods will not help our young people. I hope the decisions made are for youngsters ability to survive.

35 ClaytonGal June 12, 2014 at 5:13 PM

I am happy for the award….but so sad to see she was fired.

Pat was a wonderful part of Clayton Valley for my children. I worked closely with her on many things. She truely wanted the best for the school and the students!

36 RunDogRun June 13, 2014 at 8:20 AM

MDUSA must be sitting back
watching all the drama at CVCHS
with amusement.

37 Well deserved June 13, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Pat did a great deal for the school. Those of you who are commenting/enjoying the difficulties the CVCHS families are facing? Karma is a b*tch. Might wanna find another hobby, haters.