LOST: Parrot Escapes from Home off Clayton Rd. in Concord

June 10, 2014 15:23 pm · 35 comments

A parrot is missing, and her family is desperately trying to find her.

Would you please, please make an all points bulletin to help find a lost parrot? We really need help. The bird is somewhere and she won’t survive much longer if she isn’t found. Parrot’s don’t know how to forage for food or water and can easily become prey to hawks as well as cats and dogs and cars.

The parrot was lost on Saturday off Rishell Ct. between TJMAxx and the Fire station on Clayton Rd. in Concord.

There is currently no description of the parrot, but if you see one, try to catch her, or just let us know where she was spotted.

Thanks for keeping your eyes & ears out for her.

{ 35 comments }

1 landon alger June 10, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Clip your birds wings…

2 Barking Dogs June 10, 2014 at 3:54 PM

It is a green Mini Hanhs Macaw named Penny. Penny does talk, but I am not sure what she says. I know this because the owner came to my house the other day in search of Penny.

3 Happy One June 10, 2014 at 3:58 PM

The owners have posters with a photo posted around the neighborhood. The bird is green with some red on the wings. 6-7 inches long.

4 Noj June 10, 2014 at 4:15 PM

My wife saw a large blue bird that she thought was a parrot feeding on our suet cake hanging in our apple tree on Sunday. Unusual that a bird that large would feed on a small suet cake…I told her I thought it was a bluejay. We live over off of Ayers Road near Concord Blvd. Your bird blue?

5 Marianne June 10, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Someone is selling a parrot on craigslist in concord.

6 VikingPrincess June 10, 2014 at 4:30 PM

#1
You pretty much said it. Not sure if they can be chipped or a small band with GPS on their leg.

Hope you get your parrot back. Will keep eyes peeled. When he returns check with your vet or even Lindsey Wildlife on tips to keep your parrot safe.

Possible Lindsay might be a good or source on getting your parrot to come home. We are lucky to have their wonderful services in our county ;)

7 MadMom June 10, 2014 at 5:02 PM

If we knew the bird’s name, it might help. We once had a bird that came when called.
I will keep my eyes open for the parrot when I’m out and about.

8 sam June 10, 2014 at 5:15 PM

many animals will call out for help when they are under duress, you may very well hear this bird calling for help, before you visually spot it.

9 SpehlCzech June 10, 2014 at 5:44 PM

I hope you find your pet.

10 Smart,Goodlooking&Debonaire June 10, 2014 at 5:57 PM

I thought parrots were intelligent animals. So what is the deal with this one that cant figure out how to forage for food? Maybe it lived in a democrat home and expects someone to bring it food. That would also explain why it wanted to escape.

11 Shasta Daisy June 10, 2014 at 6:08 PM

I’ll keep looking.

I agree with other posters….call Lindsey Wildlife.
They are a great resource.

12 Anon June 10, 2014 at 6:13 PM

I get parrot alert emails. It’s a Hahns Macaw named Penny. She is green and medium sized.

13 Anon June 10, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Call Feathered Follies in a Concord.

14 Yhe Phantom June 10, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Stupid, Ugly and low class trash.

Put the bog down and go get something to much on.

What you doin’ hiding over here you little sweetheart?

15 Marianne June 10, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Someone is selling a parrot on craigslist in concord

16 WC Resident June 10, 2014 at 7:32 PM

I am praying Penny will be with her owners. I have three birds and that is my biggest fear that they can fly away. Parrots do not go home, you have to search for them. So please everyone find her!! Even if their wings are clipped they can fly away. I am so sorry. Please let us know if you find Penny.

17 anon June 10, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Info. Hahn’s macaw
Name ‘Penny’
Phrases; ‘jay jay’ ‘comear’ ‘comear now!’ , ‘watcha eatin’ ‘ got some for Penny?’ ‘Yay yay’
Link to ‘Penny”
info. has been posted to avian ass. vets, feathered follies, pound, lindsey around interenet with other bird owners and avian vets and techs.
We’re about ready to hook up a cd player to play back her calls and phrases and drive around and play it.
We’ve had other parrots out calling as well.
today was the end of the a period for finding her, tomorrow she possibly will travel more than a mile radius from where she was.
If you live in the area please check your back yards carefully. she could be hurt on the ground or caught in something or quietly sitting in a tree.

18 anon June 10, 2014 at 10:46 PM

marianne, i’m not finding what you saw. could you post the link please?

wc resident; thank you very much. we are doing the same.

19 anon June 10, 2014 at 10:52 PM

fyi;
in the case of finding a parrot if you don’t have a number to call,
call Feathered Follies. They will hold the bird. you can take it right there.
Medical Center for Birds; this is THE place for exotic birds, bar none.
Sage Emergency on Monument after hours/ sun.
Four corners I think has an avian vet.
The pound is not fully experienced with parrots, but it’s ok for an emergency.

20 Smart,Goodlooking&Debonaire June 11, 2014 at 5:59 AM

@Yhe Phantom,#14: are you okay? you seem quite impaired by that comment.

21 @ Smart,Goodlooking&Debonaire June 11, 2014 at 7:26 AM

I think he flew away because he was tired of watching fairy tales, oh, I mean Fox News.

22 RealityCheck June 11, 2014 at 8:13 AM

Unfortunately, Penny was probably lunch for one of our local raptors.

23 macawlady June 11, 2014 at 9:06 AM

It’s not impossible to recover a lost parrot, especially if they are friendly. Our cockatiel, Spike, flew away a number of years ago. He ended up flying into a bar down the street, where he entertained the patrons for hours. Fortunately for us, a guy at the bar saw one of our Lost Parrot signs and called us. So don’t give up hope! (And no, Spike didn’t have a beer while he was there…lol.)

24 anon June 11, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Thank you macaw lady, that was very encouraging.
Penny was possibly heard around Wilson last night if you live within a mile of Rishell Please check your yard and trees very well..

I can see a bar being a good place for a parrot, in the sense they would have tons of company and attention. If anyone is crying into their beer the bird could be trained to say ‘whatsamatter’ or ‘ah too bad’ and you know a lot of them mimic their owner on the phone, so the bird could say ‘hello, what’s your name, aha, ok, alright, bye bye’. Beer and a good listening ear. what a combo!

25 anon June 11, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Marianne,
did you find that link from craigslist? I still don’t see it.

26 down and out June 11, 2014 at 10:26 AM

How does one “lose” a parrot?? Parrots are indoors-only animals.

Sounds irresponsible to me.

27 ConcordMike June 11, 2014 at 10:57 AM

There sure are a lot of negative, hateful and ignorant postings on this site.
I am starting to wonder about the class of people on ClayCord.com.

28 Anon June 11, 2014 at 11:30 AM

I think Marianne was being mean and thinking it was ‘funny’. If not, please provide the link so they can see if that parrot is theirs. But I can’t find anything while searching for ‘bird’ or ‘parrot’.

29 Puddintain June 11, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Yeah, I’ve known “Marianne” to be that way before. Not nice.

30 Marianne June 11, 2014 at 3:59 PM

No, Anon and Puddin, a parrot was for sale on craigslist, in concord. Maybe they were a claycord reader and took it down. I have no idea.

31 Marianne June 11, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Puddin tain, on occasion. ;-)

32 Smart,Goodlooking&Debonaire June 11, 2014 at 4:40 PM

maybe this Marianne person is just plain crazy. That’d explain it.

33 anon June 11, 2014 at 7:36 PM

marianne, check your computer’s history and see what you get.

34 anon June 12, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Any luck finding Penny?

35 kiwidaze June 12, 2014 at 12:38 PM

The Family are still Searching for Penny.