Leaving Your Vehicle Unattended in the Red Zone While Picking Up Your Kids

June 9, 2014 16:00 pm · 108 comments

redzone

A Claycordian sent this picture, along with her opinion….

Just curious if it annoys anyone else besides me when people park in red zones and leave their cars unattended while picking their kids up from school? There’s a safety issue and you’re basically letting your kid know the rules don’t apply to you. Not to mention you’re lazy! This happens every day and it drives me nuts.

Is anybody else annoyed when people do this?

101 RanchgirlCA June 11, 2014 at 6:00 PM

When I would pick my kids up at their elementary school, the people would drive me crazy. Parked at a red curb, blocking the street so no one could get by, blocking crosswalks (big pet peeve) and not taking turns letting people in. So glad to be away from all that.

102 stealthymama June 11, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Hey peeps! If you want to park in a legal curb in a residential area, arrive early. Remember…it’s first come, first serve! Just b/c you arrive late & are too lazy to walk a block or so to get your kid, don’t bother parking on the red zone. You should know by now that the red zone curb is for emergency vehicles only. Besides, what part of the red zone do you not understand…huh???

103 Smith June 13, 2014 at 8:38 AM

All you that agree with this have nothing better to do with your lives. Omg someone’s park on the red zone! Well good for you do you want a f****** cookie now?

104 Cowellian June 13, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Middle School must have let out for the summer.

105 Rollo Tomasi June 13, 2014 at 10:19 AM

@ #103:

I agree with it, now where’s my cookie, asshat?

On second thought, send it it a third world country. You’ll single-handedly help solve one on those big problems that occupies your mind so much that you don’t care about being considerate of others.

106 Tom June 13, 2014 at 11:18 AM

This is pretty simple. Logical, responsible people care, and don’t think should park in the red zone. For obvious reasons.

Irresponsible, illogical people don’t care, and nothing you say can convince them. It’s all about them.

Agree to disagree, and move on.

107 Smith June 13, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Give me your address and I’ll send you your cookie.

108 Smith June 13, 2014 at 10:23 PM

Wow! parking on the red zone really hurts peoples feelings! I’m sorry maybe I should be more considerate. I’ll stop.