Two Reports of Knocks on Door in the Middle of the Night in Concord

June 7, 2014 · 38 comments

This note came from a Claycordian this morning.

Read it….

I live behind Mt. Diablo High School near the freeway. I had fallen asleep on the couch and was woken up at 3:30 a.m to my dogs barking at the front door. My boyfriend looked out the window where he saw a man beginning to walk away and towards the neighbor’s house. I called the police an they showed up a few minutes later checking the street with their spotlight. It didn’t seem like they found anyone but I appreciated their prompt response. I just wanted to let everyone know to keep an eye out.

We received another note from a Claycordian saying they also heard a knock on their door this morning around 2am off Rolling Woods Way in Concord (off Pine Hollow). Although the two don’t seem to be related, please make sure your doors & windows are locked before you go to bed at night.

Just last week, we reported that a home off San Miguel Rd. in Concord was burglarized in the middle of the night while the homeowners slept.

Be careful!

1 Dorothy June 7, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Barking dogs are good. They do their job.

2 Hydrant Management June 7, 2014 at 12:12 PM

UNICEF

3 Tom June 7, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Barking dogs are a great deterrent. These knock knock burglaries are happening everywhere. At least she called the police.

4 anon June 7, 2014 at 1:18 PM

that pine hollow area seems to be a regular territory for someone.

5 itsme June 7, 2014 at 1:43 PM

Someone ought to invent a doorbell that sounds like a big dog barking.

6 Dudebro June 7, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Motion lights

7 Contonian June 7, 2014 at 2:09 PM

…or maybe a door knocker that sounds like a barking dog?

8 Me June 7, 2014 at 2:24 PM

They must have knew them. Drugs probably. Of course I am being sarcastic. If people want to think that fine, but it could and does happen to people at random. Not everyone can have a dog, or even should though. Call 911 right away, let’s catch these blanks… Happened to us a while back and they wanted in. Who knows what they wanted, but it would not be without a fight. Hope the police catch them or short of that someone takes them out, preferably with a pitch fork and hay hooks and pliers. It shook my wife up for about 3 months.

9 ALeo June 7, 2014 at 2:30 PM

The same thing happened to me last night at about 11pm. I heard a knock and my dog went crazy. By the time I got to the door they were gone. I live in Clayton though, off Keller Ridge Drive. I just assumed it was kids at the time.

10 birght lights June 7, 2014 at 2:47 PM

I dont care if my electric bill is sky high I leave all of my outdoor lights plus security ligghts on all night long, we live in Highlands area too. Our next door neighbor was burglarized during the day on Memorial Day, we were home in the backyard all day never heard a thing.

Wifi night vision Camera is next on the list

11 Smart,Goodlooking&Debonaire June 7, 2014 at 3:01 PM

a drug addicted obama voter looking for handouts or an easy home to rob.

12 kimberly June 7, 2014 at 4:08 PM

The same happened to me a few weeks ago. Someone knocked on my door at midnight claiming they were looking for someone whose tire they changed.

13 Fam June 7, 2014 at 5:00 PM

Our house is in N. Concord and we were burglarized yesterday during the day. The police officer said a few other houses had been hit in this area too around the same time. My children are devastated. Scary. :( I hope they catch these piece of $#!&’s.

14 the man June 7, 2014 at 5:26 PM

There are always tweakers by mt. Diable high school. Im sure there is a dealer in one of the apartments by western dental. I received a knock also a while back from a tweaker asking to use my phone. I shut the door in her face!

15 @#11 June 7, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Nothing like perpetuating ignorant stereotypes. I voted for Obama – twice – and many of my family/friends have as well. We’re a group of well-educated, hard-working, self-sufficient non-druggies. Both of my parents are professionals with doctoral degrees. None of us has ever asked for a government handout. And there are millions more of us.

It’s convenient and just plain stupid to blame Obama for all of society’s ills, including crime like this that existed before Obama and will exist after he leaves office.

Who ya gonna blame all this crap on after Obama leaves, hmmm?

16 Please Knock on My Door June 7, 2014 at 5:58 PM

It’s 4 seconds back to the street

Joey* can be there in 3.

* 125 Lb Rottweiler Alsatian mix. Five years guard duty at Nellis AFB

17 2nd ammendment supporter June 7, 2014 at 6:06 PM

That is why I keep a handgun next to my bed and a shotgun in the hallway closet.

18 john hovno June 7, 2014 at 6:09 PM

see if this happen in Antioch it would take officers over an hour to respond. thank you concord pd for your hard dedication.

19 Angelina June 7, 2014 at 6:12 PM

You can buy a barking dog alarm on Amazon. I have one and it scares me every time I set it off. We do have a dog but she can’t do everything. This dog alarm even makes her bark!

20 PH dad June 7, 2014 at 6:31 PM

“I am the one who knocks”

Somebody had to say it…

21 @15 June 7, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Well both your parents have doctorates! Isn’t that special?

Too bad they didn’t teach you to read carefully. He didn’t blame Obama for anything. He blamed his supporters.

And he is right.Not many Romney voters out doing burglaries.

22 Liberalconcordian June 7, 2014 at 8:08 PM

No Romney supporters have been stealing us blind for years legally. Oh brother.

23 Concordejet June 7, 2014 at 9:16 PM

you know what I just bought a month ago? I got a travel size security pee hole camera brand name “Brinnos” It is a very handy use item that you can take it with you anywhere in the world with you. You can even use it at the hotel too. No screw needed it is an easy 1 2 3 step just google brinnos and you will get info on the peehole camera the thing that you have to purchases the camera online at either Amazon or ebay. I bought my on ebay and there are 3 difference type. The cheapest one all it dose just view through the screen. the fancy one I have the PHV MAC it have an auto picture motion when a person comes up to the door it automactically shoot person of the person as soon as it hear the knocking sound you can do picture or video and it got a playback as well. there also a MicroSD card so you can connect the camera to the computer and download the picture and/or video for edvidence to show to the police. what I love about it that the person at the door cannot see who going to answer the door because the peehole is blocked from behind the door because there is a camera there. the downside is that there no audio if you doing a video of a person. I paid $139 and it was worth it!!!!!!!! any question just post here.

24 Inigo Montoya June 7, 2014 at 10:32 PM

@Concordejet,

This word “peehole” you keep using, I do not think it means what you think it means.

25 @liberal June 7, 2014 at 10:46 PM

You forgot to mention the Koch brothers. Libs always trot them out . How’s that “Hope and change “thingy working out?

26 Gus June 7, 2014 at 11:04 PM

So you knock on the door and get sprayed with pee?

Yeah, that would stop most people.

27 Spanky Fortuna June 7, 2014 at 11:13 PM

I called WC police when someone knocked on my door at 11:30PM. The dispatcher told me to call again if the person comes back. Made me feel as though I had overreacted.

28 peter piles June 7, 2014 at 11:45 PM

its not a crime to knock on someones door , u guys r retarted

29 Tony Orlando June 8, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Hey Dawn,

Knock Three Times If You Want Me.

30 @#21 June 8, 2014 at 3:02 AM

Isn’t it obvious that taking a cheap shot at Obama supporters in general also taking a cheap shot at Obama as well? Sure, while #11 is not directly blaming Obama, he’s clearly associating him with social parasites, freeloaders and losers, as if Obama has promoted it and this is the result (a trickle-down effect, if you will). If you had half a brain, you would have seen the correlation.

And yes, i’m proud as hell of my parents who used their doctoral degrees and gave back to their communities as lifelong, career teachers. They inspired and enriched thousands of students over decades. Yes, I think that’s special.

#15

31 Silva June 8, 2014 at 8:26 AM

@Concordejet, good info & thank you. For everything… tee hee.. GUFFAW!!

32 chotski June 8, 2014 at 8:27 AM

#28….. are you serious? try proofreading your post next time…. pretty comical!

33 Silva June 8, 2014 at 9:38 AM

I like that Concordjet leaves interesting, heart felt posts, and she does very well if English isn’t her primary language.

34 gynecologists and urologists..... June 8, 2014 at 12:00 PM

have peehole cameras…..seriously….these are serious pieces of medical equipment and could very well save your life.

35 Action Jackson June 8, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

36 California Nightmare June 8, 2014 at 3:10 PM

Maybe they were pee hole cameras that were converted to peep hole cameras?

Except of course in California, where the legislature recently outlawed such conversions so as to protect the feelings of the pee holes.

37 niceconcordjet June 8, 2014 at 4:12 PM
38 Tom June 8, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Concordejet, I knew what you meant. You were just trying to help, and I appreciate the info. Thanks!