Walnut Creek Resident Attempts to Change Garbage Pick-Up Times in CoCo County

June 4, 2014 10:00 am · 121 comments

petition

A Walnut Creek resident is fed up with the early, loud garbage pick-ups throughout Contra Costa County, and because of that, she’s started a petition, asking that the county force garbage companies to change their pick-up times.

Débora C. Rolim Finkler told Claycord.com, “I’m trying to gather a significant amount of signatures on this petition to change the garbage trucks hours to 8AM-8PM in the Contra Costa County. Most of the city noise regulations in our county determines 8AM-10PM for everyone, but right now, garbage trucks have a separate agreement that allows them to start at 6AM on residential areas. Well, last week I was awake at 5:50AM because of the first truck.

I started the petition focusing in Walnut Creek only, but the problem is all around us, so I added the whole Contra Costa County for target in my Avaaz petition.

If you’re also tired of jumping out of bed with your heart racing, please sign the petition too and help spread the word.

To view the petition, please click on the image shown above.

Claycordians, how do you feel about garbage pick-up times in Claycord?

{ 121 comments }

1 PHILTHYphresh June 4, 2014 at 10:04 AM

wow get over it.

2 Certainly the way to start a movement June 4, 2014 at 10:10 AM

I am glad this gal is working through the system to make a change she believes is important.

I won’t support her though, I have better things to do, like post on Claycord all day.

3 Atticus Thraxx June 4, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Nope pickup is fine nice and early.

4 Just me June 4, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Oh get over it lady. 1 day a week you “might” get woken up. Please spare me the theatrics. Garbage men have it rough enough. Their units have no AC no real heater and in the summer of course it’s better to start early.

Some of them are constantly in and out of their trucks all day. 8-8 is ridiculous. Get over your self importance and selfishness

5 Ac June 4, 2014 at 10:20 AM

I like being able to wake up, take my garbage bins back in and be done with it rather than have them clutter the street later in the day-because guess what, if the mailboxes somehow get blocked due to not enough space in the street due to the garbage bins being out, I don’t get my mail because the mailman is lazy and doesn’t want to get out if his truck.

6 Dd June 4, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Seriously. Move out of CCC please if this is what concerns you enough to get signatures. Bye.

7 WC resident June 4, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Get a life. And it is “whole” Contra Costa, not “hole”.

8 just a concordian June 4, 2014 at 10:27 AM

I am all for it. The noise doesn’t bother me too much since my bedroom is on the other side of the house but those trucks are loud. And not just that… think about the added benefit of not having to start planning your trash output for the week because you forgot to put out the bins the night before. The neighbors bins will remind you.

9 GD98 June 4, 2014 at 10:28 AM

You inconvience me for 5 minutes one day a week and I will inconvience you and all your coworkers for the rest of your working careers.

Seems totally reasonable to me….

10 Connie Dobbs June 4, 2014 at 10:30 AM

I will never get tired of jumping out of bed with my heart racing, but thanks.

11 girl w/ dogs June 4, 2014 at 10:31 AM

This will never go anywhere, it’s too hot most of the year for these guys to start any later.

12 Concord native June 4, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Residential pick up @ 6 a.m. ? I’d be pissed too….f-those garbage guys…no earlier than 8 a.m.

13 Owl Lady June 4, 2014 at 10:34 AM

I applaud your working through proper channels to try to get some change. I do have a question – why do the garbage collectors start so early and why are they opted out from the noise ordinance that all others must adhere to? I ask because there may be a good reason for the early start.

14 Silva June 4, 2014 at 10:36 AM

I think someone has a little to much free time on their hands. Earplugs have always worked for me whenever I needed them.

15 Michelle June 4, 2014 at 10:38 AM

It’s time to get over it.

16 Antler June 4, 2014 at 10:39 AM

The trucks slow commute (arterial) traffic less if they begin early in the residential neighborhoods, too.

The basic problem is this woman’s outrage mode…her own attitude! Has she even tried using earplugs on the night before her garbage pick-up day?

I just advise my own brain that “Barrels are out. Men will empty them early tomorrow. What a great service!!!” If the noise does awaken me, then my brain advises…”Oh, yeah….it’s them.” And I drift right back off to sleep.

17 I'm just saying.... June 4, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Hey lady, go to bed earlier! That’s NutCreek for ya.

18 Sscc June 4, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Seriously?
Absolutely ridiculous. Keep Concord out of your petition.

19 Ricardoh June 4, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Sound proof your house.

20 What security June 4, 2014 at 10:55 AM

good job I’ll sign your petition along along with the a holes with the leaf blowers at 7am in the morning

21 What security June 4, 2014 at 10:57 AM

In some wealthy areas I mean really wealthy they don’t use trash cans because the barrels when they roll make lots of noise.

The Garbage guys have to us nap sacks over their shoulder

22 PHILTHYphresh June 4, 2014 at 10:57 AM

Start a movement to ban geoengineering then, or to get congress to acknoledge it. There’s aluminum levels in Shasta 60 times toxicity levels. That’s a petition out of selfishness on that lady’s part. Would you rather big ol’ garbage trucks be out in the daytime, endangering children that drivers have a hard time seing, and restricting traffic, because one person doesn’t like being woke up early one day out of seven.????? Get real.

23 BagsFlyFree June 4, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Just wait for the “traffic increase surcharge” if this ever takes effect.

24 Just me June 4, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Well said “Just Me” –
OMG lady! really!? The things we worry about in this country never seizes to amaze me. SMH

25 wcmom June 4, 2014 at 11:10 AM

fortheloveofgawd…..(eye roll)

26 Smile WC June 4, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Maybe we could should just start burning our garbage.

27 Mr. Joshua June 4, 2014 at 11:21 AM

She’s like the person who moves next to the airport and then complains about the noise from the planes.

28 Incognito June 4, 2014 at 11:25 AM

All I can say is “WOW”
I have so many other things to worry about.
I bet she complains about the ice cream truck playing their tunes, too,

29 94598 June 4, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Wow- get a life lady…. With that kind of a self-centered attitude and the desire to do something about it- must be a cop or politician that feels compelled to screw with people.

30 PH Homeowner June 4, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Great idea. We live on a cul de sac in PHill and it takes the recycling truck 15 minutes to back up and down the street at 6am. Not only does it sound like a 747 going through your bedroom, it’s unsafe in the winter months when it’s dark.

31 Cowellian June 4, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Notice to Contra Costa residents:

Your garbage fees are going up!

32 Blue Fan June 4, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Did this lady notice how large those trucks are? They need to get off the streets early so they’re not blocking traffic when it gets busier. Get some ear plugs.

33 Miss Ranchogirl June 4, 2014 at 11:44 AM

I don’t mind if the pick up starts at 6AM, but I do care if the trucks wait in the neighborhood, engine running, until it is 6AM to start work.
But here is the real problem in my neighborhood; garbage pick up has been scheduled the same day as street sweeping for years. Tried to contact the city…..never got anywhere.
……. slowly starting to not care about Concord anymore…

34 Upset jet June 4, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Get over yourself. You are starting to sound like a self entitled Orinda resident. Good luck wasting your time getting signatures.

35 Krogs June 4, 2014 at 11:47 AM

Wow. Really?

36 Vandy June 4, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Early garbage collection is a part of suburban life. Compared to the cost of visiting the transfer facility, home collection is a bargain too. Thanks to the hardworking waste engineers. May they continue to do their jobs in the cool early morning air.

37 Cynthia June 4, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Is this lady serious? She needs to get over herself. One day a week, geeze

38 Brian June 4, 2014 at 11:51 AM

The pick up times are perfect the way they are. This idea is garbage.

39 formeremployee June 4, 2014 at 11:54 AM

File under: rich white people problems

40 94598 June 4, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Is this lady serious! Working in a Public Relations field- I would say she blew it! There are better ways to handle complaints- whether justified complaints or imagined complaints. Get a life

41 NoChangeforMe June 4, 2014 at 11:57 AM

I like the pick up times for garbage just fine. It’s better that the trucks roll early in the a.m. rather than slow traffic later when the streets are more crowded. Plus, it’s just one day out of the entire week. I guess I’m just not seeing what the big deal is. I won’t be signing the petition.

42 AKA - I will not sign June 4, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Jumping out of bed with your heart racing… BAHAHA……Only when I forget to put the cans out the night before. The trucks come every week at the same time and have been doing so for many years 40+ I see no reason to change this. I think there would be more problems with traffic if the came later, especially in my neighborhood.

43 alopez June 4, 2014 at 12:04 PM

How about taking out the garbage cans the night before?

44 M.O.A. June 4, 2014 at 12:05 PM

It’s bush’s fault. Go back to bed!

45 Rosie June 4, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Sounds like a really hard first world problem to deal with. Can someone do something about those damn birds too?! Always waking me up at 5 am, don’t they know about the sound regulations?

46 Anon June 4, 2014 at 12:07 PM

You were up at 5:50 am? I get up at 3:50 an to go exercise. Why don’t you take your selfish complaining A$$ to the store and buy some earplugs? Life isn’t about getting your way and making other peoples lives miserable. STFU!

47 Micklethepickle June 4, 2014 at 12:10 PM

The world doesn’t revolve around you. Build a bridge and get over it.

48 BooHoo June 4, 2014 at 12:12 PM

REALLY?!?! Get some ear plugs.

49 Oh my! June 4, 2014 at 12:12 PM

she must not have kids. We are up getting ready for two schools and work. Letting the dogs out and praying they don’t bark and wake the neighbors, waiting for them to smell and pee and back in house. Plus we have more noise from Safeway delivery trucks on Treat and we are way over near Concord High, now that’s everyday noise and it’s earlier.

50 Chester E. Kitty June 4, 2014 at 12:13 PM

Seriously? It’s one day! What about the birds that wake her up early? She going to get a petition to kill all the birds in her neighborhood? Stupid!

51 Angelina June 4, 2014 at 12:13 PM

We have been told by Concord Disposal to have our cans out by 5 AM. This week they finished up collecting garbage at 3PM. If we don’t put the garage out the night before they pick up early. Some consistency would be appreciated.

52 anon June 4, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Double pane windows.
Haven’t heard the garbage trucks since having them installed years ago.

53 Richard Harp June 4, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Is life so good that people have to look for things to complain about? If the sound of a truck on the street sends you into a panic maybe you have other problems you need to address first.

54 JW June 4, 2014 at 12:32 PM

What an entitled person! Absolutely shocking I tell you. If you don’t like it move to the desert.

55 NRA #1 fan and member June 4, 2014 at 12:33 PM

Another RENTER with nothing going on in life to complain about garbage.

Get over it RENTER and worry about how you’ll pay your rent as it will increase again very soon…..maybe get section 8? maybe move to the Yock, I mean Antioch or maybe get that fast food job for extra income?

56 Anonmom June 4, 2014 at 12:37 PM

So many more important things to focus on, get a grip and a life to go with it.

57 Magic Bus June 4, 2014 at 12:40 PM

I’d be fine with them actually adhering to the 6am rule. I leave the house around 5:30am during the week and the garbage and yard waste are almost always picked up before or as I’m leaving. They start WAY before 6am where I’m at in Concord. We start sleeping with the windows open once it warms up and it is pretty damn loud that early in the morning.

58 blu dog June 4, 2014 at 12:41 PM

Sorry, many folks are up before 6 so enjoy sleeping in. With pollution so bad at times we need to get these off the streets during the worst part of the day. Be courteous of the workers who can spend time with their families and miss hopefully the worst heat in the summer. Then of course potential traffic issues…. Why not either a) buy some ear plugs for 1 night a week or b) get up early one day a week and enjoy a sunrise, the birds chirping, morning dew, and some quiet time. Maybe that will reduce your stress level over petty things a bit.

59 Early riser June 4, 2014 at 12:43 PM

I’m already at work by 6AM every day, so I don’t care if the garbage trucks come early. In fact, I like it better. I don’t want to have to wait until 8PM to put my cans away.

60 in Pleasant Hill June 4, 2014 at 12:52 PM

I completely agree with her effort.

61 in Pleasant Hill June 4, 2014 at 12:56 PM

For you whiners who are against it how is this any different than if those same loud banging trucks were running through your neighborhood at 11pm when you’re trying to sleep?

62 Brad June 4, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Lady your life isn’t so bad if all you have to complain about is the people who come take the smell out of your house do it to early. These guys have families and lives they would like to maintain outside of work. Be grateful.

63 GIVE ME A BREAK June 4, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Typical WC resident finding something absolutely ridiculous to whine about…FIND A REAL CAUSE TO START A PETITION…here’s a small list of issues wayyyyy more important and harmful than the garbage truck guys doing their job:

-Underground fracking
-Leland Yee (a criminal) on the ballot (convicted or suspected criminals should not be allowed to be on the ballot)
-Chemtrails (or more properly known as geoengineering)
-GMO food that is causing skyrocketing cancer, disease, and allergies
-HAARP weather control/modification
-Drones
-NSA spying on us 24/7
-releasing terrorists from Guantanamo Bay
-Attack on our 2nd ammendment rights

HHMMM pretty sure this once again demonstrates how most claycordians have their arses in the sand and ARE NOT AWARE OF THE REAL ISSUES!!

GROW UP LADY NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR STUPID PETITION OR YOUR DUMB STAY AT HOME HOUSEWIFE BEAUTY SLEEP TIME

64 Monkey June 4, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Omg women complain bout everything.

65 champeriffic June 4, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Oh, how I would love to have the luxury of sleeping in until 5:50am.

66 Shopper mom June 4, 2014 at 1:24 PM

I wish people like this woman could demonstate this same passion for causes that actually mean something -shelter animals being unnecessarily euthanized, bullying, domestic violence, pick a cause. She should be glad that being woken by a garbage truck is the worst problem she has.

67 skrab June 4, 2014 at 1:37 PM

If garbage trucks have to come through the neighborhoods early to avoid traffic, then why is that my recycling gets picked up around 8:30 a.m and my yard bin around 10:30. It makes no sense. I have no problem with this women’s petition. Personally I would rather have the garbage picked up in the late evening.

68 Rollo Tomasi June 4, 2014 at 1:38 PM

@ #61:

Once a week? That would be fine too.

69 VB June 4, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Looks like most people here are just proud of sleeping with ear-plugs on and getting up in the middle of the night. Also, looks like some of them do not sleep at all. Combining all the logic of yours, the best time for garbage pickup is 2am: to minimize traffic, air-polution etc.

70 Underwood June 4, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Well, nothing for me to say that you all haven’t. I agree though, would be worse for traffic, quite whining, etc.

71 NutCreek Frontier June 4, 2014 at 1:55 PM

6:00 am seems reasonable…I live near a school on the WC Concord Border, so get to hear the Garbage Truck/Explosive Dumpster Drop three times a week. One note, just a note for all of us to be more courteous though. If it is before 8:00 am (particularly on weekend) really think about the noise you are producing and if it is waking up hard-working people. This goes for leaf blowers, cars with booming bass, parents cheering at early sports events etc. etc.

72 Spark Baldman June 4, 2014 at 1:58 PM

@ Give me a Break #68
Haha. Was just going to congratulate all of Claycord for not lumping this lady in with all people from WC and making it a city vs city issue. One persons opinion does not represent everyone in WC. Thanks.

73 Spark Baldman June 4, 2014 at 1:58 PM

sorry it was post 63 not 68

74 Bishop Estates June 4, 2014 at 2:00 PM

This is ridiculous. I believe it is business’s that have the early morning pick up of dumpsters at 6am. They do so because they would not be able to manuever the trucks with all of the parked cars.
Suck it up residents, they are only in front of your home a nano second……

75 just a concordian June 4, 2014 at 2:05 PM

Ok, this has gone too far. There is nothing in her petition that should have brought forth this kind of anger. Does she seem a bit entitled? Maybe, but this is not your determination to make. You don’t know if she lives in a house or apartment. You don’t know if she has money or not. Or even if she’s white!!!

Again, focus your anger elsewhere. Comment here instead: http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/upload/display?z=fj2rz cause if you don’t voice your opinion about your right to VOICE OPINIONS, then you won’t be able to voice your opinions anymore…

Wanna know more? Look up Net Neutrality on Google news.

76 anon June 4, 2014 at 2:32 PM

I’d support that. The first one comes to our street at 5.45-6am, if I went along a whole street making all that noise you’d all be whining instead of acting holier than thou. So many two faced people on here that whine about stupid stuff all the time and then try to ridicule this. Sheesh.

77 Puglover June 4, 2014 at 2:39 PM

I don’t see the need for this. This would put the big garbage trucks on the road during both morning and evening commutes. Better to buy some earplugs and a white noise machine.

78 RealityCheck June 4, 2014 at 2:39 PM

This woman needs a…..

Reality check!!!!

79 Elwood June 4, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Some people are just way too ******* sensitive!

80 Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise June 4, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Haven’t you ever heard the saying, “Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.”? I never set an alarm, and have woken up earlier than that almost every day for 55+ years. I don’t see any reason to feel sorry for you. Pu

81 I like having it picked up early June 4, 2014 at 3:19 PM

As someone else said, if they pick it up early enough, I can put the cans away before I go to work. Thank you for starting early, garbage collectors!

82 go for it June 4, 2014 at 3:22 PM

I like my garbage picked up by the time I am home from work so I can put cans away and then relax

83 Can We Say Entitlement June 4, 2014 at 3:33 PM

This is a great example with a fraction of what is wrong with our current day society. This woman feels the need to recreate an entire county wide garbage time frame for her sole convenience. This is a case of a narcissistic individual who feels the need to fill a void with entitlement. Did she ever think about how that would in fact directly affect the workers and company as a whole. The men and women should be home with their families during her proposed times, but no, she must not be woken up from her privileged house, in her privileged neighborhood. Get real lady! If you can’t handle the sound of a garbage truck taking your privileged trash from your privileged garbage cans than you should seek some professional help for lack of adaptability to the environment around you.

84 Can We Say Entitlement June 4, 2014 at 3:36 PM

One more thing….imagine taking that energy and campaigning for real issues. Issues surrounding the betterment of the community, children, diseases, education, etc…! Can you imagine the pay it forward reward? Yet, I have a feeling it still may not work, because she may still be asleep.

85 annon June 4, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Stick cotton in your ears lady.

86 Rollo Tomasi June 4, 2014 at 3:47 PM

@anon #76:

“…if I went along a whole street making all that noise you’d all be whining instead of acting holier than thou.”

That depends. Are you performing a service for which all residents are paying?

P.S. Pick a real screen name. Any form of “anon” really pisses people off over on the politics thread. Just doing my part to control your life.

87 parent June 4, 2014 at 4:24 PM

I will sign, as I get woken up at 6am or even earlier every Monday when I just
need 20-30more mins of sleep. It is horrible to start a week like this.
Most of the people who think this lady is crazy probable are not
in this situation(Either they get up before 6am or their
pick up services are scheduled later in the day.).

88 hmmmm June 4, 2014 at 4:31 PM

Sounds like a bunch of garbage men on here

89 Annoyed too! June 4, 2014 at 4:48 PM

What a great idea! We should also work on quieter sirens for emergency vehicles, banning children from restaurants and other public places (some very noisy kids out there in Claycord). And when driving, why are red lights so long? I have important places to be. Oh, I almost forgot, lower taxes too, and unpleasant smells.

90 Atticus Thraxx June 4, 2014 at 5:36 PM

“Débora C. Rolim Finkler” I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, let people walk around with more than two proper names they become insufferable.
Yeah this piling on is fun!

91 Old Timer June 4, 2014 at 5:38 PM

You should be so lucky to have good service if you live in concord. I Have a commercial account in Oakland and if you have a problem you can’t even get a return call from the Garbage Co. Now for the meat of the issue traffic becomes a problem especially for the business and commercial drivers and how would you like to be out in the hottest part of the day picking up YOUR garbage. Next time its 100 degrees go stick you head in your garbage can take a big sniff and go back to bed. You might think its an easy job so go down and give it a try. What about the people that work shifts and have to start at midnight they need there sleep also so what would be fair about waking them up late afternoon and early evening. And no I am not a an employee of a garbage co. Maybe if you called the garbage co. and requested a route time change they cold start your route in reverse for awhile so you can get your beauty sleep.

92 Nice Nancy June 4, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Yes, please do change the times. I like throwing stuff out after my hoarder husband and kids leave for the day. (When in doubt, throw it out)

93 Old Timer June 4, 2014 at 5:47 PM

P.S. You should live next to a community swimming pool. Saturday morning they invade the neighbor hood at 700 A.M. setting car alarms and screaming and hollering, but its for the kids so suck it up I wear ear plugs they work great.

94 Tom in Concord June 4, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Leave my garbage pick up time alone. Let them get done early and off the streets before the afternoon commute.

95 Mike Reno June 4, 2014 at 6:00 PM

This is so stupid it’s probably fake. Probably the garbage people trying to generate sympathy before they ask for a raise. But whatever. Garbage collection is a stinky, loud business. And hard work. However they need to do it to get in and out efficiently and not get heat stroke, let them do it. If they want to start at midnight, let them. Whatever time of day it’s stinky, loud, and traffic blocking. I’d rather a little rumbling in the wee hours than running over kids after school. Garbage men are gods. Show them fealty.

96 Dance mom June 4, 2014 at 7:20 PM

All of you self righteous ignorant people on here judging this woman who I personally know should be ashamed of yourselves. You would never have the courage to say these hateful words to anyone’s face, but sit behind a computer and my oh my how the hatred flys. Did you ever consider that she may work late and not want to be jolted awake in the early am. I’m sure there are more people just like her out there.

First off I’m up a 6 every morning more often than not before, I to like getting my garbage picked up early, and I have small children so I don’t want them on the street late either. This petition simply asks the question if we have sound ordinances why are they not enforced uniformly?

Each person has their own story, their own thoughts, opinions and feelings, I am ashamed to call some of the commenters county neighbors. It is better to just say I agree or disagree, and leave the holier than tho bull to your private thoughts- poison yourself not the world.

97 Tom June 4, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Garbage is picked up at the crack of dawn in our neighborhood, but I’m getting up anyway. No big deal.

But you never know someone’s schedule, and I feel badly for this lady. She could have health concerns, a later schedule.

As far as the bloggers on Claycord……..no comment.

98 Suzie June 4, 2014 at 8:08 PM

I judge-she needs to stuff it!

99 Atticus Thraxx June 4, 2014 at 8:11 PM

“All of you self righteous ignorant people on here judging this woman who I personally know should be ashamed of yourselves.”
I feel no shame. I don’t share your honor of knowing her personally but I despise her. Some for the pretentious little diacritic above the “e”, some for having too many names, but mostly for for her display of self centered narcissism. Yet another “special” person we all have to adjust to because they fancy themselves precious. Bite me. And pass on the bite me to her majesty for me.

100 Julio June 4, 2014 at 8:11 PM

Can we say entitlement! Oh yes lady get over it. Do trains and birds and roosters bother you too? This is just too much! hysterical.

101 Antler June 4, 2014 at 8:28 PM

And what’s more, if I read the phrase “woken up” one….more…..time…….,

then I’m going to start a petition. ;-)

102 H June 4, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Some of us are already up getting ready for work….

103 Old Timer June 4, 2014 at 8:51 PM

That’s what Claycord.com is all about voice your opinion don’t be hostile.

104 Pluto June 4, 2014 at 9:08 PM

I have never jumped out of bed with my heart beating because of a garbage truck. I asked several neighbors about this issue and found that it is not an issue… Sounds like earplugs is the answer.

105 GD98 June 4, 2014 at 9:33 PM

I work graveyard and sleep during the day, so I will be starting a counter petition to eliminate all noise between the hours of 8AM and 8PM.

I am the most special snowflake.

106 @rollo tomasi June 4, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Am I on the politics thread? No
Do I need to make up a screen name? No, anyone that wants to know who I am will find out my ip address ya know
Do I care what you think? Ermmm no, your cyber bullying is nothing.
Go back to the politics thread if it makes you feel better, my screen name over there is anon.

Have a wonderful day y’all

107 Meemo June 4, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Pretty much what everybody else has said. Get better windows and insolation for your house, and stop embarrassing the people who are related to you.

108 Mike Reno June 4, 2014 at 10:00 PM

@96 Dance Mom. Yes, garbage men have a special exemption from the noise ordinance. Just like policemen have an exemption from the speed limit, and firemen have an exemption from blocking traffic in front of Starbucks. Certain job discriptions have special exemptions so they can perform their duties that have been deemed necessary to maintain a modern urban society. The PG and E folks are allowed to climb around on poles in people’s backyards, you’re not.

109 Elwood June 4, 2014 at 10:22 PM

@ parent #87

Oh, that’s just pathetic!

110 Tom June 4, 2014 at 10:23 PM

A long time ago when I was in college, I lived in a condo complex where the gardeners came at 7:30 a.m. on Friday’s. I didn’t care because I was up early, and even if I wasn’t, I err on the side of letting people get their job done. It’s common courtesy.

But some of my neighbors complained, and they actually changed their time to the middle of the afternoon. I guess the gardeners didn’t want to lose any business.

I believe some people are startled by the sound of the garbage trucks, and obviously my former neighbors were startled by leaf blowers.

111 me June 5, 2014 at 6:02 AM

It would not be possible here with the traffic by the high school that time of day. They have to back in here, three huge trucks right off the main road into the high school that is backed up 1/2 mile every school morning. They do not bother me that early, but maybe they could come later to some houses for an extra charge?

112 bigdaddy June 5, 2014 at 7:41 AM

yea! im sick of it also. getting woke up at 5 am every monday morning. they should oil those dam trucks so they dont make so much f ing noise.

113 Bigjoker June 5, 2014 at 8:35 AM

??? As a kid walking to school I never remember seeing full garbage cans. The garbage was picked up and done by 7am.

114 Garbage wife June 5, 2014 at 9:44 AM

My husband hauls garbage in a big rig to the landfills. It is an effort by everyone, garbage, recycling,yard waste and the dumps and landfills and the rig companies they contract to haul the garbage from the dump to landfill. It isn’t as easy as the petitioner thinks it will be. You can’t have a recycling truck and a garbage truck picking up at same time on same street. That would block the whole street. People need to think of the bigger picture and stop thinking of just themselves.

115 ConcordMike June 5, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Leave well enough alone. Earplugs, dual pane windows.

116 John H. June 5, 2014 at 11:53 AM

oy vey.. the noise.. ohhh the noise.. please woman, shut it up.. we all live with it.. better they get the trash early than later.. heck, its empty before you wake up and you can simply move your bins back.. i prefer the early pickup. She should be happy they pick hers up at all.

117 Rollo Tomasi June 5, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Holy crap! Telling someone on an anonymous blog that they’re doing something wrong because it’s different than how I do it is cyber-bullying? Good to know. I can’t wait to file a complaint about the politics thread. Where would I do that? Or should I start a petition?

118 attitude June 5, 2014 at 6:35 PM

If this happens, your rates may go up. The landfill will have to stay open later, someone has to pay for that work time.

119 kira June 6, 2014 at 5:10 AM

Yea lets get morning traffic school buses and garbage trucks all at the same.time.She probably doesn’t work or have children she needs to move away !!!

120 Tom M June 9, 2014 at 7:17 AM

I think it’s interesting how angry everyone who disagrees with the petition seems to be. I miss the days when two people could have a totally different viewpoint on an issue and not immediate resort to name calling.

One difference if like to point out, this may only be a large problem for residents who live near a commercial site. I have a couple of commercial dumpsters and school dumpsters near my house and those get picked up everyday (not just once a week) and they BANG and CLANG much louder than residential garbage collection (I never notice my residential pickups).

Another point, many people were defending the garbage men wanting to be done earlier so they could be with their families more. Just curious if anyone had any insight into this personally? If it were me, I’d probably rather work 8-5 than the current 6-3, but that’s just me so I’d like to hear other opinions.

Finally, the main reason I’ll be signing the petition is because I’m tired of special interest groups getting preferential treatment. If the noise ordinance law says 8am-10pm, that should be enforced for everyone. I don’t like when governments pick and choose who the law applies to.

121 Antler June 9, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Mike Reno at #108 …… I like your post…thanks!