The Statewide Primary Election is Today

June 3, 2014 · 29 comments

elections

Don’t forget to vote in the Statewide Primary Election today.

If you need more information on where to vote, or if you need any other information on voting, please click on the image shown above.

Polls open at 7am and close at 8pm.

As of today in Contra Costa County, we have a total of 528,422 registered voters. 260,579 are democrat, 127,612 are republican and 140,231 belong to a party other than democrat or republican.

voted1

1 annon June 3, 2014 at 7:18 AM

You can’t complain if you don’t vote. Voting = Free Speech.
Get out and Vote.

2 Michelle June 3, 2014 at 7:33 AM

I’m definitely voting today.

3 Walnut Creek Resident June 3, 2014 at 7:52 AM

Go Dems!!!

4 Shasta Daisy June 3, 2014 at 8:19 AM

I voted!

5 eyewhen June 3, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Only half million registered? Wow, seems low for the whole County

6 @eyewhen June 3, 2014 at 9:23 AM

Not necessarily. That’s roughly half of the county’s population. When you consider maybe a quarter is under 18 (25% at the 2010 census), that means about two-thirds of the voting-age population is registered. That’s pretty average nationwide.

7 @1 June 3, 2014 at 10:27 AM

I can complain as much as I want to, whether I drink the Kool Aid or not

8 California Nightmare June 3, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Of course turn out is pathetic. We live in a one party state. Democrats have had majorities in both houses of the legislature for over 40 consecutive years, and local governments in our area are no better.

I will continue to cast my protest vote as Democrats continue to run good businesses out of state, burden people with absurd and conflicting regulations, release criminals early, and pander to the following cherished constituencies:
monopoly government unions
homosexual activists
ambulance chasing trial lawyers
earth-worshiping environmentalists
abortionists
Those who depend on big government for their livelihood.

9 tired of taxes June 3, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Generally speaking, if the choice was between: “tails I win” and “heads you lose” voting either way does not matter. Voting does not equal free speech if the choices have been limited.

Voting in such a case only counts you as one of the idiots who think they’ve done their part in making the world a better place.
Voter turnout numbers == statistic for the number of idiots who think they’ve made a difference.

But that is generally speaking. Of course, the conscientious and discerning voter has already done their homework and determined if the issues and the choices are valid and takes the appropriate action (voting for a legitimate election or abstaining and not participating in a fraudulent election).

10 WC June 3, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Vote ‘em all out. Some of these candidates have been around too long, switching positions. It’s disgusting, all while the roads, schools, infrastructure are crumbling. Have you seen any of them writing legislation to fix any of that? No, because special interests don’t care about those things.

11 Dorothy June 3, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I vote by mail. Not really, I hand deliver my ballot to make sure it gets to where it needs to go.

I reminded my grandchild to vote today. She said she didn’t have time. I should disown that one…

12 I always vote by mail June 3, 2014 at 11:58 AM

while I know very well that my vote will not matter. I only once voted for anyone who won, 99% of the other stuff I vote opposite the general population.

Does my vote count? Probably not, one vote more or less does little.

But I do vote because its my duty as an American Citizen. Just a very small part of the price of freedom. Something so many refuse to pay or even acknowledge.

13 Vandy June 3, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Republicans will do anything they can to convince people in a left-leaning area that voting doesn’t matter. When in fact voting does matter a lot. It is one of the freedoms that was earned the hard way. Everyone who is able to vote should vote just to honor those who died to grant us this freedom. Another way to vote is with our pocketbook. In a left-leaning state a liberal voter may think “my vote doesn’t count”. But you can visit the polls, exercise your right to vote, and then go patronize a small local store instead of a big box store. You can buy organic produce from a farmers market instead of a big agriculture food store. You can hire a local skilled worker to build things instead of ordering prefabricated things from a factory. Rather than pass laws to force people to live better, we can make choices that make life better, keep money in the local economy, protect the environment, and support sustainable food production. The pocketbook can have more voting power than the voting booth.

14 Triple Canopy June 3, 2014 at 12:32 PM

@13… Gee whiz Vandy. You write about making choices yet the left leaners reduce choices by “knowing what is good for me” which in the end costs more money and reduces my quality of life.

15 Tom June 3, 2014 at 12:33 PM

I hand deliver my vote by mail as well. After many years at the polls, it works for me.

When I was younger, I believed in “getting out the vote.” I no longer believe that. It will skew the election. People that write in “Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck” shouldn’t bother to vote because they don’t care, and they don’t take elections seriously.

One day I hope everyone cares, but it’s not going to happen. If you don’t care, couldn’t care less about politics, propositions, etc., don’t vote. Only vote if you take it seriously.

16 macawlady June 3, 2014 at 12:50 PM

I voted. My husband did not, which really irritates me.

Remember, if you don’t vote, you can’t complain about who wins the election. (Just kidding.)

17 mutts June 3, 2014 at 12:52 PM

People are too stupid to know that voting really is a sacred duty. Just as well.

18 jtkatec June 3, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Go Whigs!!

19 Concord Guy June 3, 2014 at 3:46 PM

Some rules of thumb for myself when voting:

–If a candidate is a Democrat who has served in the California legislature, I am highly inclined to vote against them no matter how qualified they are. These people are to blame for the state’s financial mess that we are still climbing out of. And they have never met a tax they didn’t like.
–My default vote on any bond measure is to vote no. I have to have compelling reasons to vote yes. Voters forget that the cost of a bond has to be paid off by taxpayers. Double the cost of the bond that is being voted on. That is the payoff amount. Our state budget is heaviily weighted down by paying off bond debt.
–I never base my vote on any information provided by a television, radio or printed ad. Political advertising across the political spectrum is full of lies and distortions.
–When voting for school board, city council or board of supervisors, I research the extent to which unions contribute to a candiate. Union friendly incumbents usually set up sweetheart deals with unions on capital projects, which means projects tend to be more expensive to taxpayers.
–I always vote, no matter how small or insignificant the election is. It is my obligation to our democracy.

20 Dennis June 3, 2014 at 4:20 PM

How like a banana republic we’ve become, with only one name on the ballot for which we can vote – or not. Even one vote re-elects. I’d rather see NOONE elected, and have the office empty until the next election, rather than see the re-election of a candidate in a gerrymandered district running unopposed.

21 funny man June 3, 2014 at 5:06 PM

just droped off my mailin ballot.

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THATS HOLY,
will someone please run against banzai Bonilla!

22 Atticus Thraxx June 3, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Nothing lonelier than polling place in June.

23 lyn June 3, 2014 at 7:07 PM

There was someone as a write-in against Bonilla, Joy Delepine. Hopefully she generated enough to come in 2nd and give Bonilla a little competition in the Fall. Joy worked hard the last several weeks getting her name out, but write-in is nearly impossible. And, yes, I was shocked at the number of offices (state-wide, for example, and county) with NO ONE as a 2nd candidate, no one. I have totally given up on California. I mostly voted because I always do, and to vote against the bond measures.

24 Michelle June 3, 2014 at 8:03 PM

I voted.

25 Marianne June 3, 2014 at 9:39 PM

I think I was the last to vote in the city. Everyone should have voted today, I hope there was a good turnout.

26 Anon June 3, 2014 at 10:36 PM

I voted, however as I speak English, I had to vote absentee.

27 GoAndVote June 4, 2014 at 7:32 AM

I voted absentee. Makes it so much easier to vote.

28 What security June 4, 2014 at 10:00 AM

The Dems handed the republicans another message.
Looks like they are getting on board their “guy” is moderate LOL
They will do anything to get elected so they can strip away rights, laws just so they can line their pockets with more cash.

They were against child labor laws, min-wage, and the list goes on.
LONG LIVE King Brown!!!

29 JWB June 4, 2014 at 10:20 AM

@ Dennis #20

“How like a banana republic we’ve become, with only one name on the ballot for which we can vote ”

So how come you didn’t run for office?

Right, I forgot, you like the rest of your buddies here on Claycord just sit on you behind cash your government entitlements and spread your silly right wing talking points, not much of a platform to run on ………