PIC: Rollover Vehicle Collision on Willow Pass Rd. Near Sunvalley

June 3, 2014 · 23 comments

crash

Concord Police are clearing a crash on Willow Pass near the Sunvalley Mall.

The crash occurred a little before 5pm. It is unknown what caused the crash, and it appears nobody received any life-threatening injuries.

Please use caution if you’re in the area.

Thanks to Victor for the picture!

1 Not Surprised June 3, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Willow Pass stretching from Market St. to CC Blvd. is a NIGHTMARE. Cars weaving in and out of lanes trying to find the freeway or speed past slower drivers (which is hilarious considering how many traffic lights there are).

I’m amazed there aren’t more accidents here.

2 Bill June 3, 2014 at 5:20 PM

What, no fire hydrant damaged?? Amateur!!

3 2nd ACCIDENT THERE IN A MONTH June 3, 2014 at 5:29 PM

or maybe more? I was about 45 seconds away from this and had people running back and forth on the road trying to help. Is this because of the red light running people or something about the turning lanes… what ever it is it sure is not a safe area to drive during the later commute time. I’ll put my money on a red light runner… there was a car on the opposite side of the street stopped and with damage to it’s front end. Anyone see this?

4 Jerk June 3, 2014 at 5:32 PM

The Daily Fl!p!

5 Ted K., SuperMax June 3, 2014 at 5:47 PM

The SUV was tired and decided to take a nap on the side of the road.

6 Sure glad everyone is OK June 3, 2014 at 5:48 PM

I just don’t know how a car can roll on a flat street.

I guess if someone hits the curb hard enough…..

7 Mike June 3, 2014 at 5:50 PM

“Damn liberal drivers! Thanks, Obama!” – usual commenters

8 Nelson Muntz June 3, 2014 at 6:20 PM

The bet the fire hydrants were worried.

9 juan garcia June 3, 2014 at 7:16 PM

I was the one involved in the crash, I was exiting sunvalley mall taking a left onto willow pass, when the guy in the Ford escape ran the red light at a high speed, was airborne and rolled.

10 ClayDen June 3, 2014 at 7:54 PM

So the SUV swerved and rolled?

11 kedean June 3, 2014 at 8:11 PM

WOW, in a hurry to get there faster. . did you? Doesn’t look like it.
Juan, I hope you and any passengers are safe and free from injury.
Slow down folks!

12 @ juan garcia June 3, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Hope that you are not injured and are safe. Too many idiot red light runners these days. They seem to think that it’s okay. I wonder if this collision will change this nimrod’s behavior?

13 Connie Dobbs June 3, 2014 at 8:32 PM

For a brief moment there he escaped gravity.

14 Fred-Up June 3, 2014 at 9:00 PM

People just need to drive faster and faster.

15 bluebird June 3, 2014 at 9:21 PM

There is no way running a red light at high speed causes an automobile to “go airborne” and roll over. We seem to be missing a step.

Just today I ran a red light and my truck did not “go airborne”. I managed to keep all four tires touching the pavement at the same time. ;)

16 anon June 3, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Look both ways before crossing street. Don’t depend on the traffic lights to protect you.

17 Mother of 3 June 3, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Remember the guy that overturned his vehicle by Sunvalley over not wanting to spill his coffee?? How funny would it be if it was the same guy.

18 You guys don't know June 3, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Sorry to break it to y’all but the guy who rolled his car is okay. Thanks for asking. He WAS NOT speeding, Juan. Ask the cops. It’s a weird intersection and mistakes are made. Thankfully everyone walked away.

19 Sara June 3, 2014 at 9:47 PM

@Juan – I saw the accident. I hope you and the other driver & any passengers are ok.

The Ford clearly ran a red light. I don’t understand how it rolled over multiple times but I don’t think I would buy a Ford Escape after what I saw today.

Be careful out there folks!

20 wtf June 3, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Tire recall coming soon to a city near you!

21 ClayDen June 3, 2014 at 10:27 PM

Sounds like another case of a high center of gravity vehicle obeying the laws of physics.

Friends don’t let friends drive SUVs (unless they understand vehicle dynamics and the limitations of the vehicle they are driving, which most of them clearly do not).

22 juan garcia June 4, 2014 at 1:14 AM

i was in the right lane of the two lanes that turn left onto willow pass, there was a car/truck to my left, so i really didn’t have a chance to see any incoming cars, or worry about any, since the light for the drivers getting out of sunvalley was green. fortunate i was driving alone, and it all happened so fast, i didnt have anytime to press on the brakes. and from what i heard when the cops were talking to each other is just that the guy in the ford was speeding and ran a red light.

23 Hydramt Management June 4, 2014 at 6:58 AM

Fire Hydrants: conspicuous in their absence