Woman Groped Behind CVS on Clayton Rd.

June 2, 2014 14:17 pm · 29 comments

Concord Police are searching for a suspect after a woman reported she was groped while walking near CVS on Clayton Rd. (near the Concord BART station) in Concord.

The report came in just after 2pm. The suspect is described as a black male adult in his 20s with a thin build, a short sleeve polo shirt and dark khaki pants.

He was last seen running behind CVS.

No physical injuries were reported.

No other information is available at this time.

{ 29 comments }

1 Shelly June 2, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Hmmm. BEHIND CVS, eh?

2 JPEG June 2, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Suspect descriptions on claycord don’t change much!

3 I feel badly for the woman June 2, 2014 at 2:48 PM

but I would never walk behind CVS. That stretch of street is crawling scum.

4 Anon June 2, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Go Go Big O!

5 Blink June 2, 2014 at 3:31 PM

At 2pm you can’t walk to a neighborhood store…yes the scum is there and I don’t go there after 6pm but it’s deplorable that it happened and then that comments make it her fault….doesn’t say she was behind store says near to (Concord Bart ) cvs clayton rd…..getting to point you can’t walk alone in downtown…yikes!

6 Blink June 2, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Oh dumb me …read article closer than headline…

7 jtkatec June 2, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Doesn’t say she was walking BEHIND the CVS.

…”while walking near CVS on Clayton …”

And your statement “That stretch of street is crawling scum.” is so provincial.

8 CLAYCORD.com June 2, 2014 at 3:56 PM

The headline says she was walking behind CVS.

9 Elwood June 2, 2014 at 4:04 PM

That woman must be stopped from groping behinds!

10 Smart,Goodlooking&Debonaire June 2, 2014 at 4:59 PM

hopefully, this will not prevent us from embracing our section 8 community.

11 mad as hell June 2, 2014 at 5:50 PM

Makes no difference where this woman was walking this should NOT happen !! And its not the womans fault !!

12 PO'd June 2, 2014 at 6:12 PM

What? A perv hanging around next to a BART station? Say it ain’t so.

13 alex June 2, 2014 at 6:42 PM

my sister carries tazer gun with her. i would also carry some pepper spray. that stuff works really really well.

spray them in the face and then kick them in the face.

14 Coggins Square June 2, 2014 at 7:46 PM

I lived in that neighborhood between 1998-2011, and I can’t say how glad I am to be away from there now.

15 Kelly Anne June 2, 2014 at 8:02 PM

I was in cvs one day in the back of the store when I heard a noise. I turned around and a black guy was standing there.He then pulled his pants down(luckily he had on boxers) scared the hell out of me. Then he said sorry & walked away.it was strange. Then they caught him shop lifting but let him go.i think he was touched in the head.

16 NRA #1 fan and member June 2, 2014 at 9:12 PM

@ #2 you’re right about that.

Makes you wonder if victims are just making up suspect descriptions…….then again look at the jail population —– the truth hurts

17 Ancient Mariner June 2, 2014 at 9:45 PM

@ Mad As Hell No. 11:
Suppose I decide to walk through the bad, bad part of town counting my money. I have a big wad of banknotes, thousands of dollars, and I count it out loud, ostentatiously, “Nine hundred … one thousand … eleven hundred”. Imagine all the eyes on me – all the pimps and prostitutes, muggers and murderers, just looking at that money, coming out of the shadows towards me.
Do I have the right to do that? Yes, of course. I have the right to walk down the street in the bad part of town counting a large sum of money and not be robbed.
But is it a good idea? You know it isn’t.
Perhaps this woman should have exercised more prudence in deciding where to walk alone.

18 Potential Concord Resident June 3, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Is between Clayton and Cowell and Oakland ave and Coventry Way really that bad of an area? I’m thinking of moving to this area.

19 Antler June 3, 2014 at 12:59 AM

2 o’clock in the afternoon.

Location near a shopping center,
a BART station,
in downtown Concord…

And not more than a few blocks from the Concord Police Station itself.

This entire area needs to be ACTIVELY patrolled by the police!

20 BEHINDcvs June 3, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Why walk BEHIND CVS? I wouldn’t walk behind anything. Too secluded and not safe. Wouldn’t even go walking or jogging without my dogs and I wouldn’t even take them behind anywhere either. Too many oddfreaks about.

On a side slightly non related note…I think the military draft should be reinstated, Joining the military does wonders for wayward people and has changed the lives for many in a positive way. Many people would benefit from doing a 2 year stint in the military. Would help many to clean up their lives and give them a purpose.

21 mad as hell June 3, 2014 at 8:27 AM

@ Ancient Mariner
Your scenario is just plain silly . The CVS store is not in “a bad,bad part of town” (at 2pm….please !) . Apparently you haven’t been around much !
Yes I agree there is scum everywhere .

22 Marianne June 3, 2014 at 8:40 AM

She’s going to find the perp and sue, no doubt. lol

23 Tom June 3, 2014 at 10:07 AM

@ Ancient Mariner——17

Woman can walk behind CVS at 2 p.m. You, on the other hand might want to stay indoors.

24 Antler June 3, 2014 at 10:22 AM

# 18 ….. Yes, it is REALLY that bad of an area!

25 Antler June 3, 2014 at 10:26 AM

# 20 …… There is a street with houses on it directly behind CVS. IF that’s even where she was walking.

26 ifONLYcopsWERENTsoLAZY&SCARED June 3, 2014 at 10:27 AM

cops would rather sit behind a bush in a nicer neighborhood and hope someone runs a red light while they play on their phones than to do what they are suposed to be doing “patrolling” the bad areas to help things like this not to happen. Stop all the lazy cops from sitting behind bushes to avoid confrontation with actual criminals, they dont want to confornt a meth head or anyone on the street acting weird and possiblly risking their life when they could sit behind a bush and within 2 hrs they could catch a person running a stop sign. SMH. do your jobs you worthless cops and PATROL the bad areas

27 PO'd June 3, 2014 at 11:06 AM

mad@#21 & Tom@#23- I agree that you SHOULD be able to walk behind CVS at Terminal Center, however, your risk assessment would need to be correct. It doesn’t have to be 105th Ave in Oakland to be dangerous.
There is no doubt that downtown Concord has been transformed into a higher risk environment, and that extends to areas adjacent to BART stations.Police can’t be everywhere.
Look at the BART crime report above, and crime reports in general posted in these pages, and it is clear that BART stations import crime into adjacent areas.
Coupled with Sec. 8, gang activity, AB109 early releases, it is obvious that there is greater risk here than say 20 years ago.Be careful out there.
“Yes, I agree there is scum everywhere” pretty much sums it up

28 Ancient Mariner June 3, 2014 at 11:22 AM

@ Tom 23:
Apparently, this one couldn’t.

29 Idiocracy June 3, 2014 at 11:24 AM

#26 Very true! I commend the officers that actually try to clean up our areas with all these weirdos/mental nut cases and junkies that waltz around like zombies. The services that the local police provide are not up to par period. Concord needs more police and actual foot patrols. Maybe we need to rethink how we enforce crime