One Person Injured During Balcony Fire at Apartment Complex in Concord

May 26, 2014 · 8 comments

One person received burns to the feet after a BBQ caught a balcony on fire at an apartment complex on Clayton Rd. in Concord, near Detroit Ave.

The injuries were not life-threatening, and the small fire was quickly extinguished.

1 Lorenzo barojas May 26, 2014 at 9:12 PM

I saw all the firefighters

2 Melissa May 26, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Seriously. All those police and firefighters I thought it was either a checkpoint or another shooting.

3 Triple Canopy May 26, 2014 at 9:27 PM

The result from a lack of intelligence… wait til they try to fry a turkey.

4 57 Chevy May 26, 2014 at 9:53 PM

My wife and I were doing some volunteer work, and we met a young guy that lives in that area (off Detroit).

He said they “weren’t allowed to barbeque” at his apt. complex. I had never heard of “not allowing to barbeque”, but I took him at his word.

That being said, I now see where the apt. manager was coming from. Wow.

5 KenInConcord May 26, 2014 at 10:10 PM

You burned your foot on a George Forman Grill!!!! The best episode of Office ever!!!!

6 CallOfDuty May 27, 2014 at 2:00 PM

BBQ aka lighting up

7 Kelly Anne May 27, 2014 at 3:15 PM

I think you just can’t use charcoal fires on balconys. When I lived in an apt yrs ago,I barbecued with my gas one all the time. Mayor, do you know the rules for this?

8 Rose May 27, 2014 at 4:13 PM

I used to bbq on my balcony all the time.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: