Memorial Day – A Day to Remember Our Fallen U.S. Service Members

May 26, 2014 · 10 comments

1 Patiot May 26, 2014 at 8:10 AM

Bless everybody that fought and died to keep America free and safe.

I bet they are rolling around in their graves watching what is happening to our great country.

This administration is the worst thing that ever happened to America.

2 mutts May 26, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Beautiful. Thank you, soldiers.

3 Hockeymom May 26, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Rest in peace Bobby…..I miss you!

4 Joatmon May 26, 2014 at 9:44 AM

TO ALL THE MEN AND WOMEN WHO GAVE THEIR EVERYTHING FOR MY FREEDOM, MUCH LOVE AND RESPECT FROM MY INNER KINGDOM

MEMORIAL POEM:

I took an oath to protect our nation, a dangerous job that’s not a vacation.

not just a job an adventure they said, the few and the proud were the words we are fed.

It may take me far from family and friend, unforsaking our country I swore to defend.

I ask for no parade or honor or glory, only to return home so I may tell of my story.

we’ll fight for our country we’ll shed our blood, we ask not to be treated as a common thug

Of the men and women that fight so we can be free, your love and respect is our only plea.

We may only return with a flag over our head, and not to our memories of our warm comfy bed.

A monument in honor of the sacrifice made, in a field of my brothers and sisters where I may be laid.

But if I should survive the turmoils and trife and return to our country to continue my life.

Show respect for those present and future and past, and may God bless us all with his love everlast.

5 foonman May 26, 2014 at 10:22 AM

May GOD Bless the many fallen that we old men send to war……………..

6 spudly May 26, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Well done video, thank you Claycord.

@1… Patiot? Just my preference, but I’ve long felt that partisan wankery should be suspended on Memorial Day, along with draping one’s self with the corpses of the fallen and presuming to speak for them.

7 Very Greatful May 26, 2014 at 2:24 PM

To my grand father who lost his life in WW, and my father and brothers and his sister, growing up without a father. And all it did to their family. Also my Uncle Jimmy who went to Viet Nam and was a tunnel rat and had agent orange sprayed on him and died a horrible death a few years after coming home to a less that heroes welcome. He told me stories of being a tunnel rat. Unbelievable. Then what happened, and when he got home. And also how the VA treated him. He is my hero. As is my grandfather, who is an actual WW 2 war hero two times. And also very grateful to all the others who gave their lives for America in all wars, and the families also who suffered. I would like to post a photo of my grandfathers grave on Claycord but I am sure many died from this area. Seeing it makes it all that much more real. War is hell, not only for the solider, but the families…. We paid a dear price for our freedoms. Never take them for granted. Ever..

8 John94521 May 26, 2014 at 2:47 PM

Today was a typical day of celebration for my wife and I. Every year we give Thanks to those who have given service to OUR country and give prayers to all who gave their lives for our freedoms. My wife lost her only brother, Greg in the fighting in Vietnam. I served my time in the Army in Vietnam and am Grateful for every day. We wake up in the morning, give a prayer of Love, and spend the day together. I wear my Vietnam baseball hat to help those that might forget why we have this special day. Sometimes people say “Thank You for your service” and I reply “Thank You for your support”. We have a Big flag that we hang out front of our house and I salute it with Pride. We like to go to breakfast at a great little restaurant called “Min’s” in Concord. Today happened to be an extra special day in that when we had finished our meal, I asked the waitress for the check and she said that the check “Had been paid in Full”. A Radom act of Kindness that will not be forgotten and we both cried. We don’t know who you are but we are Thankful for you because this is what OUR country is all about.

9 Aunt Bee May 26, 2014 at 3:20 PM

I wish the City Council would understand the value of our vets, and really look to the future as to what is best for our city and country. STOP BS projects and focus on real basic values.

10 Thankful May 26, 2014 at 3:43 PM

To all the veterans who gave their lives for this country and to those who are still giving.