Man Assaulted During Robbery in Concord on Sunday Night

May 26, 2014 · 18 comments

A person was robbed and assaulted on the BART trail across from Olivera Rd. near the N. Concord BART station in Concord just after 9pm on Sunday night.

The suspect is described as a black male juvenile, who hit the victim in the back of the head and took his shoes and cell phone. Another suspect, a Hispanic male, was also seen.

The victim received non-life-threatening injuries during the robbery.

1 Princess May 26, 2014 at 6:05 PM

The same thing happen to one of our hotel guest and was hit on the side of the head and they didn’t take his watch. Concord Bart.

2 et-al May 26, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Bernerd Getz we need you.

3 Don Sterling May 26, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Statistics don’t lie.

4 JPEG May 26, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Don Sterling, I thought you were banned for life.

5 justice May 26, 2014 at 8:49 PM

..and this is why you should carry a gun.

6 furian May 26, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Took his shoes?

What is this, the early 90’s?

7 Zamora May 26, 2014 at 8:58 PM

If obama had a son, he would look like the perp.

8 WD99 May 27, 2014 at 12:08 AM

The victim was my son. He was walking home with friends from 7-11 on the BART trail. There were two females with the suspects, one white, one Hispanic, each about 5′ who distracted my son and his friends, setting them up for the attack. My son was sucker punched in the back of the head by the black male who was close to 6′ and about 17 years old. Possibly with cornrows or short dread locks, dark skinned with baseball cap. Hispanic male same height with hair slicked back. The Hispanic male threatened my son’s friends with a knife so they could not help. The suspects had been hanging out in front of Burger King just prior and followed my son across Port Chicago. If anyone saw anything please call the Concord PD. Let’s get these thugs put away before it happens to anyone else. Thanks.

9 Ms. Litella May 27, 2014 at 8:52 AM

eww! corn rows. eww, eww, eww!
oh just once it would be nice to hear that the victim was a trained marine, or hand to hand combat fighter. Is there anyone trained out there that is bored lately? The bart is always a good area for action.

10 anon May 27, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Problem; Even if these thugs are caught, they will be let loose. and there’s a hundred more like them.
Solution; “Look! God came with his holy myriads,  to execute judgment against all, and to convict all the ungodly concerning all their ungodly deeds that they did in an ungodly way, and concerning all the shocking things that ungodly sinners spoke against him.” Jude 14, 15

11 WD99 May 27, 2014 at 9:07 AM

One other point about the attack on my son. The Concord Police responded almost immediately and were there within a minute. I can’t thank the PD enough for all they did that night. We are fortunate to have such a dedicated police department here. I have no doubt they will get these attackers soon. Again, my sincere thanks to them.

12 Dr. Jellyfinger® May 27, 2014 at 9:08 AM

They’ve got a couple of young girls with them, so……..
Assuming the shoes might be a bit too large, little bit loose,
All that’s left on the happy list is to find a warm place to relieve themselves.

13 57 Chevy May 27, 2014 at 10:03 AM

@WD99—–#8,11

I’m sorry this happened to your son, and hope he’s all right. Glad CPD responded immediately.

His shoes? These guys need to be caught. The more they get away with it, the more they’ll continue.

14 Kinda old guy May 27, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Dr. J, Thank you Earl Butz.

15 GoGo Gomez May 27, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Let’s set a sting up..I’m down for a fight!

16 Fig Newton May 28, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Go Go Gomez,,,,,,,,,,,,,that’s a great idea,,,,,,,,,,,,,The pain those two suspects would endure!!!!!!!!

17 The Vivtim May 28, 2014 at 9:13 PM

I was the one that got jumped by the two men. What the article does not include is that I’m also juvenile, and that I was with two friends when it all happened. The Latin male held a knife to my two friends while I was Hit in the side of the head by the African American, in a “Knockout Game” fashion. I was jumped for a new pair of Jordans and the Smartphone I had with me. I know the two weren’t the brightest bulbs in the tanning bed because the failed to take the phones that both my friends had. One of my friends was wearing a back pack and even that didn’t get taken. I was only targeted for my shoes. The phone was a last minute decision by the Attacker. I immediately called the police and they showed up almost immediately. So yeah, thank’s to the Concord PD.

18 holbrook May 29, 2014 at 3:11 AM

Victim- Carry a bright pocket light with you. 80 lumens or more. Your friends too. Keep them in you pocket at all times. You want something like a surfire G2, with a thumb switch on the back that fits in your hand like a roll of quarters.

One quick flash to the eyes will blind somebody for a good 30 seconds. That will give you time to fight or flee, depending on the situation. They’re also just really handy to have at night and 80 lumen will light up road signs 1/4 mile way. You can find those or something similar at frys.

Sorry you got jumped. I’ve been there before.