Bedroom Fire Extinguished in N. Concord

May 24, 2014 · 14 comments

ConFire extinguished a bedroom fire on Natoma Dr. in Concord on Saturday night just after 9:30.

The fire was contained to the bedroom, and no injuries were reported, according to ConFire.

Natoma Dr. is off Willow Pass, southwest of Lynwood Dr.

1 Phoenyx May 24, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Glad it was contained to one room… that explains all the emergency vehicles I saw flying down Willow Pass earlier.

2 Smoky the bear May 24, 2014 at 9:58 PM

smoker

3 Redd Foxx May 24, 2014 at 10:11 PM

My girlfriend asked “Redd, do you smoke after sex?’
And I said “I don’t know…. I never looked”.

4 oh belvedere May 24, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Good ‘ol fire department! Always puttin’ out fires n junk. What’s not to love?

5 Phoenyx May 24, 2014 at 10:30 PM

Could have been unattended candles.

And if you smoke after sex, you’re doing it too fast. ;)

6 I hate Prius cars May 24, 2014 at 11:37 PM

It could have been meth.

7 Everyone is safe May 24, 2014 at 11:47 PM

The fire started in the back bedroom as a result of a faulty night light. It sparked and ignited some papers below it then jumped to the mattress, etc. The renters in the home acted quickly and contained the fire until the fire dept showed up. Only thing damaged was that room and their belongings in that room. From what I heard, there was only one or two smoke detectors in the entire house though, with none being in any of the bedrooms. If you own a home or are renting; please install smoke detectors, in every bedroom and hallway plus a carbon monoxide detector. Also if you use night lights, check them periodically as well as the smoke detectors.
Thanks.

8 94598 May 25, 2014 at 9:29 AM

This should be a wake up call for insurance companies- add one more item to the non-covered list on policies– fires started by nightlights are not covered
:-)

9 jrconcord May 25, 2014 at 3:59 PM

@94598
what about fires caused by hot sex? ;-)

10 Cowellian May 25, 2014 at 7:56 PM

psst, jrconcord,
You’re doing it wrong.

11 ElliotRoger May 25, 2014 at 8:05 PM

I am sure it is Meth related, being that area.

12 57 Chevy May 25, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Does anybody do it like they did in high school or college?

13 Suzie May 25, 2014 at 8:19 PM

@57 Chevy
Probably just me…I’m so old fashioned.

14 ElliotRoger May 25, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Do not fall for that! Watch for bugs…

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: