Dozens of Balloons Released at Heather Farm Park in Memory of Boy Struck & Killed by Vehicle

May 23, 2014 14:03 pm · 14 comments

balloons balloons2 balloons3

Dozens of balloons were released at Heather Farm Park in Walnut Creek today in memory of 3-year-old Ryan Saldana, who was struck and killed by a vehicle in Southern California this month.

Ryan’s Grandma is an ER nurse at John Muir in Walnut Creek, her friends and family released the balloons just before 1pm today.

Rest in Peace, little Ryan. Our thoughts & prayers are with Ryan and his family.

{ 14 comments }

1 Honor May 23, 2014 at 2:22 PM

How about you leave the grieving grandma alone. Sad how far you will go with negativity.

2 JET May 23, 2014 at 2:28 PM

That is such a nice tribute. My condolences to Ryan’s grandma as well as his family and friends. I just can’t even imagine losing a child. RIP little man.

(to the other prior posters – there is something seriously wrong with you that you find it necessary to criticize this….a little boy died for God’s sake. Have some respect)

3 JET May 23, 2014 at 2:31 PM
4 57 Chevy May 23, 2014 at 2:32 PM

This is a very nice thing to do in memory of Ryan.

5 an angel in the sky * May 23, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Beautiful. I would have been there if I wasn’t at work. Much love to his family. Ryan I didn’t know you.. Or your family but from photos I’ve see… You are a beautiful Angel in heaven now.

I let balloons off all the time for people who have passed away I will release some red ones soon for you little Ryan!

6 Bishop Estates May 23, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Really people, a young boy lost his life and friends are there to support his Grandmother and all you can post is negative comments.

7 Marsha May 23, 2014 at 3:06 PM

A few released balloons, what’s the harm?

8 GoodMusic May 23, 2014 at 3:11 PM
9 martizian May 23, 2014 at 3:12 PM

wow.. people will complain about anything.. god speed little man. rip

10 Anon May 23, 2014 at 3:49 PM

@18 A kid died, if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say and go to the next story.

11 Cowellian May 23, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Red Balloons for Ryan honors Ryan Saldana, 3, killed in California
ABC 7 Chicago: http://abc7chicago.com/archive/9531410/
_____________________________________________

Online community rallies behind blogging mom after death of 3-year-old son
Deseret News: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865602609/Online-community-rallies-behind-blogging-mom-after-death-of-3-year-old-son.html?pg=all

12 gonzo May 23, 2014 at 9:12 PM

so sad

13 SnappleQueen May 23, 2014 at 11:26 PM

I can’t even imagine the grief this family must be suffering. Many, many thoughts and prayers sent their way as they try to put their life back together.

14 Road King Terry May 24, 2014 at 6:00 AM