Concord Man Drowns at Lake Berryessa

May 19, 2014 12:41 pm · 105 comments

A Concord man apparently drowned Sunday after he jumped from a rock into the water at Lake Berryessa, a Napa County sheriff’s captain said today.

Edward Pinelli, 27, was camping with friends at the lake when the group went swimming around 3:30 p.m. in the area of Pope Creek Bridge, sheriff’s Capt. Doug Pike said.

Pinelli jumped from a large rock into water that was 30-35 feet deep and never resurfaced, Pike said.

Sheriff’s deputies responded and called the sheriff’s office’s Marine Unit, while a California Highway Patrol helicopter also flew over the area, Pike said.

The sheriff’s dive team recovered Pinelli’s body around 7 p.m. in the area where he was last seen, Pike said.

On holidays, a boom is installed at the lake to lower the water level and prevent boats from reaching the popular Pope Creek Bridge area, Pike said.

The boom was not yet installed Sunday in advance of the upcoming Memorial Day weekend, Pike said.

The sheriff’s office is reminding visitors to the lake that it isn’t safe to jump from a rock or bridge because of unseen rock outcroppings.

Pinelli’s death was the first drowning at the lake this season, Pike said.

1 Question May 19, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Offering my condolence to his friends and family. He was too young to pass.

2 Michelle May 19, 2014 at 1:01 PM

This is sad, prayers and condolences to his family and friends.

3 went to school with him May 19, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Damn he was a awesome guy always had fun and always had a smile on his face you will be greatly missed and many prayers to ur family and friends and especially your daughter may you rip and watch over us much love xoxo

4 CG May 19, 2014 at 1:17 PM

I worked at Prospect High where he graduated from. So very sad. He was always kind and treated me with respect.

5 Easy Rider May 19, 2014 at 1:17 PM

RIP. Years ago my neighbors 15 yr old son did the same stunt at Lake Berryessa. Made a 30 to 35 ft jump into the water and landed on submerged rocks. He died instantly. What a shame.

6 Teacher May 19, 2014 at 1:25 PM

I was one of his high school teachers. Such a shame and so sad. I remember that he was a good kid. His great grandfather was the umpire who called Don Larsen’s world series perfect game (Babe Pinelli)

7 Pleasant Hill Resident I May 19, 2014 at 1:27 PM

BAC should be irrelevant. A young man passed away in a way that could’ve happened to any person jumping off of a rock into a lake, sober or not. Families do this, children do, etc. It sounds like this could have been anyone. Unfortunately, it’s not the safest behavior and sometimes it does result in death.

Rest in peace.

8 Idiocracy May 19, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Totally sucks, guy was just trying to enjoy life and have some thrills. RIP

9 anon May 19, 2014 at 1:36 PM

May this young man R.I.P. To his daughter – my heart breaks that you will grow up without your daddy. So sad – The family will be in my prayers….@13 – hope Mr. Mayor removes your comment.

10 Rvoeltz May 19, 2014 at 1:40 PM

This story is just too familiar. Had a high school friend that was lost same place same way. So sad.

11 Lauren May 19, 2014 at 1:42 PM

RIP Eddie. You were a great guy and will be missed. I hope you find peace up there.
Please everyone only kind words. This is a really sad and tragic situation for his family and friends. Its disgusting to see people talking badly about someone who just lost their life. Shame on you.

-Lauren & Jared

12 WE LOVE YOU EDDIE May 19, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Rest in paradise, my friend.

13 Tracer03 May 19, 2014 at 1:53 PM

I’m glad to see that an attempt is being made to keep the comments in here respectable.

I’ve known Eddie, Lynn and Joe for 24 years. Unfortunately, this is the second tragedy to befall the family in recent memory… There’s not a whole lot more that can or should be said here.

It’s a terrible thing for a woman to have to bury a husband and a son. Please consider that before you post.
He is loved and will be missed.

14 Cody D May 19, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Sorry to hear tat. I honestly didn’t know you but my cousin did. R.I.P

15 saddened May 19, 2014 at 2:16 PM

So sad by this tragic accident. .. Eddie lived a fast life. CHS alum have lost so many in the last 5 years… praying that his family, especially his sweet daughter can find peace in knowing he is in a better place. RIP Eddie P. You were a great friend and neighbor.

16 Chris May 19, 2014 at 2:19 PM

I’m so sorry to his family and friends.

17 Concordejet May 19, 2014 at 2:24 PM

sad to see Eddie go I used to go to Lake Berryessa a lot to visit my family there. People are not being caution before jumping off the rock

18 Shelly May 19, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Aw, so sad. He sounds like a fun loving man who will be really missed. Sorry.

19 anon May 19, 2014 at 3:17 PM

@13 – from @9 – when I posted there was a really rude comment – the Mayor since has removed (thank goodness) – This was not meant for you. I am so sorry for your loss.

20 RIP May 19, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Prayers and good wishes to all his family and friends.

21 friend May 19, 2014 at 3:24 PM

ive known him since middle school and he was very chill and loved to live life. rip and lets say good things about him for his daughter’s sake!

22 chris flucus May 19, 2014 at 3:27 PM

I am really going to miss eddie P one of the coolest dudes I ever met, Love you bro and REST in paradise!

23 Marguerite Amato May 19, 2014 at 3:29 PM

So Sorry to hear about Eddie Pinelli he went to School with my Daighter April Amato. My prayers go out to His Family So Sorry for your Loss

24 CoCoOld May 19, 2014 at 3:29 PM

RIP Eddie. So sad after the way you had turned your life around. To his family, gosh, you guys have had a lot to deal with over the years. Stay strong and love the Pinellis still here. Hug Eddie’s little girl EVERY day.

25 anon May 19, 2014 at 3:39 PM

I became friends with Eddie around 2009..he used to take me on the back of his motorcycle and we’d ride up to Lake Berryessa, who would have thought that would be the same place of his death… he was trying hard to turn his life around for the better but was taken too soon.. Condolences to his sweet mother and baby girl….Rest in Peace.

26 Nikki P May 19, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Breaks my heart. I’ll be praying for family and friends to find the strength during this hard time.

27 Trevyn Haller May 19, 2014 at 4:04 PM

R.I.P. Eddie. I’m friends with his older brother amd Eddie himself. Guy was changing for the good and was taken way too soon. Eddie we will miss you at Softball and we will miss your laugh and smile.

28 Danielle May 19, 2014 at 4:08 PM

@claytonite unbelievable! A little girl is without her father now! Who are you to judge such a tragedy. As a classmate of his, I’m sending love to his family & poor little girl.

29 Courtney May 19, 2014 at 4:29 PM

I’m the mother of his baby girl and he was NOT stupid and I cannot believe you fools can talk about him that way! EVERYONE has bad behavior but don’t you dare talk negatively about him. He was my best friend, father of my daughter, good friend and loyal son and brother. Shame on anyone who talks this way about a man who just passed away yesterday. Go to church and do a few Hail Marys. Ugh.
I love you Eddie and Ava will always think the world of you. Take care of all of us from heaven. We still need you. I love you.

30 Courtney May 19, 2014 at 4:31 PM

And thank you to all of you others for you well wishes and condolences. He was do loved….and always will be.

31 CHS 95 May 19, 2014 at 4:35 PM

RIP Eddie P. Prayers to his family.

32 OG May 19, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Prayers and positive thoughts to his family.

33 josh caldwell May 19, 2014 at 4:58 PM

i love you buddy . can’t believe your gone, rest in peace man. deepest condolences to the family. always had much love for me and my family.

34 I never met the guy May 19, 2014 at 5:02 PM

But this is a tragedy, for sure. My thoughts are with the young family he left behind.

35 Ayla Marie May 19, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Dearest Eddie… I pray that u are at peace and hope u realize how dearly loved you were… You were one of a kind… My condolences to the family and his beautiful daughter… I’ve known you for 10+ years now and wouldn’t ever change any memory I get to share of you… If there’s anything we can all do I. Help Courtney out with miss ava and show nothing but love and support as we would want others to do for our loved ones if we passed… I never thought this day would come… U lived life to its fullest and were a risk taker but all in the good joy of life… U taught me how to live a lil too… Unfortunately we lost u in the mean time… RIP buddy I’ll be seeing you again one day❤️❤️

36 sarah May 19, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Eddie, you were my best friend I’m so sad, so lost I Don’t know what to do with myself. I can’t believe this is happening, you were such a good guy so loving, you were so full of life. I had so many good times with you.. man this sucks I never thought I’d have to be writing this for you. Rip Eddie pinell you were the best friend a girl could ask for, I will always remember you and never forget you. I love you forever!

37 Phoenyx May 19, 2014 at 5:29 PM

My condolences to his family and friends. So young…

38 Eddie in a nutshell May 19, 2014 at 6:02 PM
39 Just me May 19, 2014 at 7:12 PM

How exactly does a boom lower the water level of the lake? Can anyone explain this? I’ve never seen it before and rarely go to berryessa but I found the statement interesting

40 ClaytonPete May 19, 2014 at 7:16 PM

Wow. I have seen comments appear, then deleted. I have seen the #39 YouTube.com link which validates that this individual was a thug. Only the comments saying “RIP” or such are allowed.
What is happening to this site?

41 Ridgewalker May 19, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Whatever led up to the event, its still a tragedy. They used to dive off those rocks in the ’80s and ’90s when we used to go. So dangerous.RIP

42 Annalisa May 19, 2014 at 7:52 PM

I’ve known Eddie for 20 years as we have been neighbors. He is a truly amazing young man and was always so helpful to me and my family. My thoughts are with you Lynn and Joe and I am always here for you. I’m so sorry for your loss. We love you Eddie!!!!

43 Walnut Creek Resident May 19, 2014 at 8:15 PM

I am very sorry for this young man and his daughter and all of his family and friends. What a terrible accident. Take care all of you who love him and be
comforted with God’s love.

44 Maya Piñon May 19, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Eddie rest in peace, your journey of everlasting life has begun. Until we meet again, we’ll see you in our dreams.

45 anon May 19, 2014 at 8:37 PM

I’ll bet his neighbors don’t miss him!

46 Anon May 19, 2014 at 8:46 PM

So sad. 10 years ago I lost a dear friend on that very rock, in the exact same way. Eddie was friends with my brother. It’s time to make the rock off limits. Such a heart breaking story. RIP and prayers for the family.

47 Rachel Livingston May 19, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Eddie has been my family’s neighbor since we moved to concord in 2000 it’s very sad to hear this and he was always such a nice person towards myself and our family, he had a rough life but he always kept a smile on his face! My prayers go out towards his mother, daughter and close friends. Rip Eddie. Heaven received another angel.

48 SF_citygirl May 19, 2014 at 9:13 PM

My condolences to Eddie’s family & friends. RIP young man.

49 Maybe May 19, 2014 at 9:34 PM

My condolences to his family, friends and his daughter. Could have done without the YouTube performance!

50 Kirk May 19, 2014 at 9:38 PM

A good friend of mine died many years ago, I still see him in dreams, it’s always us, just hanging out like we did in high school, but I always have to ask him what it’s like to be “on the other side.” As soon as I do he just smiles a little and fades away. I always feel bad that I make him leave. But he always turns up a few weeks later. I’ve been having that dream for close to twenty years now. I think I’ll see him when I die.

51 mark maydal May 19, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Sorry to his daughter but eddie was nothing but a thug. “Rest of comment deleted.”

52 mark maydal May 19, 2014 at 9:49 PM

#41 pete
This site is being censored just like the rest of the internet

53 Yevette May 19, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Condolences and prayers to this young man and family. He didn’t even have a chance to live.

54 christine May 19, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Such a true tragedy about Eddie, My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. Eddie went to elementary school with my daughter and I always liked him. he will be missed by alot of people. Anyone who has anything negative to say about him, needs to really just look in the mirror first and Think before you speak !!

55 Marianne May 19, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Kirk, that’s a strange sort of happy/sad story. He must have been a good friend.

56 NLS May 19, 2014 at 10:49 PM

I am devastated by what I am reading. I know this family’s story well and cannot believe this tragedy. Lynn I am so sorry for your loss. You are in our prayers.

57 jordan May 19, 2014 at 11:12 PM

Man what sad day I am really going to miss you. You were a great friend, father, brother and son a person that is truly going to be missed more then you could’ve ever believed possible. It’s an unbelievable loss for many people. I pray that we meet again someday e.p. Eddie p. I won’t ever forget you REST IN PEACE I love you and glad to say you are my friend

58 Friend May 20, 2014 at 6:03 AM

Anyone know when and where services are?

59 Mee May 20, 2014 at 6:35 AM

@ClaytonPete, He was very local and family friends read this. He had a daughter. I think we should all be respectful, and not a time to trash people, especially when they are gone. And who is perfect. Is when a tragedy happens the time to bring up everyone’s dirty laundry? Or flaws? Because we all have them? I think in this case the Mayor is showing respect for the family and not allowing more than usual, if it was from outside the area. I could just imagine if something happens to me, and what would be said. Brought up. And half true probably, half lies, who knows. And me not here to defend myself and put my wife through even more hurt? I am 50. When I was in my 20’s I did a few things I am not proud of, but isn’t on youtube or in this modern age. He could also have been a great guy, honest, helped out, but may have had a couple flaws, so what. This is not the time or place to trash someone, especially who is not here to defend himself. Now I think that is what is really being a thug. A coward, trashing a man who is not here to defend himself is being the worst kind of thug. Just my opinion. Who here is perfect and would you want your flaws, mistakes all over a story about your death for your kids to read. Think about it. RIP Eddie.

60 Bob May 20, 2014 at 9:37 AM

the aboce says it all

“Nascar drivers peel out all day and do donuts as well that doesnt make them thugs”

They do it on the track–this guy did it on city streets — county jail would be too good for him.NASCAR are professionals. anyone knows not to jump off a rock – not knowing what is below. It he cared for his daughter he would have not done dangerous things. Run a tox screen.

61 @clayton nolan May 20, 2014 at 9:38 AM

ya ur right but the difference is that nascar drivers dont peel out in residential neighborhoods during the day where kids r playin….. use common sense bro….

62 Concord theivery May 20, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Nobody deserves to die like this, but man this dude was such a theif. Is it what it is. RIP

63 Foxbody50 May 20, 2014 at 9:59 AM

@#48 LMFAO NO LIE THERE. Sometimes the world is a better place without some things.

64 veteran May 20, 2014 at 10:04 AM

RIP Eddie P. he was a nice young man Im glad to have meet him. im sad to hear about this.

65 Tracer03 May 20, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Mark

If you’re so concerned with the level of censorship on the Internet, maybe you should’ve taken some time and told Eddie how you felt in person. You had years to do that… Maybe it slipped your mind? Maybe you’re a coward and you find it easier to bad mouth someone after they’re dead? I don’t know the answer… All I know is that your need to point out your negative opinion of him is pathetic.

66 Public safety ? May 20, 2014 at 11:08 AM

I’ve known 3 people that have died jumping off those rocks. Time to do something about it. What ever happened to public safety first !!

67 chase May 20, 2014 at 11:15 AM

I was in county jail with him about 6 months ago..all he talked about was changing his life for the better ..cant believe hes gone as tough as he was …rip eddie p.

68 doesntreallymatter May 20, 2014 at 11:53 AM

I’ve seen many sides of Eddie over the past 25 years. We had our differences, but, over the past few several years had developed what I choose to believe was a decent relationship and mutual respect for one another. To his many friends, let me repeat something I said to some of you in his garage a few years ago…take care of one another, which means you have one another’s back and front. If one is struggling or, doing the wrong thing, a true friend call his/her buddy on the carpet and demands better. If you’re on this site to criticize, this is neither the time nor place. Eddie – it’s great seeing how many people cared about you. It would have been even better for us to see you grow into the man so many of us hoped you would become. You left us much too soon. R.I.P.

69 Buick May 20, 2014 at 12:11 PM

RIP Eddie P. Damn so sad man.. Prayers go out to your daughter and family…. You will be missed but never forgotten about….. Know you watching over us now

70 Shocking May 20, 2014 at 1:20 PM

This man traumatized me my senior year of high school.. He was really going to hurt me if he had the chance. He tried to get into my car and told me he was gonna slap me as he pretended to shoot me… I held my horn down and the ladies as Eldorado chased him and got his photo. We then spent hours with police for them to say he was just a punk who was never going to stop. It’s crazy to me that’s this man is now gone and I’ll never have to worry about him doing something else to anyone like he did to me.

71 Shahrie King May 20, 2014 at 1:22 PM

First I want to request, If you don’t have anything nice to say, it’s best not to say anything at all. Those who insist, take your mask off and own your opinion.
Love him or hate him Eddie P, is someone that you won’t forget and people love to talk about. We have been friends since middle school and is friends of my brother as well. I have always enjoyed being around Eddie he put a smile on my face and made me laugh even if he was just yelling “Eddie P.” repeatedly until his voice was cracking. I haven’t really experienced any negative situations when I was around Eddie he was always there in a heartbeat if I needed…. there maybe was some bickering with friends but Eddie and some of the other boys always found a way to bring it back to positive atmosphere. Only heard about situations through gossip, but talk is cheap. Yeah he made mistakes, he was learning as we all do in our own time but who are we to pass judgment I doubt any of our hands are clean. Eddie life was cut short but at least he lived it, he did what he wanted when he wanted, made mistakes, learned from them,was getting on the path to do better for his daughter, he did good things, helped his peeps out, loved, had fun…. however you choose to see it good or bad he did what most of us either forgot how to do, don’t know how, or to cowardly to do so… to live. Now he is at the party that’s never ending reunited with family and friends watching us make our mistakes, without passing judgment until we arrive. I hope everyone especially the ones who know Eddie P. open your eyes, live your life don’t let it live you, have each others back, front, top, bottom… laugh, and love. You will be missed and always thought of R.I.P Eddie P. My condolences to his Family and daughter Ava, he loves you so much….

72 Disappointed May 20, 2014 at 1:58 PM

While I am truly sorry to hear of this loss I am very upset this site and it’s “Mayor” practice censorship.

My condolences to the friends and family of this person. I also offer them to the people who enjoy this site. My belief that this site was fair and impartial(ish) has died too.

73 green eyes May 20, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Eddie was a cool guy i met him through some one in my past he was cool and respectful to me every time i sow him.he did alwys have a smile on his face.yes peaple do make mistakes its called being humen as we all are at least most of us.cant believe that comments i am reading really peaple have some respect if it was you loved one you wouldnt like it.loss of life is the hardest part of living.i feel so bad for his family and his baby girl.i have a daughter the same age i couldnt imagin the pain that little girl and his family are feeling.god be with u all just know eddie will forever be with you all.he will start sending signs when the time is right.r.i.p eddie

74 anon May 20, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Was he trying to turn his life around before or after being in county jail?

75 Bob May 20, 2014 at 3:05 PM

“He was very local and family friends read this. He had a daughter. I think we should all be respectful, and not a time to trash people, especially when they are gone.”

Its a blog & many people have different opinions than you do — deal with it

76 Bob May 20, 2014 at 3:05 PM

“Was he trying to turn his life around before or after being in county jail?”

hahahhahhahah

77 mark maydal May 20, 2014 at 3:16 PM

@Tracer03
Ive told him many times how I felt. He did a lot of bad things to a lot of good people. I feel sorry for his daughter and family but eddie was far from a good and happy person.

78 57 Chevy May 20, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Sad. Guys have been jumping off this rock forever.

79 kegan young May 20, 2014 at 4:26 PM

1st off rip eddy p. 2nd what kinda “man” talks bad about one whos not around to defend himself..and nvr said nuthin when he was around..and when he does does it on a page where his friends are tryna remember all owr good memorys w him and on top of that u guys are annonimis? If u got sumthin bad to say about sone who just passed thats ur issue but to come here and post it is bs..this is for ppl that love and miss him not for u to make thangs worse and no one know whos sayn it..if u got somethi. To say be a man and out put ur name …

80 Tracer03 May 20, 2014 at 4:29 PM

Mark…

In case you hadn’t caught on, the people you claim to feel sorry for are the ones that are reading these posts, not Eddie.

Whatever point you somehow feel you’re entitled to make simply because you have a keyboard serves ZERO purpose other than to hurt people or make yourself feel better. Gtfo with that…

81 Bob May 20, 2014 at 4:29 PM

“Guys have been jumping off this rock forever.”

Yup – that makes it all right…………….

82 J May 20, 2014 at 4:33 PM

83 Chris May 20, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Bob May 20, 2014 at 3:05 PM

“He was very local and family friends read this. He had a daughter. “I think” we should all be respectful, and not a time to trash people, especially when they are gone.”

(Its a blog & many people have different opinions than you do — deal with it)
I stated what I think. Even said so. So YOU deal with it. I still say it is shameful to trash someone who is not here to defend themselves. I have a couple people I do not like, or get along with, and if they pass away or something like this happens, I would never use it as an opportunity to tell others about my beef with them, or trash them. I think it is low. Now that is low, that is my opinion. Cowardly. And disrespectful. IMO……..

84 Atticus Thraxx May 20, 2014 at 5:38 PM

So what exactly do you guys get out of bagging on some kid who got accidentally killed? What’s in it for you? I’m just curious.

85 didn't know the guy May 20, 2014 at 6:17 PM

Well, taxpayer money won’t be paying his keep anymore. It’s sad that he chose to do what he did in life. It’s sad that people want to lie and say he was a saint, now that he’s dead. The reason it’s sad is because knowing the truth is what will help others. Lying is never the answer. Condolences to his family and friends.

86 JT May 20, 2014 at 6:36 PM

They get to feel like tough guys duh. Keyboard tough guys lol. I’ve had guys I didn’t like or didn’t think highly of too…but no way am I ever sinking to the level of bad mouthing them when a tradagy happens to them on a site where his friends and family are mourning…even more so considering his poor little girl is without a father now. I could never be so low but ya sure it’s a blog so be welcome to post your pathetic opinions to make you feel better in some sick way. But My opinion is ALSO that you are cowardly, pathetic and disrespectful.
And to the people that didn’t know him but are judging him based on a YouTube peel out video or the fact he did some jail time and concluding that a father/son/brother dying is somehow ok because of the short YouTube video or jail time (in which you dont know for what and don’t know the real Eddie) are JUST as pathetic. Unless you’re dumb enough to think everyone in jail deserves to die and no one just has a tough life and made some bad choices. Unless you think no one ever makes bad decisions in their youth.

87 57 Chevy May 20, 2014 at 7:03 PM

@ Bob–#82

I never said it was all right. I was saying it’s been going on for a very long time, and sadly, it always will. Learn how to read.

88 d lackey May 20, 2014 at 9:13 PM

I am mom who lost her son to. An accidental overdose. Nick railey is my nephew and that is how I heard about eddy. They are beautiful souls we are not to judge I can only speak of my son jake. Theyy do crazy reckless things , maybe didn,t make the best judges but had heart and who knows what they could have done given the chance. I nick is having a very rough time now but this is what I would tell him and any of eddie and jakes friends, you are still here the best way to honor and keep these young men,s memory alive is to learn from them, change your life because i THINK That is what. Will help his daughter, and other family get. Thru the hardest thing u will ever go thru, may god give u some peace u will have in your heart forever!

89 Kim May 21, 2014 at 12:35 AM

Everyone is intitled to their opinion on what every they feel they need to give an opinion on. All I have to say is those of us who knew Eddie and knew him for the Good and Bad loved him no matter what. Everyone on Gods earth will have something in their closet at some point, Eddie just had his door wide open and was upfront on what he did. He was just a kid. I have seen more adults act fools far more than Eddie every did. And who are we to Judge anyone for anything? Who is perfect enough to do so? Not anyone! There is only one who has that to be judgemental and it is GOD.
In simple words…..and Just as God asked those men that were wanting God to kill a woman because she was a Whore. They wanted God to have her stoned to death… and God decides to tell those men that if any of them have never sinned, done wrong to pick up a stone and be the ones to cast death on her because of her sins!!! Yah not one of those men were able to do that because they were hypocrites and therefore how can they judge anyone! No one lives sin free and Everyone has a right to change!

And to all of us Eddie Ps Family, Friends, even those who didnt know him but have a good enough heart My words of Advice to you are Simple inorder to stop producing any more negative comments and feedback….

– I am a believer that ignorance loves company and I will not feed into someones own miserable self…..
– Do not allow them to have an effect on you or your life….
– Always leave those people alone in their own circle of misery
– Let them talk among themselves and leave ignorance where it belongs……WITH THEM.
– Do not reply/respond to anything that is said from ignorance and soon that ignorance will cease as they will have nothing to fuel their ugly thoughts
When we respond it only Gives People like that Power over us and they will continue. Dont give anyone that power over you or a situation.
We need to keep our thoughts on Eddie and his family and how can we if we are consumed with those who DO NOT EVEN MATTER at all to any of US.

Those who Know Matter and those who Dont…….DONT MATTER!

RIP Eddie P. You were just beginning a new life, another chance to do right……No one knows when our time is up on this earth because if you knew it was going to be so soon, I know you would have done things differently. This was a horrible accident and I know it hurts you to leave behind your daughter and mom and all of us who love you. It wasnt your plan to hurt anyone, nor was it to die!
Much Love and Respect Always
Kim

90 Tracer03 May 21, 2014 at 1:17 AM

J…
“Ha! I actually felt sorry until i saw the video that showed the real him. Straight up tweaker trying to act gangster in his truck! Man good riddence”

You felt sorry until you saw a series of clips showing him doing burn outs and decided that based off that, it’s good that a father, son and brother died at 27…

Is that what you’re saying? Does that about sum it up?

Think about how ridiculous that sounds… I’m not even talking about the fact that you can’t spell ‘riddance’ correctly. I’m talking about the thought process involved in finding death okay because someone does burn outs.

It’s truly terrifying to think that a person with your mental abilities -more that likely – has the ability to vote.

To all of you idiots talking negatively about Eddie… HE CAN’T READ YOUR COMMENTS! The only people that can are those that care about him! What joy/point do you hope to reach/accomplish here??

91 Lindsey Rogge May 21, 2014 at 10:03 AM

I’m still in shock and find it hard to believe I won’t just randomly run into you anymore or hear your one of a kind voice! It still hasn’t fully hit me! So many memories! So many fun times! Random parties! Running into each other at xtra mile! Puttin one in the air and just cruzin! It’s still hard to believe! RIP Eddie P! My thought prayers and condolences go out to your family your friends and your lil one! Gonna miss u! Watch over all of us especially your lil girl!

92 Renee May 21, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Didn’t your parents teach you if you have nothing nice to say don’t say anything at all?! I’m sure Eddie pissed off a lot of people but this is not the place to talk crap about him.. his friends and family that read it will just get angry and all of these comments will blow up with trash talking to each other. He was a character and was loved by so many people! RIP Eddie and prayers for your family and friends.

93 Average Joseph May 21, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Dear catticus: Choosing to make an unwise decision resulting in your death does not an accident make.

94 Michele Harvey May 21, 2014 at 7:49 PM

My son went to school with Eddie Pinelli, and from what I could observe, he was really just a troubled child, that tragically lost his father at an early age when he needed him most. Troubled children grow into troubled adults..it happens! VBut it does not mean he deserved to die! This is sad all over from his childhood, to his death. My heart goes out to his family, child, brother, wife…No mother should have to bury her husband, do her best to raise her boys the best she could, only to lose a son in such a tragic accident. RIP Eddie. Peace be with you, Pinelli Family.

95 Nikki May 22, 2014 at 2:03 AM

Brought flowers up to Berryessa tonight.. I know your still here in spirit I could feel it but its hard to get a grip on the reality of it all. I cant believe ill never get to hear that laugh again, I wish I could hear you say “whats good lil nikki?” “I love your life” or the hunny bunny thing lol I miss you so much bud, glad I have a friend like you. this has been a real hard week and its gunna take some time, it just doesn’t feel right. Ill never forget our dirt biking trips, all the late nights, driving around in your truck or the time u saved me in chico.. You are loved by so many I don’t know what we’re all going to do with out you here..Rest In Paradise Eddie P

96 Mercy May 22, 2014 at 7:57 AM

First of all I want to send my condolences to his familt and TRUE friends. Eddie was a great guy. Ive known him for over 10 years, and ive never meet anyone like him. He was truly a caring person and would have always had your back no matter what.
For all you people sitting on here talking bad about him, you must not have a soul or any friends. How can one talk so much crap about that has passed away. Just think what if your brother, sister, mom or dad died and you find out that people were talking about them. You all need to grow up, you all are sissys and wish he was still here cuz then every single one of you wouldnt have the balls to say any of this to his face. Its obvious that ypu guys didnt know the real Eddie like most of us did. People make bad choice, i understand. But Eddie was truly a one of a kind and i like people were jealous that they never had someone like him in there life.
Me and Eddie have history. I will always remember the GREAT times we had together. I was a big part of my life years ago and will always hold on to what he had. He will be truly missed and always remembered.
To Lynn, Joey, Courtney, his beautiful baby girl and the rest of his family and TRUE friends, my deepest condolences goes out to you. May Eddie Rest in Peace. We gained the best Angel we could have asked for. I will always love and miss you Eddie.

97 Sandy Eggo May 22, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Rest in peace Eddie P. Much love going out to Lynn, Joey, Ava and Eddie’s other family members and many friends.

“Perhaps our eyes need to be washed by our tears once in a while so that we can see life with a clearer view again.”
~Unknown

98 leilani Young May 22, 2014 at 11:11 AM

First things first. My condolences to the family of Eddie P. I am so sorry for your loss. as a Mother I could never imagine the pain in your heart to loss a child no matter what age,they are our babies always! and as for Eddies daughter so devastating for her not to have her father in her life as she grows up,. also Eddie P has alot of friends who truly has his back as he had theirs… Who will protect his family and Name. I have much love for Eddie he Always had respect for me. my house.my family. had a couple of camping trips that have great memories. going to miss that great Big smile and those awesome eyes.. and great spirit.
To thoses who choose to talk Bad about Eddie. you are athe difinition of THUG! and Bully and Coward! what you say does not hurt Eddie he is in a wonderful place where their is no harm to Him. but what you have done with your words to his family is unforgivible in the eyes of MANY and GOD!

99 Jessica and Ryan May 22, 2014 at 2:29 PM

First Off, I find it incredibly pathetic and sad how many people on here post insulting comments by speaking ill of the dead. Practice the basic manners we were all taught at the age of 5..IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY THAN DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL! You all look like cowards posting rude comments under an anonymous name. Eddie may have been a wild child or had a past that you don’t approve of but the bottom line is that he had been making changes for the better and really turning his life around. Everyone makes mistakes through life but that doesn’t make them bad, and definitely does not mean he deserved to die. So shame on all of you that are on here running their mouths about this tragic event. His poor family is grieving and going through an incredibly sad time right now and you are not only disrespecting him but also his family and friends that love him very much.

To Lynn, Joey, Ava and Courtney (as well as other family and friends)- Ryan and I are so very sorry for your loss. Eddie was an amazing guy, full of life, love and humor. He was taken from your family way too young but part of his spirit lives on through Ava. Please try to ignore the idiotic comments that some of these people post. Those who truly knew Eddie, loved Eddie. He was a great guy with a huge heart and Ryan was beyond proud to call him a friend. Your whole family is in our thoughts and prayers.

With much love and respect we say,
R.I.P. Eddie
Gone but never forgotten

100 Black May 22, 2014 at 3:15 PM

I remember Pinelli as being a little dirtbike stunt man when he was younger and we laughed about it years later when we ran into each other.

He Had Good In HIM, fersher!!!! You could see it in him , if you looked beyond the pain. He was a Good Kat, R.I.P. !!!

Much Love , Bro. !!!!

101 Janet May 22, 2014 at 6:52 PM

The idea that of all people, Eddie wanted to change should serve as an inspiration to us all because if he could try to do it, ANYONE can. My hope is that as his daughter grows up she will only hear the good stories and people will be humane enough to leave all the bad, disturbing stories away from her. Maybe she can grow up believing she had a great dad and her mom can demonstrate good judgment by only allowing emotionally stable, non violent, non criminal males in her life. She’s so young and she may be able to have a stable father figure to help raise her. I imagine the neighborhood and the Concord Police would have enjoyed seeing a new and improved Eddie and it’s unfortunate he wasn’t around long enough to show to provide that gift to them. I imagine most people who dealt with the very scary side of him would not have believed he ever could have changed after such a prolonged pattern of deeply concerning behavior and it would have been nice to have seen them all proven wrong. Now we’ll never know.

102 OFFICER May 23, 2014 at 1:23 PM

He was only out of San Quentin a couple of weeks…

103 Annji May 24, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Rest in peace Eddie p. My heart hurts for his fam. I still can’t believe this is true. I’m sorry to his family that has to read such negative things that people put on here. I get it, u either loved him or hated him. To those who hated him YOU DONT F$@#IN MATTER. say what u will but for those who loved him knew he was truly a great person. Who hasn’t made bad choices? Doesn’t give anyone the right to bash him. Eddie was no saint n if he was Still here he’d be the first to tell u. So to all the people being incredibly rude … u should be ashamed. Now is not not the time to give ur negative opinion
regardless if ur entitled to it. There is a mother without her son a brother
without his brother and most heartbreaking a daughter without her daddy.
My thoughts and prayers are with the family. U will be forever missed Eddie

his brother n most heartbreaking a lil girl without her daddy. Have some damn respect people. This world would be a better place without all the negative BS. That is all! My thoughts and prayers are with the pinelli

104 let's be real May 26, 2014 at 6:44 AM

I know for a fact that he was a real asshole his whole life-he was a wannabe thug who liked to terrorize people with all his little wannabe thug buddies. He was NOT turning his life around, he died being the same asshole he always was. I wonder if they mail those Darwin Awards out, or if you have to pick them up somewhere…?

105 Annalisa May 29, 2014 at 8:57 PM

To – Let’s be real……..what a cruel thing to say….you didn’t know the Eddie I knew for 20 years….if you can’t write nicely about him….just shut up and keep you opinions to yourself…..family and friends read this!