UPDATE: 31-Year-Old Pleasant Hill Man in Pickup Truck Missing Since Friday

May 18, 2014 · 42 comments

missing_1

missing_2

A Pleasant Hill man last seen driving a white pickup truck remains missing tonight after not returning home on Friday, police said.

Jason Adams, 31, was reported missing by family members on Friday after he unexpectedly failed to return home from a construction work site.

The family members told police that he said he was going to a home improvement store in the vicinity of Pleasanton, Dublin or San Ramon before beginning a construction project.

Police said Adams went to the project site in San Ramon at about 9 a.m. before heading to the hardware store.

He was last seen driving his off-white 1972 International Harvester pickup truck, which has a quad cab and long bed.

The personalized California license plate is 1LONGIH.

It is unknown if Adams made it to the hardware store, but he did not return home to Pleasant Hill Friday night, police said.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Pleasant Hill police at (925) 228-4630.

UPDATE: Police say they located Jason Adams in Reno. He is in good health. No other information was provided by the Pleasant Hill Police.

1 Distinctive vehicle May 18, 2014 at 10:50 PM

The truck should be easy to spot if it is on a street in the area…we should spread the word and actively look for it. It could be parked somewhere in sight.

2 Momo May 18, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Wow that’s really odd. Sad thing is that because he is an adult and there is no obvious foul play police won’t look for him

3 Hummm May 18, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Hope he is OK!!

4 Crazy May 18, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Where did he last use his credit card?

5 Starfish May 18, 2014 at 11:08 PM

Wasn’t there a similar story on here a little while ago, but the guy was hanging out with his girlfriend and finally returned home?

6 Anonymous May 18, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Where’s the project site? Any narrow, winding roads between it and the store? Any medical conditions (diabetes, heart problems, etc)? Might the manager at the store be willing to review surveillance data around the time he SHOULD have arrived to at least determine whether he made it there, or would there be concerns about protecting his privacy since, as another poster noted, he IS an adult?
Hope he makes it home safely soon.

7 Sam Y May 18, 2014 at 11:10 PM

I drive for a living and cover lots of ground. I will keep an eye out for his truck! I hope he is found safe and sound.

8 Crazy May 18, 2014 at 11:19 PM

They are saying his cell phone died at 10:30 am? I don’t think that makes sense.

9 Crazy May 18, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Mr. Mayor you removed my comment?

10 I know him May 18, 2014 at 11:28 PM

His cell phone dies all the time so nobody was concerned when it was dead until the evening when he hadn’t returned. The police have been looking for him, and his family has looked everywhere. With the truck being so unique and memorable they’re hoping someone will have seen it and remember it. He has to be somewhere it’s just a matter of finding him. He last spoke with his girlfriend around 10am Friday.

11 His Name is My Name Too May 19, 2014 at 12:03 AM

According to a statement from Jason Adams’s family he left Elite Canine Daycare in San Ramon at around 9:00 Friday morning to pick up a “day laborer” from the Pleasanton Home Depot or the Lowes in San Ramon, then pick up some dog kennels at a shop in San Ramon. He never arrived to pick up those kennels.

12 Black Hole of Cyberspace May 19, 2014 at 2:10 AM

My comment’s missing, too

13 According to TV news he was going to pick up a day laborer May 19, 2014 at 2:28 AM

hope he didn’t run into some maggot who wanted that truck

14 Silva May 19, 2014 at 6:00 AM

I will be on the look out. I hope he’s okay.

15 Anon777 May 19, 2014 at 6:08 AM

I pray he is found safe.

16 Mee May 19, 2014 at 6:35 AM

@Anonymous, good thinking. I was in a huge flatbed driving out to Port Costa once and I could see a car way down the bank 100 feet still smoking no one else could have seen because I was so high up. I hiked all the way down but no one was in the car.. Still wonder about that. Anyway, Hope they find him and he is ok, but check those road sides…

17 He was found in Reno last night May 19, 2014 at 6:37 AM

KTVU 2 just reported his car was found in a Reno parking lot by officers at 2am last night and when they approached the car, he was found inside and in good health.

18 @MOMO May 19, 2014 at 7:00 AM

Hey MOMO! From what experience does one draw and idiotic conclusion like that? Just look in the Claycord archives and you will find several stories of the big bad cops out looking for missing adults. Get a life. Stop bad mouthing cops.

19 dbc May 19, 2014 at 7:14 AM

On KTVU 2 news this Monday morning it was reported he was found sleeping in his truck in Reno last night.

20 Marianne May 19, 2014 at 7:45 AM

Glad he was found safe.

21 Censorship May 19, 2014 at 8:02 AM

Mr. Mayor,
It is my belief that we should be allowed to make wild, speculative comments without being censored. If not here, where? That’s what Claycord’s all about.

22 jb May 19, 2014 at 8:46 AM

So he decided to go to reno and not tell anyone..but not to tell mom you
are going on a trip and have all worry is not right….hope his mom gives him tells him what a bad boy he was for scarying her…and how many police hours
and people hours looking for him..not a nice person to scare us all….but glad he was found safe….

23 His Name is My Name Too May 19, 2014 at 8:47 AM

You should always check in with you mom!

24 graceolld@msn.com May 19, 2014 at 8:58 AM

.perfect,I know a friend of mine that just came back that knows,everyone.The whole group,a lot of times they like to hide the real issues,they think their smarter to keep the truth hidden,but we all know ..everything that is hidden comes to light so there’s no point..
Im glad it was found.we all know how painful it’s going to be if he was doing something wrong,and his friends and family found out…not all of us are stupid.especially I. My cousin disappeared in the middle of the night and no one knew what happened to him,he was found brutally beaten and left with a huge cut across his face,so he always remember it when he looked in the mirror.its scary out there people,you never know who’s out there Watching.from my Fathers house I see every where I LIVE.

25 Sra. Bañuelas May 19, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Jason, don’t ever do that again! We were worried. Glad you’re okay. Really cool truck there.

26 @24 May 19, 2014 at 10:23 AM

WTH are you rambling about?

27 graceolld@msn.com May 19, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Sorry im not the best at typing at my age

28 Reality Slap May 19, 2014 at 10:56 AM

- Why didn’t this person let their family know what they were doing? If telling loved ones or friends where you are makes you feel like a child then you are a child. Letting people in on what’s happening so they don’t worry isn’t being controlled, it’s called respect for the concern of other people.

29 Duck May 19, 2014 at 11:10 AM

@26
I bet you feel like a real big man now………..don’t ya ? LOL
Sounds like Jason went on a bender !

30 Duck May 19, 2014 at 11:16 AM

@28 Respect to a certain point , but it could be the person that reported him missing takes it a little far at times also.

Some people take thing a little far , maybe he got sick of his mommy checking in on his every move every day.
Who’s to know ?

31 SF CityGirl May 19, 2014 at 11:47 AM

The rambler put her email in the name box. She’s a putz. next she makes no sense. I hope the guy went on a bender!

32 Reality May 19, 2014 at 11:53 AM

@24

You probably shouldn’t post your email address on a public forum.

Chances are you have already put it elsewhere inadvertently, but it’s good practice to not post it publicly.

– Tech Support

33 warbirds45 May 19, 2014 at 12:19 PM

They spotted his truck at the International House of Pancakes& Trucks!

34 chuckie the troll May 19, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Check his credit card history. That should let you know if he made it to a hardware store, and if so, where. Unfortunately, these stories seldom end well.

35 @chuckie May 19, 2014 at 5:14 PM

If you had read to the end (where the update is), you would have seen that this story did, in fact, end well.

36 mwo1859 May 19, 2014 at 6:19 PM

You guys make me laugh. Thank you

37 qwerty May 19, 2014 at 8:23 PM

Jason, hope you had a goodtime ;)

Funky that your life ended up on Claycord. Ah well. You know why you went, I hope you found what you were looking for. Glad you’re okay, whoever you are.

38 Jess May 19, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Who among us hasn’t thought “I can’t face one more day at this lousy job. I’ll just keep on driving and see where life takes me.”

39 wow May 20, 2014 at 5:56 AM

How amazing How you guys continue to get away with this they don’t notice what your really talking about huh?This world is going dark fast..but thats ok,.Im gonna get you one by one

40 Cody May 20, 2014 at 7:49 AM

Hey Jason – is your life unmanageable yet? Might be time to deal with whatever issues led you to Reno without telling your family….. sad that he worried so many by this selfish behavior.

41 Janet May 20, 2014 at 5:17 PM

SF CityGirl, I hope you are treated with far more compassion when you age than you bothered to show here. Why choose to be so mean-spirited? The world is filled with people who will hide behind a screen name and unmercifully put others down. There’s nothing original or witty about it. Why not show a bit of kindness and if you don’t possess the character that allows you to show compassion then consider not posting. There was nothing to be gained from your post but you certainly could have caused unnecessarily hurt feelings. It’s ironic that you chose to write the word, putz to describe someone else.

42 graceolld... is not really very old... May 28, 2014 at 3:53 PM

graceolld…says she’s not the best at typing at her age…

She’s really not very old. I know that because anyone over 50 knows the difference between their and they’re, so since she used their where it should have been they’re, I’m pretty sure she’s younger than she is letting on!