The Goodall-McKenzie House, located at 2460 Salvio St. in Downtown Concord (between Port Chicago Hwy. & East St.), has been demolished.
The demolition occurred this afternoon in order to clear out the land for future development.
We’re hearing there are currently no plans to build anything on the property, but when they do, it will be a mix of commercial & residential.
The home was built in the late-1800s by a man with the last name of Goodall, who was a Concord merchant.
According to the Concord Historical Society, Dr. and Mrs. George McKenzie made this their home sometime after their arrival to Concord in 1891. For many years Dr. McKenzie was one of only two doctors serving Concord and the surrounding area.
Thanks to everybody for the pictures!