CVCHS: Clayton Valley Charter High School Math Teacher Dennis Beck Has Passed Away

May 12, 2014 21:20 pm · 9 comments

Clayton Valley Charter High School (CVCHS) math teacher Dennis Beck has passed away, according to a note sent out by CVCHS Executive Director David Linzey.

The cause of death has yet to be released.

The note from Linzey is shown below:

Dear Parents,

I am truly sorry to inform you of the passing of a beloved teacher at CVCHS. Mr. Beck has been a long-term teacher at CVCHS in the mathematics department. Sadly, he passed away this morning very unexpectedly. He is dearly loved by students and staff alike and will surely be missed.

Our math department teachers will be filling in for the remainder of the year so as not to interrupt instruction this year.

We are providing counseling services in the guidance lounge for any student needing assistance. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family at this time.

David Linzey
Executive Director
Clayton Valley Charter High School

1 jules May 12, 2014 at 9:48 PM

A kind and caring teacher who will be missed not only by my son, but his many other students.

2 Michelle May 12, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Condolences to the Beck family! Dennis Beck was an excellent algebra teacher and a good person, he will be missed.

3 yolo May 12, 2014 at 10:48 PM

A 56 year “young” man, heart attack. Very sad news. Prayers for family.

4 Hayley Craigg May 12, 2014 at 11:16 PM

A very sad unfornate event. Very sweet and dedicated teacher.

5 Susanne Renner May 12, 2014 at 11:54 PM

A good man, great math teacher and loved by many. Our condolences to the Beck family. Mr. Beck was my son Maxwells teacher. His favorite.

6 Princess May 13, 2014 at 5:32 AM

I am very sad ;( he was my son’s math teacher last year. Him and his
wife always shop at my store , I just love to help them all the time and always thank him for been such a good and wonderful teacher. I’m going to miss him ;;( my thoughts and prayers to his wife and family.

7 Princess May 13, 2014 at 5:52 AM

Miss Costa & Dennis Beck ;( you both have a special place in my heart. Thank thank you for been my Sons teacher ;((

8 Silva May 13, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Terribly sad. So sorry to his friends & family he had to leave so soon. Sounds like he touched MANY lives though.

9 Betty Stone May 13, 2014 at 10:19 AM

Very sad. Dennis was such a wonderful person. Our love goes out to Karen and Laura.