Suspect Arrested After Brief Foot Pursuit in Concord

May 5, 2014 23:07 pm · 17 comments

A man was taken into custody just after 11pm on Monday night after a brief foot pursuit in Concord.

The pursuit occurred on Clayton Way near West St., and lasted under a minute. The suspect was taken into custody on Ceemar Ct.

No injuries were reported.

The suspect’s name hasn’t been released, and it’s currently unknown why he ran from the cops.

1 Close by May 5, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Probably one of the dirtbags that’s been casing the neighborhoods while we’re sleeping..

2 Phoenyx May 5, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Okay that explains the cop car flying down the street a little while ago.

I still get jumpy when I hear cops flying down the street. Maybe a touch of PTSD.

3 A foot chase takes less than a minute.... May 6, 2014 at 1:46 AM

a bullet gets there in less than a second…

4 @ A foot chase takes less than a minute.... May 6, 2014 at 6:58 AM

Not everybody deserves to get shot. If thats what you’re trying to imply.

5 anon May 6, 2014 at 7:05 AM

“and it’s currently unknown why he ran from the cops.”

Its Concord– take your pick of penal/vehicle codes….

6 Anon May 6, 2014 at 7:44 AM

They were looking for the bag of drugs he tossed before the caught him that should be a clue as to why he ran from the police.

7 Cuzzzzzzzzzzzzz May 6, 2014 at 8:53 AM

But Concord has not thugs/crime. It is a wonderful place full of rainbows, butterflies and ponies. Just ask some of the folks on Claycord.
In reality “Welcome to the Ghetto-hood”

8 Just sayin May 6, 2014 at 9:00 AM

With the town becoming more diverse, the cops around here need to start sending the message that if you run you won’t be able to walk any more. It’s the only thing these people understand.

9 Mr. Pink May 6, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Suspected of doing what? Story gives no information.

10 CLAYCORD.com May 6, 2014 at 10:20 AM

@Mr. Pink, suspected of running from the cops. They weren’t even sure why he ran at the time. This story was posted immediately after he was taken into custody. We are still waiting for further information from the police.

11 anon May 6, 2014 at 11:55 AM

some people just like running, that’s all.
it’s interesting how people catch the urge to run when they see a cop.
I dunno. I hate running. I wish i did like it. like the ice cream truck concept is so evil… bringing ice cream to you. they should make you run a mile or two and depending on how many calories you burn that’s what you earned. it’s just evil.

12 anon May 6, 2014 at 12:10 PM

‘I hated anyone who had a pony’ -Jerry Seinfeld

13 Anon May 6, 2014 at 12:49 PM

More than 7 police cars stormed the area within minutes. That seems like a lot for not knowing why he ran.

14 Mr. Pink May 6, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Thanks, Mayor.

15 Mr. Pink May 6, 2014 at 12:58 PM

@11, maybe it’s like when you’re driving and suddenly there’s a cop next to you. You start thinking, “Am I doing something wrong? Am I speeding?, etc” The equivalent would be if you suddenly just floored it and initiated a high-speed pursuit.

16 Idiocracy May 6, 2014 at 2:08 PM

Probably on drugs acting up and the cops were at the right place at the right time for once

17 Beacon May 6, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Maybe its just me, but if I were a cop, I would consider it suspicious when a person runs when the see me. I would definitely want to know why, especially if it was 11pm in a residential neighborhood.