The American Red Cross Bay Area Chapter is pleased to announce the 2014 Contra Costa County Heroes Breakfastwill be held on October 24, 2014 at the Crow Canyon Country Club in Danville.
The Bay Area Chapter is currently seeking nominations for the Hero Awards, which recognizes members of the community who have shown courage, dedication, and character through acts of heroism and kindness. These people could be your neighbors, co-workers, friends, or family.
Contra Costa County residents are encouraged to nominate a hero for one of the following categories:
- Lifesaving Hero: An adult or youth who has performed an extraordinary lifesaving act, using skills such as CPR or first aid.
- Act of Courage Hero: An adult or youth who has performed an extraordinary act of courage.
- Act of Kindness & Philanthropy Hero, Individual: An adult or youth who has shown an extreme act of kindness or selflessness.
- Community Service Hero, Individual: An adult or youth who has performed great community service.
- Community Service Hero, Organization: A business or organization that has performed great community service.
- Animal Rescue Hero: An animal that has protected a human in a time of need or a person who has rescued an animal from a traumatic situation.
A committee of Contra Costa County community leaders will select award recipients. All nominees must work or reside in Contra Costa County, although the heroic acts may have occurred elsewhere. The heroic act must have occurred between January 1, 2013 and June 30, 2014.The deadline to submit nominations is June 30, 2014.
The Contra Costa County Heroes website atredcross.org/CCHeroes has more details on the event, purchasing tickets, and an online nomination form. For more information about the Hero Awards or to attend and/or become a sponsor of the Heroes Breakfast, please contact Roger Hancock directly at Roger.Hancock@csaa.com.
About the Heroes Awards Program
People in the Bay Area make a difference in the lives of others in their communities every day. The American Red Cross Bay Area Chapter and civic leaders from six counties in the Bay Area are joining together to celebrate everyday heroism, recognizing those individuals and organizations whose extraordinary acts of kindness and courage make them heroes.
American Red Cross chapters around the country hold events in their communities to recognize acts of heroism by local residents and pay tribute to those who have performed lifesaving acts.
Each year, nearly 900 people attend events in Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo and Solano Counties to honor local heroes. For more information about the events and corporate sponsorship opportunities, please visit redcross.org/ARCBAHeroes.
All proceeds from the events support the disaster readiness and relief efforts of the American Red Cross in the Bay Area.