Mail Theft Reported in the Concord Blvd. & Kirker Pass Area of Concord

April 30, 2014 14:11 pm · 16 comments

Beware, Claycord residents, we’re getting reports that at least five homes in the area of Concord Blvd. & Kirker Pass had their mail stolen on Tuesday.

Please keep your eyes out, and don’t be afraid to call 9-1-1 if you see anything suspicious.

Thanks to “The New Rhodesian” for the tip!

1 people suck April 30, 2014 at 2:38 PM

I live in the area and actually had plants stolen from my yard over the weekend. I had the plants laid out and ready to plant the following day in the morning, but some genitic lottery loser found the opportunity to relieve me of my recent purchases just too tempting to pass up. On the bright side, I had fewer holes to dig… But what kind of loser steals plants, really scraping the bottom of the barrel as far as black market resale goes, no?

2 The Realist April 30, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Check the flea market.

3 Starman April 30, 2014 at 3:25 PM

We had our mail boxes robbed and the police said it’s not an important crime I thought it was a feloney but concord police have always been kind of worthless on crime I don’t expect it to change. They can’t even stop the homeless from robbing people or starting fires. I’ve heard of at least 50 cars broken into by the elephant bar and it will probably happen again this weekend.

4 Incognito April 30, 2014 at 4:05 PM

People have really sunk to a new low lately.

5 mail boxes April 30, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Keep in mind that if your outgoing mail may not get picked up. It used to be that it was not mandatory for carriers to pick up mail. They did it as a courtesy. Maybe that has changed, but I don’t think so.
Also, this being the end of the month, low life’s are looking for monthly checks being delivered to residential customers.

6 VikingPrincess April 30, 2014 at 4:46 PM

@Starman
Not sure if you tried contacting your local post office and asking to speak with with the Postmaster regarding breaking the law via postal service. I believe they even have a site or go on USPS site.
Surprised the CPD didn’t refer you on this or give you info. Taxes pay for both, correct? So if something of theirs was stolen (law enforcement) its not a crime?
If what you say is true then they won’t have any trouble putting that statement in writing (that its not important).
Thats a bit of an unpatriotic stance to take postal service lightly. There’s history behind its inception.

7 At people suck April 30, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Gosh, couldn’t possibly be someone u yelled at
or we’re rude to, could it? Perhaps a neighbor
that was the brunt of your “people suck”
attitude! People don’t suck, “mean people”
suck.

8 lg April 30, 2014 at 5:50 PM

My mail was stolen a couple weeks ago on Court Lane. I know they got my new debit card and who knows what else. Losers!!!!!!!

9 Horse n around April 30, 2014 at 6:44 PM

@ Starman. In all honesty, did they actually say that it’s not an important crime? Even if they did. You need to call the PostMaster and let them know. Just like people calling the police for a barking dog, you need to call the appropriate agencies. The Police don’t deal with barking dogs, and stolen mail. Unfortunately for you, they are to busy with other crimes. And are to low on resources.

10 people suck April 30, 2014 at 7:04 PM

@at people suck: I just moved here, no disagreements with anyone and good friends with the few neighbors I’ve met. Actually haven’t yelled at anyone (that I recall) since I was 19 or so. But thanks, I’m sure I deserved it for some reason. In the end you are correct, mean people suck, but lately it seems like there are an investing number of ‘mean people’

11 @PeopleSuck April 30, 2014 at 8:14 PM

I will say this, it was only a suggestion .
I have many somewhat valuable items in
my front yard for the fifteen years and never
had anything stolen. I just don’t believe there
are roving bands of young people that do these
type of misdemeanors at random, although it
does happen. But from the accounts of people
I know, they were targeted for” snitching”, to
Police or their parents in one case.
Anyway , someone once said, keep your friends
close, and your enemies closer.
Be nice to each other.

12 Dorothy April 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Several weeks ago, on an early Sunday morning, I saw a guy opening mail boxes. He even took some mail out of one. I did call the cops and they said they would send someone to check. Don’t know if they ever did.

Funny thing is, I told the neighbor and she bought a new locking mailbox. It fits right inside the the old one! Don’t know if it’s secured to the post otherwise someone could not only steal her mail but her new and smaller mailbox too.

13 ZuZupetals May 1, 2014 at 2:05 AM

# 9 About the police- IT’S TRUE! This morning I called the Concord police because my car was broken into. I was told that since there was no witnesses to the vandalism they couldn’t come out- BUT I WAS WELCOMED TO FILL OUT A REPORT ONLINE FOR THE INSURANCE. BARNEY FIFE IS USELESS IN CONCORD!!!!

14 Dr. Jellyfinger® May 1, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Well….. I guess now I know what happened to my Victoria’s Secret catalog.

15 It's a problem May 1, 2014 at 11:19 AM

This has been a problem in the Dana Estates area. I am missing bank statements and other documents from February/March as well as pictures I had printed of my baby daughter. It’s very distressing. I installed a locking mailbox a couple weeks ago and a couple times my mail carrier has left my mail halfway out of the slot or just dropped it on the ground under the box. It’s frustrating that the postal carrier isn’t helping with the situation.

16 joe citizen May 6, 2014 at 4:46 PM

The Kirker pass mail thieves are caught.They were arrested after stealing mail sunday night at the crossroads apts at clayton and and YV road