COURTHOUSE NEWS: Lexus of Concord Sued by Former Employees – Employees Claim Payroll Fraud, Death Threats & More

April 29, 2014 23:32 pm · 27 comments

Payroll fraud, death threats and vile epithets by upper management rule the day at an East Bay Lexus dealership, former employees claim in a scathing federal class action lawsuit, according to the website CourthouseNews.com.

Lead plaintiff Robert Brock Jr., six others and two of their wives are suing Lexus of Concord, the website reported.

READ THE ENTIRE STORY BY CLICKING HERE.

1 Claycord Fan April 30, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Experienced sexual harassment as a client there. That work environment is not acceptble.

2 Buck Million April 30, 2014 at 2:10 AM

Wow!

3 Nuttsie the Nutter April 30, 2014 at 4:05 AM

My plans to buy a Lexus there just changed.

4 Eat food April 30, 2014 at 4:45 AM

Aspiring rapper…turning his life around…

5 Mark April 30, 2014 at 6:21 AM

Sounds like maybe a little jail time too if allegations are found true. Not good for the Lexus brand. Good luck to management ever getting another job in the industry.

The story did not say if the accused have been suspended or fired by the Dealership owner, or if the Dealership has faced discipline by Lexus.

6 Connie Dobbs April 30, 2014 at 6:52 AM

I hope the lawyers don’t get most of it.

7 lexo lexxy love April 30, 2014 at 7:22 AM

Patrick miliano and Donald sterling need to open there own dealership lol

8 JET April 30, 2014 at 7:35 AM

I worked at this dealership back when I was in college (mid-1990’s) and it was a decent place to work back then. Obviously it has been a long time and things can change….

9 Clayton Pete April 30, 2014 at 7:59 AM

Two thoughts:
1) You are going to hear a lot more of these types of stories and lawsuits, due to the Clippers/Sterling story (which was repulsive but WAY overblown). Seedy folks are now going to look for an easy paycheck by claiming racism, sexism, etc, where there may be none or where it never bothered them before they learned they can try to profit from it (as opposed to filing appropriate corporate complaints).
2) This type of behavior is not at all uncommon in many, if not most, car dealerships. I used to work in that industry and it attracts these types of people, probably due to the lack of required education and the potential high commission income. I could write on book on the behind-the-scenes of the car sales industry that would curdle most folk’s toes.

10 Stunned April 30, 2014 at 8:50 AM

This leaves me speechless. I’ve experienced (minor) sexual harassment at a car dealership in another state, but nothing like this. The wage fraud is so shocking. I hope all concerned are prosecuted fully & that the plaintiffs get the justice they deserve. It shouldn’t, but it does, surprise me that this sort of thing still goes on.

11 Anon April 30, 2014 at 8:51 AM

Let’s not forget there are good people who work there and don’t abuse the system, And no I’m not affiliated with the dealership in any way. I just feel for the decent employees affected by all of this.

12 what goes around comes around April 30, 2014 at 9:33 AM

It’s about to get nasty for Miliano and James in jail! !!! Payback is a Biatch….
Lol….

13 Michelle April 30, 2014 at 9:47 AM

WOW is right! I know where I will not buy my next car. Is this dealership still open in Concord?

14 Dee April 30, 2014 at 10:35 AM

I agree with Anon #11. I feel for the service and parts people as they are separate from the sales dept. As for these two what a piece of work they both are. DMV needs to pull their licenses and they also need to along with the factory monitor this dealership. Also need a total audit done that goes as far as when these guys started there.

15 Peter April 30, 2014 at 10:43 AM

“He taunted Montoya and Woo, calling them ‘little pecker,’ unzipping his pants, sticking his hand in and wiggling his finger through the open front, laughing that they had little penises.”

16 lexi girl April 30, 2014 at 10:47 AM

for clayton pete, this has nothing to do with the clippers scandal…these poor folks have been taunted and treated horribly. These guys will have to work hard at getting over going to work everyday to this scene and treatment, knowing in todays world you cant just quit and go elsewhere…it gets to you big time!!
I will never do biz with that dealer again…its disgusting…those guys belong in jail…and a man who keeps telling another man his penis is small must have a lot of issues…

17 IMHO April 30, 2014 at 11:02 AM

I feel badly for these employees, however part of me agrees with Clayton Pete. These days there are many out there looking for a race based case to supplement their income. We have one at our school. He’s a parent volunteer, and for the last several years has been looking for any kind of racial discrimination issue, so he can get another $$ settlement. Fortunately, most of the school is aware of what he’s up to. oh, btw, relating to the handicap parking issue, he also uses a handicap placard to ensure he has a parking place. With the physical work he does around the school, we all think it’s phony as well.

18 CarMonger April 30, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Oh good god, no control? What is wrong with these folks to think they could get away with a bunch of CRAP! I am truly disgusted and have more to say…..

19 cf April 30, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Wow, this sure tarnishes that dealership and the Lexus brand. Corporate should fire the GM or at least suspend without pay while this is being investigated.

20 Cuzzzzzzzzzzzzz April 30, 2014 at 2:44 PM

The commission fraud part is what will get the dealership in major trouble. The franshise tax board and state board of equalization will be quite interested in this and they may drag in the DOT also. Could get pretty messy. I worked in a dealership many years ago and there is a certain “culture” & “mentality” (good ol’ boy type) but nothing like what is discribed here.

21 Eddie Spaghetti April 30, 2014 at 7:18 PM

I sold cars for a while…………worst job I ever had. I’m not surprised by this at all.

22 not surprised April 30, 2014 at 7:38 PM

Next time you go to a stealership ask the sales reps to take a breathilizer test. I used to work in the industry, and let me tell you that most sales reps are drunk at all times. I was considered an outcast for not drinking.

23 Chevrons April 30, 2014 at 7:40 PM

I wonder what’s really going to happen with this law suit. I’m pretty sure lexus has lawyers up the ying yang.

24 Walnut Creek Resident April 30, 2014 at 7:43 PM

Good for those employees, This makes me sick. Lets get em!!!

25 Former Customer April 30, 2014 at 9:28 PM

I bought a new Lexus there. I had a good experience. Income and credit qualified.

Needless to say, I won’t go back. These people are pathetic.

26 VikingPrincess April 30, 2014 at 9:48 PM

What the?

@Clayton Pete – on part one: I am sure you might be correct, but going only by the info from the article – it was a terrible workplace environment. I think parameters are still being set for what defines this and I have seen a few over the past years. The attorneys are going to hit them with everything they can and all off those issues together = hostile work environment at best, per last definition. I would like to see it become easier to call employers on allowing this type of culture..based solely on being what it is – toxic. Working in conditions like this over a long period of time is damaging to a persons life
On point two: wow, you are so right on the nose! I know a few locals in the industry and they don’t even trust each other. Cut throat – not in a Viking way….at least we have honor.

27 Let's compare apples to these orange shaped bricks, guys... April 30, 2014 at 11:06 PM

…yeah. Let’s cautiously place a unique brand of retarded accusation and brain dead assumptions of frivolous lawsuits onto every discrimination case because of Sterling.

Let’s be honest here. The real concern here isn’t that the system might wind up gamed because of Sterling, but that someone that isn’t you or a member of your racial/social/sexual identity might benefit from it. So we should be wary of every case of racial and sexual discrimination from this day forward?

Your faux indignation is a joke.

I’ll take a few people getting away with gaming the system for frivolous lawsuits caused by the public’s current meme over the risk of having legitimate claims, by actual victims, of real crimes not go to trial.