Gas Thieves Strike in Concord Near Bailey Rd. & Concord Blvd.

April 25, 2014 13:00 pm · 31 comments

hose

Gas thieves struck in Concord this morning.

Here are the details, direct from the victim….

I woke up gas thieves this morning, they got 10 gallons+ of gas and hose is stuck in the tank. Taking it to the repair shop if I make it on the little bit of gas left. I am sure it will be cheap repair (ha ha ha).

This is a town-home complex at Wildbrook Ct. right off Concord Blvd. near Bailey Rd. that is normally very quiet, but NOT any more.

Very daring scum bag thieves got $40.00 worth of gas.

Sorry about the theft & the damage. Hope it was minimal.

1 Noj April 25, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Thank you Mayor.

This is the first news report/article anywhere in the whole Bay Area about the high price of gas. Must be an election year.

2 mom April 25, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Neighbor’s truck got hit for the third time a few nights ago; Kirkwood [Kirker Pass/Concord Blvd. area]

3 firgirl April 25, 2014 at 1:19 PM

Same thing happened to use on Curletto Dr. a few weeks ago and also on Geneva Dr. the very same day.!

4 anon April 25, 2014 at 1:25 PM

David again?

5 Benicia Business April 25, 2014 at 1:31 PM

We had the exact same vans, 3 of them, hit on Monday at 3am also. Hope this isn’t a trend!

6 Hey Firgirl April 25, 2014 at 1:37 PM

It was probably your neighbor Wayne, he’s a Peuking Maggot.

7 mutts April 25, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Mama’s must be proud. Paying for your own things is better than being a slimey crook.

8 Elwood April 25, 2014 at 2:15 PM

These incidents are why God made black coffee and 12 gauge shotguns.

9 Bishop Estates April 25, 2014 at 2:24 PM

We have had gas stolen too many times to count. We have even had our car stolen right out of our driveway…..we got it back thank god. Our neighborhood is great but the creeps come out at night for sure!

We are at Concord Blvd/Bailey Rd.

10 Anon April 25, 2014 at 2:57 PM

This is how the economy is really going.

11 Steve H. April 25, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Pinches tweekers!

12 RickCendejas April 25, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Somebody must have disturbed this syphon thief because he left his hose behind. I’m betting that somebody saw him and doesn’t want to get involved.

13 People April 25, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Help yourself out and invest in a locking gas cap! They might just move on to the next!

14 South94521 April 25, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Time to form your vigilantly patrol. You might get lucky and catch them in the act. You know what vehicles they target.

15 anon April 25, 2014 at 4:51 PM

Wonder how they know if your van has enough gas to make it worth their while to steal.

16 Our fix April 25, 2014 at 5:52 PM

We have a spiral, metal thingy permanently seated inside our gas tank so no hose can reach down low enough to siphon the gas. I suppose anyone can purchase the same at a car parts store?

17 funny man April 25, 2014 at 6:03 PM

close down bailey rd… watch the crime rate fall? jus’ sayin’
anon, vans and trucks have giant gas tanks, it was a good bet.
source: i got a gmc truck, 32 gallons tank, usually at least 1/2full on avaerrage

18 Concordejet April 25, 2014 at 7:03 PM

can gas thief still break into the gas tank even if it a lock gas cap with a key? my guess it would probably slow the thief down.

19 neighborhood watch April 25, 2014 at 8:03 PM

@South94521 – I like your thinking!!

Recently moved here and will not stand for it. Camera’s ALL over this property is a good start. Anyone coming here is sure to be seen and pictured.

20 Good heart April 25, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Unfortunately it’s going to get worse with this so called necessity causing has prices to spike! Those of us who work hard for all we have pay the price double, at the pump and again when those who take what we worked for! Karma for all those taking what they don’t earn in life! Rewards in life are there for those who earn it, not take it!

21 La Ducha April 25, 2014 at 8:55 PM

Locking gas caps don’t work. Took a vehicle to smog and the tech used a channel lock plier and removed it!

22 Elwood April 25, 2014 at 10:29 PM

@ people #13

A service station attendant (remember them?) once showed me how to open a locking gas cap with a sharp blow of his bare hand.

23 Concordejet April 25, 2014 at 10:43 PM

La Ducha Thank you Ah man did not realize how simple it is to remove the locked gas cap

24 Tipsy April 25, 2014 at 11:35 PM

EBAY has “Gas Bandit Blocker..” and “Justen Stop Gas Theft Spring..” as well as other anti-siphoning devices for sale. The one we have looks exactly like the Justen and has worked beautifully. At times we’ve found our gas cap off the Mustang but know no gas was taken by the Mofo’s. I’m curious as to why these gadgets aren’t readily available in car parts stores?

25 jb April 26, 2014 at 8:27 AM

I use to feel safe having a locked gas cap…thanks so much for telling the gas
robbers how to take get the locked gas cap off…now we all have to worry about losing gas…and at over 4 dollars a gallon…

26 Looking back April 26, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Sometime ago a gas thief parked out side my house siphon gas from my van by cutting the delivery line and inserting their hose into my tank from underneth of course they left me very little fuel in my tank so when I went to the gas station to refill my tank, fuel started pouring out from underneath I only pumped about $.60 worth but I had to drive back home and being that’s my work vehicle I needed to have it fixed by Monday so i spent the whole day repairing the damage they caused me, the cost for me to repair was about $12 but they must of got about 15 gallons of fuel plus they had a gallon of anti freeze which they needed to use the container so they poured it out in the gutter, which i have cat’s so i had to clean that up using a wet or dry vacuum, they caused a lot of unproductive work for me. Now i have bright lites to deter these thieves, hopefully there car will break down and have no reason to steal gas, but that means they be looking for other alternatives to keep themselves mobil these meth head are clever when it come to staying high, dont leave you garage open in the evening, install good lighting, and security camera’s we need to take a vigilant approach For detorance, you people with guns can sit and wate for the thieves, but in my book justice is to be left for the law, lites and camera’s dont make mess, pray for one & nother
That god will touch these individuals, and make them productive citizens of our community,

27 Ol sweet gasoline April 26, 2014 at 10:45 AM

You can get a locking gas cap, which become harder to find when the price of gasoline gets high.
There used to be a device that some CVHS (?) student years ago invented to stop the siphon hose from reaching the gas. This device was created during the mid 1970’s gas crisis….I think it was called a ‘Spyder’?
Or you could always leave one of your oldest 5 gallon cans of gas in the back or your pickup……..only with a couple of cups of sugar mixed with it. Those guys that use that will never come back again!

28 Teacher Wannabe April 26, 2014 at 5:22 PM

What happened to the gas prices? Last week I paid 3.55, csme back from vacation and the same place was 4.07.

29 lol April 26, 2014 at 5:55 PM

I remember that invention from the seventies, it wasn’t marketed then-but it was a damn good lock and unbreakable. Probably still is now, good luck trying to open that thing.

30 Dr. Jellyfinger® April 26, 2014 at 7:20 PM

Oh gawd….. that photo reminds me of the tapeworm patient I had last week! It was like a tug-o-war.

31 Marilyn Carscadden April 27, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Bailey Road is a commutor street Speed limit?