71-year-old Man Chases Burglars Out of His House in S. Concord

April 25, 2014 10:17 am · 22 comments

A 71-year-old man chased two burglars out of his Concord home on Thursday morning, police said.

The man came back to his home in the 1600 block of Nuala Street at about 11:10 a.m. and found the two suspects inside, police said.

He chased them out but fell as he was running, suffering abrasions to his face and leg, police said.

A family member took the man to a hospital as a precaution.

One suspect was described as a white man standing 5 feet 6 inches tall with a thin build and dark hair.

The second suspect was a white or Hispanic man standing 5 feet 8 inches tall with a medium build and wearing a dark shirt and khaki pants, police said.

Investigators believe the burglary might be related to two people acting suspiciously about a block away at 10:44 a.m.

A resident in the 900 block of Duar Drive said that the suspects knocked on the door and when the resident answered, they acted suspiciously and named someone else who lived there, police said.

One of those suspects was described as a white or light-skinned Hispanic man between 18 and 20 years old with a small frame, a black shirt and jeans.

Police are asking anyone with information about the case to contact Concord police at 925-671-3030.

RELATED STORYUPDATE: CHP Helicopter Circling Near Mohr Ln. & David Ave. in Concord Searching for Burglary Suspects

{ 22 comments }

1 Clean April 25, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Likely these two were tattooed.

2 Lori April 25, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Takes real tough guys to victimize the elderly. Come on CPD catch these thugs !!!

3 Lori April 25, 2014 at 10:35 AM

@clean huh? What does that have to do with anything?

4 Good for him April 25, 2014 at 10:39 AM

He chased criminals out of his home. Good for him. I’d do the same.

5 JET April 25, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Way to go! Love stories like this. Glad the homeowner is okay and hope the suspects are located.

6 FrogVoice April 25, 2014 at 10:48 AM

I’m so sick of these slimey hacks targeting others.

7 Darwin April 25, 2014 at 10:50 AM

#1 Clean,
Thats a safe bet….

8 What? April 25, 2014 at 10:59 AM

You may be clean but your not to smart.

9 Anon April 25, 2014 at 11:05 AM

71 year old taking care of business, sign him up for CPD. Good job on the homeowner for not being victimized.

10 Ashley April 25, 2014 at 11:32 AM

I’m glad the guy is going to be ok
And clean just because I have tattoos does not mean I’m a crook having tattoos does not mean I’m going to end up in jail

11 Idiocracy April 25, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Too bad he didn’t just pop them both with a .44 magnum like dirty harry would of

12 anon666 April 25, 2014 at 11:58 AM

@ What? #8

you’re and too.

I take it your’re not too smart either if you don’t even understand the simple concept of those two words.

13 Vera April 25, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Oh my goodness! How scary! My grandchildren live on that street and I can’t imagine what would have happened if they came home to find those robbers in their home. I hope someone knows something and does the right thing and turns them in.

14 Steve H. April 25, 2014 at 12:27 PM

ATTABOY, homeowner! I hope it doesn’t hurt too much, and for very long.

15 anon April 25, 2014 at 12:27 PM

…and they were last seen heading towards the DUMP aka Mohr Ln, section 8 “Affordable” housing

16 the other jj April 25, 2014 at 12:43 PM

shotgun

17 @anon666 April 25, 2014 at 2:08 PM

your’re ??

18 @666 April 25, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Did I spell this correctly, kiss my a$$anon666.
Oh no, incorrect spacing.

19 Mimi (original) April 25, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Really?? Likely they were tattooed? I’m a 61 yr old white conservative woman and I’m tattooed, does that make ME a criminal!?! Join the 21st century.

20 Wow #2 April 26, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Ok first of all not everyone with tattoos is bad or if you live on section 8 are you a bad person. I have tattoos and am on section 8. I have never been arrested I have a college degree. It’s ignorant people like CLEAN . Who make things worse. But unfortunately because of my cancer I can not work so before you judge us people with tattoos or people that live on section 8 why dnt you just SHUT YOUR MOUTH. Too bad your parents never taught you manners like if you don’t have anything nice to say, say nothing at all.

21 Gus April 26, 2014 at 8:40 AM

61 with a tattoo, let me guess, those melting clocks by Salvador Dali?

22 GoodJobDude April 28, 2014 at 8:05 AM

I saw this story on the news and cfheered that this guy stood up for himself. They say the geek that had his arms full of this man’s stuff dropped the stuff he was carrying, so the man was able to keep the gun the geeks tried to steal. I’m looking forward to the day when these jerks will be caught and taken off our streets for a while. Too much of this is going on. It is so disgusting.