Overturned Vehicle on SB-680 in Walnut Creek – Driver Flees Scene of Crash

April 24, 2014 23:20 pm · 24 comments

The CHP is investigating a single-vehicle rollover collision on SB-680 just south of Olympic Blvd. in Walnut Creek.

The older black Infiniti sedan was speeding and swerving before the solo-vehicle crash, according to the CHP.

When the CHP arrived on scene, they found the driver had fled the scene, apparently on foot. The driver has not been located, but they do not believe he was ejected from the vehicle.

Use caution if you’re in the area.

1 Brian April 24, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Lol, moron.

2 Tim April 25, 2014 at 12:31 AM

He was located nearby and transported to kaiser by AMR paramedics, CHP was awaiting their arrival

3 Anon April 25, 2014 at 12:42 AM

And accordions were here as he left, … da ta da ta, ta…

4 Weird April 25, 2014 at 6:41 AM

Weird.

5 Marianne April 25, 2014 at 6:47 AM

What an idiot!

6 Meemo April 25, 2014 at 7:09 AM

I like it when they only hurt themselves.

7 Jerk April 25, 2014 at 7:26 AM

The Daily Fl!p!

8 MEe April 25, 2014 at 8:00 AM

At about 11 or so last night I heard 3 MPD police cars moving fast up Alhambra towards highway 4, probably on their way to help find this driver? this may explain why…

9 wibbly April 25, 2014 at 8:19 AM

the wheels in the sky keep on turnin, la la la la la la la laaaaaaa……….

10 down and out April 25, 2014 at 8:33 AM

There’s nothing wrong with leaving the scene in a solo car accident. In 1991 I left the scene of a solo car accident on the highway in a winter snow storm in New York where it was very icy. I didn’t have a cell phone and it was very late at night, so a passing car offered to give me a ride as they saw me walking down the highway. In the meantime the police called the phone number at my home (but I was not there) but otherwise were not concerned. I arrived home and called AAA to tow the car. I then called my friend to give me a ride back to the car since AAA would not to it unless I was there.

11 down and out April 25, 2014 at 8:34 AM

“AAA would not TOW it unless I was there”

12 down and out April 25, 2014 at 8:36 AM

How are you supposed to make a phone call if you don’t have a cell phone? My accident was in 1991 before cell phones were popular. I had to leave the scene to make a call. There were few people on the highway and I wasn’t going to hang around there for hours waiting for a police car to pass by. It wasn’t safe to be on the highway in a snow storm.

13 Cowellian April 25, 2014 at 8:43 AM

To Infiniti, and beyond!

14 Jessica April 25, 2014 at 9:00 AM

what an idiot, how selfish is that.

15 ANON April 25, 2014 at 9:45 AM

“Use caution if you’re in the area.”

You need to use caution when you leave your home 24/7

16 Really? April 25, 2014 at 9:48 AM

May have been a stolen car? More likely than not, he or she had a cell phone. Why would you flee entirely of an accident? I do understand leaving the car and waiting on the side of the road. Perhaps intoxicated as well. Drive safe especially when it just starts to rain! People underestimate how slippery the roads can be. Adjust your speed accordingly.

17 Concordejet April 25, 2014 at 10:20 AM

wow I work nearby that scene that area is away from the heart of WC. it is safe area it just the driver had cause an accident and fleed away.

18 @down and out April 25, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Apples and oranges dude. Unless I am mistaken,
there was no snow storm and he was in a major
city. Sliding out onto the shoulder in a snow
storm in almost the middle of nowhere is far
from rolling your car as he did. Geeeez!

19 Let's hope he wasn't injured April 25, 2014 at 10:49 AM

I’d hate to read that they found the pathetic moron’s rotting corpse in the bushes nearby…….

20 Landana April 25, 2014 at 11:41 AM

I dont understand why they say ” fled the scene” , did someone see him run off? or was he just not at the car when they arrived.

21 Idiocracy April 25, 2014 at 11:42 AM

I saw this as I came home late last night. The guy must have been going real fast and also must be really stupid to hit that turn going over 80. Probably a DUI

22 J. April 25, 2014 at 12:27 PM

S/he probably ran home to report the Infiniti as stolen.

23 Goldilocks April 25, 2014 at 12:39 PM

Pretty sure He/She was drunk/on drugs and didn’t want a DUI/DWI ….
A car rolled over in that vicinity a few weeks ago. It’s a hot spot for idiots.

24 msofficer2bee April 25, 2014 at 1:59 PM

So I had the bad luck to witness this occurence last night. It hadn’t started sprinkling yet so the rain was not a factor-the idiot was driving 110+/mph when he passed me. Right around the curve when he passed the Olympic exit is when he started swerving and crashed into the wall and flipped. I didnt see him flee because I was too busy pullin over and avoiding car parts in the road. Need I remind you that around this curve people are passing at rediculous speeds. There was one other car that pulled over with me, I just called CHP and gave a report over the phone-glad to hear my desription of the vehicle was on point ;-)