UPDATE: CHP Helicopter Circling Near Mohr Ln. & David Ave. in Concord Searching for Burglary Suspects

April 24, 2014 11:59 am · 13 comments

A helicopter is circling the area of Mohr Ln. near David Ave. searching for residential burglary suspects.

The suspects are described as white male adults, who were seen burglarizing a home on Nuala St., which is off Mohr Ln.

The homeowner came home and caught them, and immediately called 9-1-1.

UPDATE, 12:10pm: At this time, the suspects have not been captured. The CHP helicopter has left the area.

1 anon April 24, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Is there a description of a suspect vehicle and better description of the suspects?

2 Idiocracy April 24, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Hope someone has a security cam to get their Plates or a mug shot. What little punks, go get a job losers

3 Creeporama April 24, 2014 at 1:57 PM

I hope they catch these creeps. Waaaaaay too much of this garbage going on.

4 Broke in Colony Park April 24, 2014 at 3:15 PM

At least they were interrupted. I hope that teaches them to not come around here anymore

5 Justin April 24, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Is there some reason criminals consistently elude police in the Concord area?

6 We're on our own April 24, 2014 at 4:07 PM

I guess what bothers me, is that with all that commotion…..police cars, ambulance, helicopter, blocked street…. no one bothered to tell any of the neighbors what was going on, nor ask if any of us saw anything. I called the police dept, only to be told that they were looking for two ‘bad guys.’ When I asked if my neighbor was hurt, I was told that “nothing was wrong”…but if I saw anyone jump over my backyard fence to be sure I called back. REALLY?

If anyone does have scoop on what the ‘bad guys’ look like or if they were in a car/truck/van…please post.

7 This is why... April 24, 2014 at 6:03 PM

I suggested they hold an open house at fortress
CPD. It’s windows were covered inside by papers
so they can’t see out and you can’t see in. It
is way to intimidating to enter there for any reason.
Bizarre at least.

8 Fritzhugh Ludlow April 24, 2014 at 8:25 PM

So that is what was going on……by the way does anyone know what all that heavy truck/equipment and construction noise near Minert and Oakgrove was last night between 2 a,m and 4 a,m,? I was not going to get up and go outside to find out and just turned up “Coast to Coast” to blot out the noise.

9 Court reporter April 24, 2014 at 10:52 PM

I saw a guy sitting on the curb and then stood up and was looking around. I told my son the guy looked suspicious. He looked like he was scoping the neighborhood, Ii seen him onWednesdat, April 23,2014 around 7:30 a.m.

10 @ Fritzhugh April 25, 2014 at 7:00 AM

Possibly BART noise, the workers sometimes park at OGMS and tend the tracks. You can call BART if you feel they aren’t being respectful of the neighborhood at 2:00 am.

11 Audrey April 25, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Seems the incident took place on Oasis and the resident was assaulted by the two hispanic males that broke into his house. Apparently the “bad guys” were two hispanic males around 18-20, wearing white tee-shirts and black back packs. That’s what my police scanner said!

12 Mr. Pink April 25, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Seems that the “bad guys” quite often get away in these situation, despite helicopters, dogs, whatever.

13 simplyme April 25, 2014 at 6:37 PM

This burglary took place on Nuala Street not Oasis around 11am. The man who lived there came home while the two guys were still at his house. A young man who drove up to the stop sign in front of this house saw the two guys coming out of the home carrying bags of stolen items. The man who lives there tackeled one of the intruders to the ground just as the young man was stopped at the stop sign, so he jumped out of his vehicle and the two guys took off and ran in different directions. They attempted to chase the two guys but were unable to catch them after one of them hopped a fence of a house off of Oasis.