Concord Mom Seeks Return of Late-Son’s Hair Clippings, Tooth After Residential Burglary

April 23, 2014 · 24 comments

burglar

A Concord woman is asking the person who broke into her home and stole her jewelry box to please return it, because it contains some irreplaceable items.

The following information is from a Concord homeowner off Clayton Rd. who was burglarized on Monday afternoon….

On Monday my home was burglarized sometime in the early afternoon. My jewelry box was taken that contains no valuable real jewelry, but it does contain sentimental items.

I lost my seven year old son to cancer four years ago and I kept a clipping from his last haircut and his first missing tooth.

I also kept a pin/handkerchief from my husband’s late grandmother. I am heartbroken over the loss of these items, they are invaluable, they are my treasures. I have put a sign in front of my home pleading for their return. It is all I have left from my son.

The box is navy blue with golden suns, moons, and stars on it.

If you have the box, please return it. Just leave the items on the doorstep of the home in the middle of the night if you want, but give this person her treasured items back.

1 blindboy April 23, 2014 at 8:49 AM

They don’t even care about anything else that was taken from the home. They only want the items that were a true value only to themselves. Its bad enough they had to go through losing a SEVEN year old. Now they have this happen.
To who ever took it and those people who know about, return these items.

They don’t deserve this.

2 JET April 23, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Hoping that the person responsible for this will see this and return these items…. you can’t put a price on the sentimental value of things like this. Good luck!

3 Anon April 23, 2014 at 8:52 AM

I’m so heartbroken for you. I hope you get your treasured items back. I have a clipping of my son’s first haircut also. I’m hoping and praying for the return of your keepsakes.

4 Sad April 23, 2014 at 8:58 AM

I certainly hope you get your treasures back. So sad. Sorry about the loss of your son.

5 Lori April 23, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Wow losing a connection to your son must be devastating for you. I really hope these items are returned to you. Your story brought tears to my eyes, I am so sorry for your loss.

6 kax April 23, 2014 at 10:29 AM

when this creep, or creeps, are caught, they should have both arms broken…

7 Suggestion April 23, 2014 at 10:32 AM

My home was robbed too, and they took a tape of my sons 13th birthday. For that birthday I hired a Limo to take him to school and pick him up, and I secretly followed it to get it all on tape. I’m fortunate I have my son and the memories we can talk about it, but it’s just so wrong.

8 A Dad April 23, 2014 at 10:43 AM

This just breaks my heart. I hope you get this back. I will keep checking back here for a happy ending to this story.

9 KAA April 23, 2014 at 10:48 AM

I hope you get your belongings back, but if you don’t you must remember that those few earthly items are NOT all you have left. You have your Love and as long as your heart is still beating that Sweet Child and your Grandmother in law are both safely still with you there.

10 A neighbor April 23, 2014 at 10:49 AM

I’m a friend and neighbor of this family. They are the most thoughtful, kind, hardworking people you could ever hope to meet. Someone might expect them to be bitter or unfriendly after the terrible loss of their son (and no one could blame them if they were), but they are not. Many people are hoping that the thief ditched the jewelry box. If you come across it, please return it to them.

11 Marianne April 23, 2014 at 10:53 AM

This is a truly sad story, jewelry can be bought over and over again; but something like this is impossible to replace. My heart goes out to you.

12 Concordejet April 23, 2014 at 10:54 AM

kax April 23, 2014 at 10:29 AM

when this creep, or creeps, are caught, they should have both arms broken…

Very true I totally agree with you

proofread April 23, 2014 at 9:32 AM

Please proofread your first sentence.

You do not need to be telling people to proofread give them a break they are going through a hard time with stolen items.

13 @Concordejet April 23, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Do you think the person that was robbed wrote this story on Claycord? Unbelievable.

I was pointing out that the Mayor or his reporters referred to a man getting their items stolen and then referred to “her” in the sentence. It has since been corrected to properly show it was a woman that is reporting the robbery.

Dig your bunched panties out of your crack and relax.

14 anonomous April 23, 2014 at 11:29 AM

So very sorry.Praying for the return of your belongings and comfort in your heart. Please if you have any idea please just this once have a heart and give her the things back.

15 Anonymous April 23, 2014 at 12:26 PM

There will be no happy ending.Burglars are the lowest of the low..they threaten all of us and I wish the burglars were higher on the Chiefs radar.

16 anonymous April 23, 2014 at 12:36 PM

I am so sorry, I ry hope you get your items back.. I am so sorry for the kids of your son.

17 sniffle April 23, 2014 at 1:25 PM

If someone is so insensitive as to rob a house, they most likely do not care about someone’s feelings. I am very sorry for what happened to you and your losses.
Karma will get the robber/robbers, this I know for sure.

18 VikingPrincess April 23, 2014 at 1:45 PM

Perhaps a more likely option is to drop it off after hours with address “to be returned to”… at a local church or any church.
Please have a heart…pick any church

19 Mad Mom April 23, 2014 at 4:13 PM

I’m hoping for the best. We would all love to see a happy update from our Mayor. Fingers crossed :)

20 rw April 23, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Unfortunately, you are assuming that the dirtbag who stole this stuff can actually read.

21 a neighbor April 23, 2014 at 6:11 PM

worth noting: this is the 3rd house on this block that has been burglarized (same MO) within the past 6 months… CPD should be all over this. Are they?

22 Shelly April 23, 2014 at 7:31 PM

I saw this mother on the TV news this pm making an appeal for her keepsakes. I’m praying for their return to her. If anyone knows who did this please convince them to do the right thing, you won’t be sorry.

23 buddhism April 23, 2014 at 9:36 PM

sorry your items were stolen from you and sorry you lost your son. I do hope that you will find contentment in life should they not be found. They were only material items,your son lives on in your memories. Good Luck.

24 anon mom in Conc April 24, 2014 at 11:10 AM

3 burglaries on the same street? Yeesh! can you give the street name or area?