The Claycord Online Museum – The Blues Brothers at the Concord Pavilion

April 22, 2014 · 16 comments

blues_brothers

This ticket stub from the 1980 Blues Brothers’ (Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi) show at the Concord Pavilion came from a Claycordian named Daryl.

Thanks for sharing, Daryl!

Anybody go to this concert?

ABOUT THE CLAYCORD ONLINE MUSEUM: The Claycord Online Museum is made up of historical photos, documents & anything else that has to do with the history of our area. If you have any old photos or items that you’d like to place in the Claycord Online Museum, just scan or take a photo of them, and send them to the following address: news@claycord.com. It doesn’t matter what it is, even if it’s just an old photo of your house, a scan of an old advertisement or an artifact that you’d like us to see, send it in and we’ll put it online! Click on the tag below titled “Claycord Online Museum” to view other items.

1 Coooool April 22, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Cool! Too toooo cool. 1980 brings back lots of memories. I had just graduated from HS. Those were the good old days. The area was still a good place to raise kids. Streets were relatively safe. Serious crime such as shootings, armed robbery, burglaries, drive by shootings, car theft were far a few between. I miss those days. I am not sure what has happened to our community, but whatever it is isn’t very good.

2 Two Cents April 22, 2014 at 2:55 PM

No, but I saw the Blues Brothers in 1978 with the Grateful Dead for the closing of Winterland. I remember it… I really do!

3 Road King Terry April 22, 2014 at 3:04 PM

I was there!

4 Sacto Rob April 22, 2014 at 3:21 PM

I love seeing the barely visible BASS logo on the ticket. The Bay Area Seating Service was the best! As long as you got your butt down to the cashier’s window in the the Monkey Ward’s store right when tickets were going on sale, you could always get decent seats with very small fees added.

5 Kinda old guy April 22, 2014 at 3:40 PM

I remember the Blues Brothers band were killer, Steve Cropper and Duck Dunn! Belushi forgot the words to “Expressway to My Heart” He got mad, did some sumersaults and left the stage. Good times…

6 Fritzhugh Ludlow April 22, 2014 at 3:48 PM

The Blues Brother’s Movie had just started playing in the theaters close to this date in 1980….made it an extra special event.

7 no handle April 22, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Ticket price of 8.50 with service charge ? I don’t think 8.50 would cover half of the service charges on a current ticket.

8 howard April 22, 2014 at 4:49 PM

It was $12.50 3rd row from stage.

9 KenInConcord April 22, 2014 at 5:09 PM

By a long shot—— his was one of the best concerts I have ever been to!!! It not like they really cared about the quality if the music. I mean they weren’t really rock stars, they were actors here to party!!! The music was great but this was just one hella big party and we all had a total blast!

10 Clayton Mom April 22, 2014 at 5:09 PM

I was there!! Belushi did back hand springs on the stage, it was a great show!

11 jessica April 22, 2014 at 8:06 PM

I was there. Excellent concert.

12 wolfman April 22, 2014 at 9:26 PM

I was there and those were forward hand springs and I couldn’t believe he could do that. Unforgetable show.

13 cat woman April 22, 2014 at 9:45 PM

I was there, was that you atop that pile? It was unforgettable, long time past.

14 Dr. Jellyfinger® April 22, 2014 at 10:06 PM

I was there too. I heard from friends they saw Belushi doing handsprings over at the Concord Hilton. Geez… give a fat guy enough coke & look out!

15 h2o April 23, 2014 at 5:44 AM

I remember Belushi coming out on stage doing flip flops. Outstanding show !

16 Mac April 23, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Sorry, was not a Blues Brother fan.
Not into watching over weight drugged out, no talent bums.
And waiting to see him roll around, was not a high light either.

A couple of SNL guys with a good band around them.
Neither Dan or John had any music talent, or skills.

I guess if you were as high as they were.
You enjoyed this crap