Single Vehicle Crash at Dinosaur Hill Park

April 22, 2014 21:49 pm · 31 comments

single_vehicle_crash

A vehicle crashed at Dinosaur Hill Park in Pleasant Hill on Tuesday, and even though the vehicle suffered major damage, the person inside did not suffer any life-threatening injuries.

Vince Rapisardo witnessed the crash, and said “I heard screeching tires all of a sudden I looked up and saw the van coming too fast, out of control around the corner. Then the driver made a sharp turn straight into the Dinosaur Hill parking lot. He crashed into the tree and a sign, and the sign somehow stopped him from going down the hill.”

The collision is still under investigation.

Thanks to Vince for the picture & information.

1 Enfield303 April 22, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Looks like the T Rex won that round.

2 Momo April 22, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Never heard of dinosaur hill park and I’ve lived here my whole life

3 Karma April 22, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Next time you get in a crash i hope you are photographed to see how it feels…
before you type your foul mean spirited posts think twice!

4 Justin April 22, 2014 at 10:29 PM

@ #3?

What?

This is a news site. The driver is not photographed. Don’t want to be the subject of news? Don’t lose control of your vehicle.

5 @momo April 22, 2014 at 11:04 PM

You must be living under a rock :-) It is the big hill that you can see all the way to Clayton from. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinosaur_Hill_Park.

PS @#3 no need to get all Cray Cray up on Claycord for reporting a story.

6 @ Justin April 22, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Go swim in raw garlic, that should get your head on straight

7 GoGo Gomez April 22, 2014 at 11:50 PM

My favorite spot to view Mt Diablo…glad the driver is OK.

8 Dr. Ian Malcolm April 23, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Hang onto something, this is going to be bad!

9 @ Post #5 April 23, 2014 at 6:52 AM

10 Jerk April 23, 2014 at 6:58 AM

The Daily Fl!p!

11 Mustang Sally April 23, 2014 at 7:37 AM

I’m going to have to find Dinosaur Hill.

12 Cowellian April 23, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Mustang Sally, just look for the wreck.

13 PO'd April 23, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Another stupid driver who thinks a SUV is a race car.

“A body in motion tends to stay in motion.” Sir Isaac Newton

14 Mac April 23, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Dinosaur`s and cars don`t mix

15 AccidentalTourist April 23, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Glad no one was hurt in this crash. I have never heard of Dinosaur Hill either, but I will look for it now.

Not sure what is up iwth #3. As for the mean posts, who cares. This is a free country. Posters can say mean things, nice things, neutral things…..this is freedom of speech. If you don’t like it, don’t read it. Many times I don’t read the posts, I just stick to the story and post back.

16 Anabelle April 23, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Dinosaur Hill. Where people go and wreck thier cars; not a place for the average person.

17 Blink April 23, 2014 at 9:31 AM

18 down and out April 23, 2014 at 10:28 AM

I have only lived here for three years and know Dinosaur Hill Park, which is a very well known spot in Pleasant Hill. I agree with post no. 5 that people who don’t know it must be living under a rock.

19 down and out April 23, 2014 at 10:39 AM

@Blink #17:

“It’s a short parking lot….don’t floor it to beat on coming traffic if making left turn….you will have to stop one way or another”

According to that wikipedia link above about the park, you cannot make a left turn into it. It’s only accessible going northbound on Taylor.

20 Momo April 23, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Doesn’t take much for the rudeness to come out in people that’s for sure!

21 down and out April 23, 2014 at 10:57 AM

@PO’d #13:

“Another stupid driver who thinks a SUV is a race car.”

The car looks like a sedan to me, not an SUV.

@#9:

“Get off your high horse. I have lived here for 20 years and never knew there was a Dinosaur Hill Park either. What makes you think you are so much better than anyone else just because you know about a park?”

I don’t think he was being mean as he put a smiley emoticon after his comment of “you must be living under a rock”. And he further went on to defend the mayor against post #3.

22 Cowellian April 23, 2014 at 10:59 AM

I’m guessing that karma can’t drive very well.

23 I'm The Urban Spaceman April 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Blink,

the median is a raised curb…you’re not supposed to make a left from Taylor into the park.

24 beautiful views April 23, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Worth finding, great veiws and nice trails. Maybe Karma need to take a chill walk out there some day. Seems a little uptight. Just saying…..

25 james April 23, 2014 at 3:31 PM

I used to race my Corvette and SS Chevelle on Taylor blvd. when I was a hellraiser.

I would use Dino Hill parking lot as the launching point.

I was told by old P.Hillers, in the late 70s and early 80s the park service would mow/weed eat dinosaur footprints in the grass areas.

26 PO'd April 23, 2014 at 3:53 PM

D&O #21

Witness called it a van-maybe a crossover, maybe a sedan, maybe a SUV. I can’t really tell by the pic, but my statement stands.

27 Mac April 24, 2014 at 8:07 AM

James, i raced my 66 Chevelle there many times.
In fact, i never lost.
My 396 big block moved pretty good.

We had a few different spots on Taylor we raced.
That was the good old days.

28 Mimi (original) April 24, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Have lived in Claycord since 1996 and have never heard of Dinosaur Hill Park, even when the offspring were young. I’ll look it up.

29 Happ April 24, 2014 at 12:59 PM

It’s on Pleasant Hill Rd. Just south of intersection of Grayson Rd. Small parking lot just off roadway usually filled with people in their cars smoking weed. Great views of Mt Diablo and the whole Diablo Valley.

30 Mac April 25, 2014 at 7:46 AM

People it is that great of an area.
I grew up in Pleasant Hill, and lived close to it.
But it was not used by any of my friends or family.
It was there, but no one cared. (except the burn outs)

But that was back then.
Maybe it has changed in 30 years (ha-ha)

31 Mac April 25, 2014 at 7:52 AM

Sorry…isn`t that great of area