Armed Robbery at Black Angus on N. Main St. in Pleasant Hill

April 20, 2014 · 28 comments

Pleasant Hill Police are investigating a robbery that occurred just after 10:30 on Saturday night outside the Black Angus restaurant on N. Main St.

The following information is from the Pleasant Hill Police Dept.:

SUSPECT(S): Suspect #1 – Black male adult, in his 20’s, thin build, wearing a grey hooded sweatshirt and dark jeans. Suspect #2 – Black male adult, in his 20’s, thin build, wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt and dark jeans.

VEHICLE(S): None Reported

BRIEF STATEMENT OF INCIDENT: On the above date and time Pleasant Hill Police Officers responded to a robbery that had just occurred at the Black Angus Restaurant. The suspects were gone upon the officers arrival and were not located after a search of the area.

It was determined that the suspects approached the two restaurant employees while they were standing outside the entry doors to the business. One of the suspects grabbed a purse that the female employee was holding and a struggle for the purse ensued. The female employee was knocked to the ground and both suspects ran off with the purse. The male employee attempted to intervene and follow the suspects, but one of them brandished a handgun at him. The suspects were last seen running away from the business towards Oak Park Bl.

Any witnesses to the incident or anyone with information is asked to contact the Pleasant Hill Police Department Investigations Division at 925-288-4630.

1 Greg April 20, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Be careful, but go get em PHPD.

2 mikeylicksit April 20, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Check in Antioch! You’ll probably find the purse there.

3 Craig Cannon April 20, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Same Thing Happening in Brentwood, Bay Point, Now Here. These Slime Sacks, Need to Pull That on The Guy Packing His Own Gun. End of Story.

4 anonmtz April 20, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Had no idea that “Black Angus” was still open for business.

Hope they catch the bad guys.

5 Dr. Jellyfinger® April 20, 2014 at 3:10 PM

It’s like robbery inside Black Angus too. Seen those prices lately? Sheesh!

6 Audrey April 20, 2014 at 3:17 PM

Am I supposed to be surprised?

7 Anon April 20, 2014 at 3:30 PM

2 black males in a hooded sweatshirt?!! Never would have guessed that.

8 anonomous April 20, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Sounds like the guys who have been hanging around the parking garage and hotel parking lot in down town Pleasant Hill. If clean cut and ones light skinned . Beware no matter what city your in.

9 mojoduck April 20, 2014 at 3:58 PM

It’s time for us to all carry a gun , fed us with this crap .

10 mojoduck April 20, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Ok Its supposed to be FED UP , so shoot me

11 Disgusted April 20, 2014 at 4:36 PM

And they all wonder why there is racial profiling…..

12 Dr. Jellyfinger® April 20, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Oh oh! That may have been a fox paw…….. Maybe I shoulda posted it in the politics column?

13 RAPID RATE April 20, 2014 at 5:38 PM

What has happened to cc county? has the government housing authority drastically expanded the low income and section 8 housing all over contra costa county or what?? Because I keep hearing stores like this one, happening in the nicer parts of the county such as walnut creek, pleasant hill, and Clayton more and more. So what is going on??

14 MrDuckyWucky April 20, 2014 at 7:11 PM

urban culture!

15 Underwood April 20, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Left Oakland for a reason…I guess I will be living Concord for the same one.

16 Rose Garden April 20, 2014 at 8:53 PM

I understand why a man would chase after other men…..I get it.

I’m glad he wasn’t shot, and I hope she’s okay.

17 Burned Steak April 20, 2014 at 8:54 PM

After all the parking lot car robberies at Black Angus, this place has no good working security video????????
Servers beware…these ninnies know you carry cash (tips)

18 annabelle April 20, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Angus has video cameras probably taking their time looking at it. I frequent there often, I will and the next time I will send a note immediately, duh, to the manager. I wouldn’t want to be in this situation after dinner.

19 Concord Guy April 20, 2014 at 10:24 PM

Remember the Velvet Turtle? That chain (and a quality chain at that) was shut down about 15 to 20 years ago, and the remaining ones were converted to Stuart Anderson’s Black Angus restaurants.

Both were owned by Saga foods, which was acquired by Marriot Corp. Upon acquisition, Marriott put them under the HostMarriott brand, which was the Velvet Turtle/Black Angus’ downfall. Many of us know that the HostMarriott brand is the same entity who ripped us off at airports around the world.

Ahhh…corporate life…

20 Abbie R. April 20, 2014 at 11:33 PM

@ Concord Guy no.19….In late 1976 the Velvet Turtle had an Ice machine in the kitchen with a dent from a Policeman’s .357 Pistol…an armed Murder suspect was killed there a couple of years before when He was shot through the entry door by the Policeman that was chasing Him it went through the door and the suspect and hit the ice machine…In the 2000’s after the Velvet Turtle was demolished and appartments/condos built on the site some guy murdered His Mother in their appartment….also in 1976 Employees of the Black Angus were attacked and robbed in the parking lot .

21 Tim April 21, 2014 at 7:50 AM

@Abbie R. No.20 Good knowledge

22 CreepyCreeps April 21, 2014 at 8:37 AM

What is going on out there? It seems like the thugs come out this way because were are seen as easy pickings. To hear about what goes on in our community is really sad. I really wish we had a nice relatively safe community again. Hopefully, Black Angus does have video and that these scumbags will be caught.

@Abbie R…I remember the Velvet Turtle by the Willows, was this site also a VT? Interesting story and history. Thank you!

23 Peanut Gallery April 21, 2014 at 8:42 AM

2 BM’s….again!!!!

24 Dr. Jellyfinger® April 21, 2014 at 9:49 AM

A little too good……….. I’ll bet Abbie R. was in on all of it! Probably guilty of a lot’a other stuff too!

25 Michelle April 21, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Dr. Jellyfinger, maybe Abbie R. is just old. In your profession, I’m sure you were accused of a lot of things…

26 Concord74 April 21, 2014 at 1:04 PM

I believe it was a “Charlie Browns’s” . The site is now “Claim Jumper”.

27 Concord Warzone April 21, 2014 at 5:31 PM

So now I guess I can’t even go out to dinner for a good steak on Saturday night, without fearing that I may get shot?

What is wrong with this place??? No wonder real estate prices are so cheap in this area! Duh!!!

28 Niners April 21, 2014 at 5:33 PM

I am guessing that the suspects were Aldon Smith and Chris Culliver. LOL!!