PIC: Vehicle Rollover Collision on I-680 Near Gregory Lane in Pleasant Hill

April 15, 2014 22:27 pm · 24 comments

daily_flip

Injuries were reported after vehicle rollover collision on I-680 near Gregory Lane in Pleasant Hill on Tuesday night.

A witness tells Claycord.com that a “Toyota Tundra rolled after losing control when cutting across all lanes of traffic and going over the median.”

The extend of the victim’s injuries is currently unknown.

Thanks to Nick for the picture!

1 PO'd April 15, 2014 at 11:06 PM

How moronic-since when is a pickup a sports car? I hope no-one else was involved. You gotta pay attention-you never know when the next idiot is coming your way.

2 gratt April 15, 2014 at 11:07 PM

moron

3 anonares April 15, 2014 at 11:32 PM

I have seen cars and trucks drive the same way on this stretch. They are also trying to cut across the medium to exit at Gregory or Monument. These a$$holes have no thought as to whose lives they endanger. You missed your turn because you don’t pay attention. Grow up and drive to the next exit.

4 Nervous Norvis April 15, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Serves him right, driving like a jackass!

5 Rebel April 16, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Was David Rosen driving it?

6 Mark April 16, 2014 at 3:27 AM

Lots of clowns on the road. Hope no serious injuries. Hope insurance doesn’t pay off.

7 Cowellian April 16, 2014 at 6:56 AM

When I think of off-roading, I usually don’t consider the highway median.

8 lmcc April 16, 2014 at 7:24 AM

Well, we don’t have to worry about brain damage from the accident. This jerk didn’t care who he endangered with his reckless driving. I see this kind of illegal behavior all the time because people are too selfish to make a legal turnaround down the road, so their carelessness becomes our problem.

9 anon April 16, 2014 at 7:29 AM

Could be he had a heart attack. You just don’t know so stop making assumptions, commenters.

10 BagsFlyFree April 16, 2014 at 7:40 AM

Almost got smacked into at that same exit last week.. Something about the double merge and that being the last PH exit makes for interesting road drama. You have got to love these truck drivers who think they have handling like a
shorter sports car..

BFF Out!

11 Anon April 16, 2014 at 8:06 AM

I hope no one was seriously injured but this fool got what he/she deserved. There’s no excuse for such reckless driving and endangering others. Taking the next exit is not that much of an inconvenience.

12 Walnut Creek Resident April 16, 2014 at 8:07 AM

Scary folks driving like they are invincible and also they do not give a hoot about any one else. I do not want to be glad this happened but I do sort of. So that person will not keep doing that.

13 Suzanne April 16, 2014 at 8:29 AM

What an idiot.

14 Cowellian April 16, 2014 at 8:47 AM

Anon@9 must be new here. Of course we make assumptions here. But if you’re offering odds on your assumption that it’s a heart attack, that might get some interest from the other commenters(sic).

15 Anon April 16, 2014 at 9:23 AM

@Rebel #5

Maybe not to far off. Have you driven past the local high schools lately and seen how many of these large trucks are in the parking lots? I drove by De LaSalle the other day and it looked like a monster truck parking lot. I can’t see why an inexperienced teenage driver needs 400hp nor can I understand why parents buy or allow it.

16 Michelle April 16, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Anon, parents give their kids to drive what they want. Why does it concern you?

17 Anon April 16, 2014 at 10:35 AM

@Michelle

Exactly my point. Some parents “give” their kids anything they want including things that are far to dangerous for them to handle. Why does it concern me? Because I would like to see those that I love have a better chance of living longer. This blog started with the mention of David Rosen

18 Hmm.... April 16, 2014 at 11:41 AM

I had a friend who died young of a heart attack while driving to work on the freeway. She was a widow and left behind four children. She didn’t roll her car, and no one else was hurt, but hey y’all, $hit happens.

19 Mary April 16, 2014 at 12:22 PM

I hope they stick him in the jail for 10 yrs.

20 Retired Cop April 16, 2014 at 12:29 PM

“Anon, parents give their kids to drive what they want. Why does it concern you?”

I could tell you dozens of stories, some end up in the morgue..but you would not understand. Many parents do things that are pure stupid…then wonder why their kids and dead, in the hospital, on drugs, in custody etc. – but people like you would not get it.

21 PH Dad April 16, 2014 at 2:04 PM

@ retired cop. My dad is retired CHP. Growing up seeing the graphic pictures in the patrol’s magazine was enough to make me think about my driving skills and lack thereof. My first car was a ’72 bug. Basic transportation and couldn’t go fast. Perfect car for a teenager.

22 anonanonagain April 16, 2014 at 3:46 PM

I see so many people driving down 680 like it’s the autobahn and then swerve over 3-4 lanes to make this exit. Very scary on the roads these days. Doesn’t surprise me at all to see this.

23 AAA sean April 17, 2014 at 11:47 AM

I’ll bet he had a medical issue of some sort or another , I just can’t imagine anybody going straight across the median at full speed from the fast lane. I’ve seen somebody go over the median there but it was done carefully it was still stupid but it was done carefully .

24 AAA sean April 18, 2014 at 12:23 PM

I’m a killer of threads.