UPDATE: BART Service Resumes After Person Under the Train is Hospitalized

April 14, 2014 18:00 pm · 6 comments

San Francisco’s Montgomery BART station has reopened and trains are recovering from a delay this evening after a person was extracted from beneath a train at Montgomery station, a BART spokeswoman said.

Emergency crews received a report at 4:49 p.m. that a person was under the train at Montgomery station, BART spokeswoman Luna Salavar said.

Eastbound trains did not go through Montgomery station, while westbound trains continued running without stopping at the Montgomery station, Salavar said.

Emergency crews uncoupled the trains and were able to remove the person from the tracks. The person is alive and has been transported to the hospital, Salavar said.

Montgomery station reopened at about 5:45 p.m. and a slight delay is expected in both directions, according to Salavar.

BART is investigating how the person came to be on the tracks and have not yet released the age or gender of the person.

{ 6 comments }

1 i can read April 14, 2014 at 7:50 PM

“Slight delay is reported”. Anyone who works in downtown sf knows that’s a joke. i know someone falling or jumping onto tracks is beyond BARTs control, but why has there been such an influx of these instances inv he lasr year or so?

2 Lari April 14, 2014 at 9:07 PM

@i can read: I know; I was recently telling a friend about how every week now, there is some kind of delay, problem on BART. Whether it be ‘medical emergencies’ like this or track problems, equipment failures, etc. A few weeks ago, I had plans to be in the city on a Saturday. I usually take train to avoid hassle of parking and traffic, but I have grown weary of all the delays, including long ones on weekends due to ‘track maintenance’, so I drove. Sure enough, that morning I saw an article about ‘major delays’ on BART. It does seems like there have been so many more delays since the strikes.

3 BART April 14, 2014 at 10:24 PM

Last week our train was 30 minutes late, no explanation, then the T.O. threatened to take it out of service all the way home. I’M SO TIRED OF BART NOT WORK ANY MORE. There is never just a normal commute from Concord to SF any more. Last Friday, I get and my commute was going okay until I up a couple of stations and then some guy gets on who has to growl and scream the “F” word every two seconds because he is so mentally ill. DO PASSENGERS HAVE RIGHTS ON BART AT ALL OR HAS BART JUST BECOME A PLACE FOR MENTALLY ILL, DRUNKS, HOME LESS AND DRUG ADDICTS. Sick of BART and ready to DRIVE my nice ride instead!

4 BLS April 15, 2014 at 11:48 AM

I agree with all of you so much. I take Bart everyday to From Pleasant Hill to San Francisco. The commute is so bad and only getting worse. I hope Bart can get there act together cause its driving me nuts.

5 Julio April 15, 2014 at 1:11 PM

The Bart Board is so dysfunctional they don’t even see what riders see. To them it is perfect.

6 Rider April 15, 2014 at 8:41 PM

I think their station agents should be on the lookout for drunks and whackjobs and not let them board the trains. It sucks having to sit/stand their for 45 minutes next to some crazy, reeker.

God Bless.