Man Convicted of Rape, Assault for 2010 Attacks in Walnut Creek Apartment Complex

April 10, 2014 21:16 pm · 65 comments

mouton

A Berkeley man accused of raping a woman and attempting to rape another after gaining entry into a gated Walnut Creek apartment complex in separate incidents in the summer of 2010 was convicted of rape and burglary charges today.

A jury in Martinez found 26-year-old Antonio Mouton guilty of one count of forcible rape, one count of assault with intent to rape and two counts of burglary. The jury was hung on two additional rape charges, according to Deputy District Attorney Ryan Wagner.

According to the prosecutor, Mouton began his crime spree at the Park Regency Apartments at 3128 Oak Road on June 30, 2010 when he knocked on the door of a woman in her 20s and asked for a glass of water.

While the victim was getting him some water, Mouton covered her mouth and attempted to sexually assault her, according to prosecutors. The woman was able to fight him off and screamed, waking up her sleeping boyfriend and causing the defendant to flee.

The defendant struck again on June 6, 2010, entering an unlocked apartment and raping a woman in her 20s, according to Wagner.

Police also suspected Mouton of another attempted assault of a woman at the same apartment complex on Aug. 10, 2010 but he was not prosecuted in connection with that crime.

During the trial, Mouton admitted to the rape but denied being involved in the attempted assault, according to Wagner.

Jurors heard both testimony from the two victims and DNA evidence linking Mouton to the crimes, the prosecutor said.

Mouton could face up to 32 years to life in prison and is set to return to court for sentencing on May 30.

{ 65 comments }

1 Dr. Doc, PHD April 10, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Google ‘scum’ and this ‘tard’s pic will appear.

Say, could he be Obama’s son????

2 svcsfc April 10, 2014 at 9:34 PM

I love how the first comment was bashing Obama

3 bluebird April 10, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Did his trial just end? Isn’t his twin brother either in jail or recently released?

4 None April 10, 2014 at 9:47 PM

These kind of people made me sick. Save some money leaping time freaking rapist!

5 NRA #1 fan and member April 10, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Blame the victims on this one….getting a hoody wearing BM a glass of water? Never open the door for any strangers knocking thats RULE #1

And Not locking your doors so a BM can enter your apartment?

Renters = are they that ignorant……probably cause they rent and don’t own LOL

6 Rose Garden April 10, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Throw the book at him! Admitted the rape but denied being involved in the attempted assault?

If he’s okay with rape, he’s headed in the right direction. I hear it’s pretty common.

7 anon April 10, 2014 at 9:49 PM

I went to school with this fool i always sensed he was a piece of s#!*

8 Idiots everywhere April 10, 2014 at 10:04 PM

My user name is so appropriate for the first 2 posters on this story!

9 LPD April 10, 2014 at 10:08 PM

I’m a new Nor Cal resident and an avid Claycord reader. The reporting is spot-on and so quick. But it’s pretty disappointing to see how many of my neighbors (near or just a bit far) are so quick to turn every single post into a political or senseless discussion. This person was caught and we are safer because of it. Focus on the facts and appreciate that you have such a great resource that provides you with local news which can enrich your quality of life.

I am glad that this individual has been apprehended and charged. One less threat off our streets. We should all strive to work together and gain momentum in reporting crimes and achieving safety.

10 Just sayin April 10, 2014 at 10:13 PM

I’m shocked with the appearance of the rapist. He looks like such a nice boy.

11 mutts April 10, 2014 at 10:13 PM

I love the first comment, also. If the shoe fits….
Just cut off his pecker before he makes parole.

12 NRA #1 fan and member April 10, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Never open your door to Obama’s sons…….huge risk of getting robbed, shot or jacked as they call it in the ghetto.

13 NotPC April 10, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Notice how the story states he struck on June 30 and AGAIN on June 6??? Funny how time works sometimes. . . .

*All comments should bash Obama in one way or another, for any and every reason.

14 Upset jet April 10, 2014 at 10:23 PM

Your turn to get raped now! Have fun in Prison. You will never walk the same again.

15 gratt April 10, 2014 at 10:51 PM

obama black, whatever, he is half white u dumb smokes… i guess his mother doesn’t count right

16 Yhe Phantom April 10, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Dr. Doc, PHD, svcsfc, mutts, NRA #1 fan and member, NotPC

“Your real father did not tolerate insults directed any race, color, or creed.
He was a good man, he was a rich man, and he, like any man…made mistakes.”

He did get around however…have you ever been introduced to one another?

Check Ancestry.com.

17 #1 - typical redneck clown April 10, 2014 at 11:38 PM

nice to see that them white redneck folks from kentucky have migrated to the bay area, specifically the concord area.

Dr Doc -PhD: i am guessing you are pissed off that your family tree doesn’t fork. now please go back to your trailer, close the door and listen to your damn loretta lynn music.

18 MrDuckyWucky April 10, 2014 at 11:45 PM

urban culture strikes again.

19 Dear NRA - #1 AHOLE April 10, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Pathetic how you hide behind your words on the computer screen. you dont even have the courage to say “black man” instead using the term BM when we all know what you mean. Lets not sugarcoat the fact that you are a bigot and dont like black people. every “BM” that you see walking down the street is probably a potential criminal worthy of cocking your precious gun. guess what fool? i have seen just as many whites getting arrested for stealing or attacking people in concord. wake up.

While i do agree that this man is going to get what he deserves, let us not become a community full of ignorant fools like NRA #1 douchebag and start profiling black people, and making stupid comments.

20 Suzanne April 10, 2014 at 11:54 PM

gratt you really need to get a “grip”, maybe that will help.

21 Local KKK? April 11, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Some of these comments are so flamingly racist, I’m wondering if we have an active KKK chapter around here and if some of these pinheads posting are members. These same people probably call themselves Christians and give lip service to the brotherhood of man.

I may not agree with everything Obama’s done, but I respect him as our twice-elected president. If he was such an abysmal failure and communist/fascist/socialist (take your pick, the Obama-haters use the terms interchangeably and don’t know the difference), how could this guy get another term? I say there are a lot of confused, insecure people, some posting here, who have found in him a convenient scapegoat for their sad and sorry little lives. It’s rather pathetic, really.

22 NotPC April 11, 2014 at 5:22 AM

@Yhe Phantom –

I was adopted. hmmmm

*Impeach the Socialist!

23 Race? April 11, 2014 at 5:24 AM

How many white men rape each year? I hear it in the news everyday. But for some reason when a black man rapes, it is all over fb by some. I would put good money the percent just about represent the percent of the races in America. Lets talk about the pillow case rapist who raped, claimed to, over 40 women? BTW he just got released. Maybe all you racists should worry about him, not this man who will be in jail. BTW, I would not care what race they were, if someone raped my wife or step daughter.. I would move hell and earth and find them and hang them by piano wire.

24 CrankCord Doug April 11, 2014 at 6:15 AM

All you people complaining about the comments on this blog need to remember that they’ve all been approved by the Mayor… if you don’t like the tone of what’s been posted here, maybe you should find yourselves another ‘more enlightened’ blog to follow.

25 Just checking... April 11, 2014 at 6:52 AM

Claycord like every morning with my coffee, n
I see this piece of trashes photo again.
enough already, his mother may love him,
I just hope they trade hi to the AB for a favor.

26 Justin April 11, 2014 at 7:24 AM

Wow, Claycord needs to crack down on the comments in here. Just a bunch of racist, off-topic losers.

Victim blaming? Calling out the Pres? You people are trash.

Glad this guy was caught. He’s clearly a problem – shame he was on the loose so long. At least justice is being served.

27 gratt April 11, 2014 at 7:43 AM

colords never even bothered to vote until a guy with a darker skin was on the ticket, then they want to call him black and come out of the woods to vote, hey dummies, he is half white, grew up in Hawaii and went to an ivy league college, he is NOT one of you!!! You did not win on this one!

28 GoGo Gomez April 11, 2014 at 8:00 AM

All sex offenders should just be shot!

29 Race? April 11, 2014 at 8:33 AM

@Crankcord Doug. So, you are more bothered by peoples comments about racism, than you are about those racist comments? Give it a rest. We all just give our opinions. I love Claycord. Not happy with the news, but the Mayor doesn’t make the news, or censor comments much, which I like. And isn’t it a bit hypocritical of you attacking others comments for them attacking other comments? Isn’t that a bit like whining about people whining ? Maybe YOU are the one who should find another site?

30 Incognito April 11, 2014 at 8:42 AM

There’s nothing racist about the fact that the majority of crimes being committed here in the Bay Area are by either blacks or Hispanics. If you find that hard to believe other than the articles posted here weekly about the crimes, make a trip to Martinez to the court house one day and take a look.

31 Suzanne April 11, 2014 at 8:57 AM

ok, this man needs to do some hard time. Throw the book at him.

32 jtkatec April 11, 2014 at 9:10 AM

In response to those who go for the “white” or “black” label, you might want to get a DNA test and see how pure you are.

I happen to be black Irish. Fair skinned white woman, with dark hair and blue eyes….. the Moors came to Ireland after overtaking Spain…..guess what? I’m passing.

33 Cuzzzzz............... April 11, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Not sure what Obama has to do with this……….Oh yeah……..nothing
As for the question about the Klan….Rumor has it Concord that has had a very active chapter for years. Wasn’t there a hanging in Concord in the late 70′s/early 80″s?????
I agree with GoGo Gomez – All sex offenders should be shot, that is of course after they have been castrated with extremely dull serrated knife :-)

34 Shelly April 11, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Jtkatec (#32); you do make a great point. Over the heads of many Claycord posters, but great. Many would be shocked by their own DNA tests.

35 Cartman April 11, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Boil him.

36 Let's Go Oakland April 11, 2014 at 10:16 AM

I’m very thankful that we only have another 10-20 years of dealing with you frightened old racists. When you crap your pants and choke on your own drool in your final moments, will you still be b1tc4!ng about blacks, Muslims, Mexicans, and gays? Or will it then hit you – in your last pathetic moment – that you wasted a lot of time and energy on the wrong side of history? I don’t really care, I just gleefully look forward to your nonexistence. Until then, you existence without relevancy.

37 Bob the Repairman April 11, 2014 at 10:29 AM

If I had a son, he be just like Antonio.

38 Let's Go Oakland April 11, 2014 at 10:36 AM

It just occurred to me that when you old frightened racists all finally die, Fox News will die too! Things still won’t be perfect, but it will be better.

39 Cat Wrangler April 11, 2014 at 11:04 AM

He sentenced his victims to a lifetime sentence. Who will rehabilitate them?

40 Cat Wrangler April 11, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I wish I had read the public posts. I read the story and posted my comment. I am concerned about the victims and public funding for rape counseling and support. Especially because rape victims have so many problems with trust, emotionally and physically intimate relationships and PTSD. Rape is a crime of power and control over the victim and is equally practiced by all races, cultures, socioeconomic groups – to say otherwise is to reveal one’s ignorance.

41 MrDuckyWucky April 11, 2014 at 11:18 AM

@#36
Self righteous, arent we?
you probably take great pride in your self proclaimed open mindedness. Unfortunately, it seems the wide opening has let your brain fall out, with the consequence of leaving you a bitter, clueless loser. And Darwin theory is not kind to losers.

42 MrDuckyWucky April 11, 2014 at 11:21 AM

I hear local liberals are staging a rally to protest the arrest and subsequent deprivation of this man’s right to unregulated sexual pleasure.

43 Mimi (original) April 11, 2014 at 11:29 AM

All Rapists should be castrated, maybe this punishment would make others think twice…

44 Shelly April 11, 2014 at 11:30 AM

@#36; What’s really funny is that as these losers dwindle and grow more and more impotent many will be completely dependant on a caretaker, and the chances are great that someone of color will be that caretaker.

45 Incognito April 11, 2014 at 11:50 AM

@#36
What planet do you live on?
I hate to burst your bubble and/or theory, but as long as the human race exists, there will always be racism of some level in existence. As we have all see in postings here on Claycord, the human race is judgmental, critical, biased, in more ways than one. Unless we all start looking exactly the same, it’s not going away.

46 Glad April 11, 2014 at 12:11 PM

I’m glad this man will be off our streets for a while. Wish he’d had a better path in life. Now he has to spend his time behind bars like so many other lost souls. Too much of this is going on, we need to raise our youth better and provide them with discipline and guidance. What we’re seeing is a tragedy and the beginning of things to come. We will all pay for not having time to raise our kids, being too lenient, spoiling them, entitling them, having the government too intimately involved in our lives, and for social systems that do not work or that undermine strict parenting. I wish we’d all get smart again and do what we are supposed to do as leaders, parents and mentors.

47 Anonymous April 11, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Let’s hope he gets life, and let’s hope it’s a short one.

48 Dr. Doc, PHD April 11, 2014 at 1:38 PM

I looked up the definition of “liar” and both Phantom and Obama’s pictures appeared next to the text.

49 Mr. Pink April 11, 2014 at 1:40 PM

Nice knowing ya, pal. Enjoy your trip up the river.

50 ClayDen April 11, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Lock him up for good, and do what Jesse Jackson said we should do to Barack Obama: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHflFFKoaNM

51 wh0079 April 11, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Man… I remember this… My (now ex) girlfriend and I moved into that complex not long after all of it was going on. I remember having conversations with the leasing agent ‘couse I was worried that since I worked nights my girlfriend would be there alone every night.
I never really told her but we really almost didn’t move into that place because of this douchebag.
If there is a god… This guy will still get to experience rape… for life.

52 NotPC April 11, 2014 at 5:02 PM

Why does the left think when someone bashes Obama, it’s because he’s black? Or that we have this rapist due to his color? NO ONE cares about color any more except a small few (actual racist types) whom most of us conservatives avoid like the plague.

I, for myself, bashed Clinton in the ’90s, would have bashed Carter but there was no internet, (and then bashed Bush for Iraq – NOT for Afghanastan) because they were all leftist weepies.

I didn’t bash clinton, Carter or Bush because they were black or white just as I don’t bash Obama for his color. His skin is not an issue, his character is. These blogs provided by our Mayor are a great venue to “vent” these feelings, just as you vent about concervatives.

Golly, weepies, grab a tissue.

53 All of you, April 11, 2014 at 5:31 PM

are nuts! You are all insane, unbalanced.
There are so many of you, and stories like
this bring your feted, vile, rumblings to light.
The sad thing is you all think you are right.

54 ClayDen April 11, 2014 at 6:52 PM

@All of you

Typical; try to use a word to sound smart and then can’t spell it correctly. Idiot.

BTW, I am guessing that you were trying to use the word “fetid,” as that would fit in context with the rest of your comment.

55 RAPID RATE April 11, 2014 at 8:25 PM

These are the guys your daughter has been brainwashed by Hollywood to think is her ideal dream man….

56 RAPID RATE April 11, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Meanwhile you have the federal housing authority flooding concord, pleasant hill, and walnut creek with tons more potential rapists/criminals just like this guy, with there massive expansion of low income housing in contra costa county..

57 Walnut Creek Resident April 11, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Wow I forgot about that young man. I am surprised our justice system takes forever and takes our money and time to put this guy away. Just think how many people it takes to take care of this. The money and energy it takes when the evidence was so obvious!! Makes me furious that we have to waste our time and resources when he was caught in the act!!! Not right.
All the lawyers take our money and our complete trust. Sick of them.

58 Barbie Dahl April 11, 2014 at 8:54 PM

He attacked 2,010 women?!!!

59 mika April 11, 2014 at 9:04 PM

This guy went to YVHS. Always in trouble and mom always defending him. Not surprised at all. . .

60 Yhe Phantom April 11, 2014 at 9:36 PM

California Rape Law
Penal Code 261

“The punishment, penalties, and stigma that flow from a California rape conviction can be severe. The punishment for rape in California includes three (3), six (6) or eight (8) years in California state prison.”

“And if the alleged victim was a minor, the minimum sentence is seven (7) years…and the maximum is thirteen (13) years.”

Ridiculous…

- Ought to be (10), (20) and (30).

If threatened with a deadly weapon (WDW)…35 years to life.

61 Yhe Phantom April 11, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Dr. Doc, PHD, svcsfc, mutts, NRA #1 fan and member, NotPC
Clayden and Rapid Rate

The discussion was about a local rapist being convicted.

You Trolls turn every discussion to Obama, race, and Benghazi if possible…IRS… Fast and Furious…NSA…Solyndra…but never show up on the Politics forum.

“The thinly distributed bigoted, racist, neo Nazi, psychotic minority has inflicted themselves on the Internet in a way never available to them before this time. We are better able to measure their malfeasance and smoldering hate.” ~ Yhe фантом

Not soon enough you will be dead, and your thinking dies with you…

62 Incoming April 11, 2014 at 10:28 PM

This creeps attitude is written all
over his disgusting, ugly face.

63 Fig Newton April 12, 2014 at 7:42 AM

Rot in Prison,,,,,,,,,,,,,no more EBT,,no more gold teef,,no baggy pants,,and no more rap music,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,have a nice stay in prison,,your days should be long and boring!

64 Cruella April 12, 2014 at 12:13 PM

I’m glad he is off the streets. Dangerous people need to be kept locked away from the rest of us (forever). I truly hope his victims are able to heal and move forward with their lives..

There are good and bad people of all colors, shapes, ethnicities, religions. Besides, we humans are all related (google “Mitrochondrial Eve).

65 Suzie April 12, 2014 at 1:20 PM

I agree with you cruella, we don’t need people like this on our streets. They make it unsafe for our families. I really mean mine.