UPDATE: Concord Police Patrol Car Rammed – Vehicle Pursuit Underway

April 5, 2014 0:28 am · 20 comments

Concord Police are in pursuit of a vehicle in Downtown Concord.

It all started when a Concord Police patrol car was rammed with a police office inside, and the suspect, who is driving a white Cadillac, immediately fled the scene.

The suspect was going about 100-mph on H-242 and merged on to H-4 towards Bay Point.

UPDATE: The police vehicle received damage, and was unable to continue the pursuit.

UPDATE #2: The suspect’s vehicle was a late-90s or early-2000 white four-door Cadillac de Ville. It should have front end damage.

{ 20 comments }

1 A SCANNER PLEASE!!!! April 5, 2014 at 12:31 AM

CAN WE GET A SCANNER HERE ON CLAYCORD PLEASE!!! I MISS MINE AND WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT IS GOING ON IN MY CITY!!! Thank you!!!

2 em April 5, 2014 at 12:35 AM

just saw at least 7 police cars pass me by on my way home.

3 Suzanne April 5, 2014 at 1:01 AM

He certainly was in a hurry, notwithstanding.

4 Robin Gibson April 5, 2014 at 1:18 AM

#1 A SCANNER PLEASE!!!!
Here is the link to the site where you can find the police fire sheriff and more.

5 Anon April 5, 2014 at 2:21 AM

Mayor, where can we give a tip about bad people driving white Cadillacs that could possibly be a suspect?

6 anon April 5, 2014 at 5:50 AM

What part of the city did the crash happen? I know of a white caddy in my neighborhood that parks at a druggies house.

7 Chevrolet girl April 5, 2014 at 5:56 AM

@1
There are free apps youncan get for a scanner

8 tgunn April 5, 2014 at 10:11 AM

LOOKS LIKE THE MAYOR ONLY POSTS COMMENTS THAT HE AGREES WITH.

9 edwin April 5, 2014 at 10:26 AM

is officer hurt because if he is,he should ask partner for some norcos. Hahaha

10 Bill April 5, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Such a surprise they fled towards Bay Point! Next it’ll come out the car was stolen.

11 Chuckie's Wife April 5, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I’d assume the police officer got the license plate (if there was one), so they should have no trouble finding the vehicle.

@ Anon #5 – call the local non-emergency police number.

12 Michelle April 5, 2014 at 11:59 AM

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the car was stolen. What else could be expected.

13 anonanonagain April 5, 2014 at 12:36 PM

Talk about desperate to get back inside (prison). What idiot rams a police car and then drives away at high speed? Obviously a real Einstein. Enjoy your accommodations at the taxpayers expense…..

14 anonymom April 5, 2014 at 1:33 PM

Edwin your comment wasn’t tacky at all. It takes someone who really hates cops to ram a police car and chance getting shot. “Assault with a deadly weapon”….people are really stupid.

15 anon April 5, 2014 at 1:48 PM

California is the only state that allows people to drive vehicles with paper plates.

16 Amy April 5, 2014 at 2:03 PM

They fled to W. Pittsburg? No kidding!

17 PO'd April 5, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Saw the action on 242 last night-multiple CPD cars eastbound in a hurry.
Yeah, the car is likely stolen and it will be a stroke of luck if the perp(s) are caught. Likely the perp is a repeat offender doing what he does best and will risk his life and yours if you get in the way.
I suppose this is the way that post industrial America is going to be from this point forward-acts of desperation by ignorant people.

18 iluvfriedchicken April 5, 2014 at 5:54 PM

How do they know the suspects are going to bay point? There are 10 different ways to go on 242. They could head off to Sac, or out to Stockton. What makes bay point the most likely destination?

19 VikingPrincess April 5, 2014 at 7:27 PM

Oh dear! If I found myself in a white Cadillac I’d flee too. Probably on foot to my nearest auto dealer and trade that thing in STAT.
The nerve of some people.

20 Spencer April 6, 2014 at 12:18 AM

If you go to the App Store there is a good police scanner . It’s going on in front our home so I will be up listening lol