Armed Robbery in Walnut Creek’s Broadway Plaza

April 4, 2014 23:52 pm · 17 comments

Walnut Creek Police are investigating an armed robbery that occurred around 11:05pm on Friday near the Corners Tavern Restaurant & Bar in Broadway Plaza.

The suspect was a black male with a gun. He fled the scene in a Honda Civic, according to police. It is unknown if another suspect was involved.

No injuries were reported.

1 I'm just sayin April 4, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Keep the thugs from Oakland out!

2 Sophia Patrillo April 5, 2014 at 12:13 AM

THIS COMMENT HAS BEEN DELETED

3 I'm The Urban Spaceman April 5, 2014 at 12:22 AM

How do you know they were Oakland thugs? They could have been residents of any number of various Bay Area thug villages…I hear tell Crystyl Ranch has a thug mobb( ¿CrystylMallRats?) ….what pray tell, I-dent-ti-fies these folks as being from Oakland….and which part of Oakland? There’s some mighty nice neighborhoods in Oaktown that don’t have a freeway running through them..

4 Fig Newton April 5, 2014 at 6:49 AM

Maybe the EBT card was lost,or used up for the month,,,,,,, He needs to Call Obama for a EBT increase !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He can use his Obama phone!

5 Hank April 5, 2014 at 7:24 AM

Corners Tavern is not part of Broadway Plaza.

6 Dr. Jellyfinger® April 5, 2014 at 8:08 AM

I hope the robber had a concealed carry permit or he could be in some real trouble!

7 Shelly April 5, 2014 at 8:21 AM

Thank you for that Urban Spaceman. #2, go back to trying to make sense of your storybooks.

8 Concordejet April 5, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Shelly: #7

True, it was just a brief story did not say what the robber stole and/or injuries

9 rkt88 April 5, 2014 at 9:47 AM

SERIOUSLY – moderation allows those troll comments through – cmon claycord, if you are going to have moderation, please moderate. Those posts are obviously nothing but troll bait. Very hard to have a community discussion when those are the first posts allowed in.

That being said, I know moderation is a PITA timesuck.

10 Nymous April 5, 2014 at 9:52 AM

I try to stay away from that crime ridden ghetto area. *sarcasm*

This is for those people who keep putting down Sunvalley Mall and quick to point out that it’s ghetto. Crime happens lots of time everywhere and you are just not aware of it.

11 wow April 5, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Suspect description, typical.

12 @9 April 5, 2014 at 11:02 AM

What about free speech you moron? You got to say what you wanted to say. Let everybody speak freely. What are you the thought police?

13 Anon April 5, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Maybe he needed parking meter money.

14 wild guess April 5, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Have a feeling the perps were in the restaurant with her at one time and saw
big money and fancy phone. and followed her out or were waiting around corner. Corners should check their security cameras if they even have any. Someone saw something, maybe even Big Mama driving!

15 12 April 5, 2014 at 1:20 PM

So much for free speech.

16 Cowellian April 5, 2014 at 2:32 PM

12@ #15,
You’re free to say anything you want, just not here.

17 Dr. Jellyfinger® April 5, 2014 at 7:47 PM

The Mayor has the supreme right to edit anything he deems offensive. It’s his house & his rules. I ought to know…… you folks never get to see half the edgy, wry, witty, provocative crap I post. Sometimes I don’t understand it, but I’m not going to cry about it!