Volunteers Needed at Camp Concord in South Lake Tahoe

April 3, 2014 12:56 pm · 5 comments

Camp Concord in S. Lake Tahoe is getting ready to open up for the 2014 season, and volunteers are needed for a spring work weekend from May 2-4.

The summer camp, operated by the City of Concord, will provide food and lodging for interested volunteers.

“Anyone willing and able to volunteer for the weekend is welcome,” says Camp Director Laura Bryan. “We have tasks such as organizing, cleaning and raking as well as helping with bigger projects, like finishing cabin improvements. The whole family is welcome! Camp staff will be onsite offering activities for young children. Opening camp would not be possible without the help of volunteers. All help is greatly appreciated!”

A registration form is available AT THIS LINK.

For more information, contact Laura Bryan at 925-671-3006.

{ 5 comments }

1 MrDioji April 3, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Cool. I’d love to, but I wonder how much my 2 yo and my pregnant wife would be able to help..

2 anon April 3, 2014 at 5:58 PM

Do they provide free medical care if you are hurt?

3 Euell Gibbins April 3, 2014 at 7:27 PM

There are many plants that you can use to medicate yourself.

4 lauren April 3, 2014 at 9:48 PM

I went there when I was young. Licked a banana slug, drank POG juice (a camp concord legend), took advantage of the polar bear event….. what is polar bear you ask? Well it is when you shuffle down to the lake at 0500 hours and jump in. The purpose of this is to be the first to claim the hot water in the shower and also receive free hot chocolate. It’s a right of passage in your youth as well. The rest of the pansies get cold showers and and a pacifier (pacifier is a joke for anyone wanting to get their panties in a bunch).

5 Anon. #5 April 4, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Going there this summer! Wahoo!